Team-BHP - June 2010 Sales Figures
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   June 2010 Sales Figures (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/84715-june-2010-sales-figures-5.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingpin1 (Post 1965933)
I hope they dont go the Hyundai way and upgrade the bumpers and call it a new version.(verna). It is not a new version it is a new bumper(!) i hope the market punishes Hyundai,surely it must be some B-school pass outs idea of capturing the loosing market share lol:

+1 to that. And the B-School guys must surely be from some B-ranked schools. A-Grade B-schoolers will surely focus on long term strategy than getting its focus on low hung froots.

Is there any information regarding VW India sales figure for June`2010.

The Sales figures of FIAT seems to have settled down in the range of 2200 - 2300. Also, i dont see any efforts to better these figures.

Just see how Volkswagen advertised the Polo, Kudos to them, and the same goes for GM, Boy..!! What a come back..!!

I wonder Why can't FIAT learn from these guys, they have 2 World Class Products in their armour. From the Avertisements which were on Air sometime back, i could summarise that there was no explanation of the Features that their cars have and the general customer is unaware of these interesting features, the general customer confuses the Blue & Me with the Blue5 Tech available in the Indigo Manza & the Bluetooth functionality available in the ford Figo. I am writing this as i have personally experienced these kind of questions from the perspective buyers & friends.

Also, i can see no efforts to start promoting the GP VGT, as the launch is very near they should have taken all the routes to promote the car, be it the Print Media & on Air. They should have atleast started the Teasers like "Coming Soon" or something. They should better start thinking on the same ASAP, because the competition is growing at a very fast pace.

do we have a model wise break up of the sales for Maruti? I am curious about the new Wagon R and how its looks are being accepted in the market.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingpin1 (Post 1965933)
Feel the Vista is being run over by the Figo. Vista looks way to similar to the Indica V2 and (the earlier version) and even though it is a VFM struggles when put up against the Figo.

I think Figo/Swift (new) is the only real competitor Beat for me is an average car (if at all in this segment) and will loose numbers soon.

However, i think TATA should be thrilled with the Indigo range 7,500 odd is a decent number for this segment,specially since the Indigo (cs xl etc) used to clock around 2k+ and the Manza has taken the average sales to above 7k+.

Also, would love to see Maruti respond with newer launches.Dzire 3-4 years +, Swift 4-5 years + Sx4 (cosmetic change apart) 4+, and where is the Sx4 diesel?? Is it being kept away or is it just a rumor by Maruti fan boys?

I hope they dont go the Hyundai way and upgrade the bumpers and call it a new version.(verna). It is not a new version it is a new bumper(!) i hope the market punishes Hyundai,surely it must be some B-school pass outs idea of capturing the loosing market share lol:

Yes, FIGO is selling like hot cakes. But IMO averaging around 9k for Indica and Vista is steady but Vista was not able to drive additional sales because of newer variants in its segment after the launch. However I don't think that the looks of Vista itself has a lot to do with it. Even the new Swift is looking a lot like the old swift and likewise next gen FIGO and BEAT would be too.

I just think that TATA should try to be ahead of the curve and come out with upgrades sooner rather than wait for the sales to deteriorate. Also their margin for error is getting reduced by every new entrant who is entering this segment.

New slogan for TATA is - QUALITY CARS OR BUST! ;)

As has been said by many TBHPians and me.
Its always a question of Maruti Vs the others.

If you notice pretty well, I am guessing the figures will be showing one trend. Maruti is not affected by the new entrants at all.
But the new entrants would have eaten into the market share of the next best and the third best, not the alma mater the shares of Maruti i.e. Suzuki.

So needless to say any new entrant say, Beat or Figo will only eat into the share of guys like Hyundai and Tatas.

Not that I am a supported of Maruti but the current scenario is such that for anybody to eat into Maruti's share it will take a lot of effort. As they are pretty well established.
Remember even Toyota took around 30 odd years to take the GM and Ford off the throne despite being rated better in quality in a mature market like US.

I know not many people are open to this point, I am ready to hear your viewpoints too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by xingamazon (Post 1966870)
As has been said by many TBHPians and me.
Its always a question of Maruti Vs the others.

If you notice pretty well, I am guessing the figures will be showing one trend. Maruti is not affected by the new entrants at all.
But the new entrants would have eaten into the market share of the next best and the third best, not the alma mater the shares of Maruti i.e. Suzuki.

So needless to say any new entrant say, Beat or Figo will only eat into the share of guys like Hyundai and Tatas.

Not that I am a supported of Maruti but the current scenario is such that for anybody to eat into Maruti's share it will take a lot of effort. As they are pretty well established.
Remember even Toyota took around 30 odd years to take the GM and Ford off the throne despite being rated better in quality in a mature market like US.

I know not many people are open to this point, I am ready to hear your viewpoints too.

There might be a few who are passionate and fail to see the reality for what it is. However, MSIL's leadership is coming down gradually though it is not in any real danger for the time being.

MSIL used to lead in every segment in which they compete, but now things are slowly changing.
So, 95% of MSIL lead is due to A2 and C segments, which accounts for around 60,000 car sales every month. However, for someone like TATA, the introduction of more diesel variants in the A2 segment (2-3.5 lakhs) could substantially reduce the lead. But that is still some time away..

Quote:

Originally Posted by anu21v (Post 1966143)
+1 to that. And the B-School guys must surely be from some B-ranked schools. A-Grade B-schoolers will surely focus on long term strategy than getting its focus on low hung froots.

Whose ever idea, it was - i dont blame him so much. there was, there was a herd in the company which has accepted and implemented. :Frustrati

BTW, Would like to see what good it has done to Verna's numbers. How much of that 4k is to Verna?

Any ideas about Premier and Mitsubishi sales, should be around few dozens.

Quote:

Originally Posted by agspins (Post 1967740)
Any ideas about Premier and Mitsubishi sales, should be around few dozens.

Premier still sells cars!! :Shockked:

Quote:

Originally Posted by SafeDrive (Post 1967770)
Premier still sells cars!! :Shockked:

Yes Premier sells its sole model Rio. The brand has been relaunched last year.

still waiting for detailed excel sheet Any idea how many new wagon-R were sold? Also the Polo numbers?
As usual FIAT is struggling at 2K+ numbers. Only further improvement in A.S.S with T-jet sport launch is the only hope!

Honda city has come down significantly in last couple of month from 5K to 3.5K range! Honda needs to do something. Over weekend spotted couple of Jazz with SELECT badge at rear. If i am not wrong Jazz select is low priced one. So, as mentioned here, Jazz sales are picking up due to discount!

I seriously think, Ford needs to come up with nice schemes, they need to hit the 10K / month mark. Strike while the iron is hot. I don't see that happening. They have to do it now, this Qrtr so that come Aug and festival season begins they can hit the 10K mark. They really need to establish a strong base before Toyota enters the Market.

They already have a 2yrs 100k kms warranty, I feel this should have spanned 3 or 4 yrs. Anyways the logic that Warranty issues will surface within 2 yrs may not always work.

Apart from that missing TMC. They need to get down and address the finer issues - How many of us have not yet received the extended warranty certificate.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ownerofazkaban (Post 1968111)
I seriously think, Ford needs to come up with nice schemes, they need to hit the 10K / month mark. Strike while the iron is hot. I don't see that happening. They have to do it now, this Qrtr so that come Aug and festival season begins they can hit the 10K mark. Well said sir, I think they must be having some ace up their sleeve for the coming festive season. However before they do so they need to up the production to meet the demands, not by cutting the Fiesta production which is a tough competitor in the sedan below 9L price.

They really need to establish a strong base before Toyota enters the Market. :Shockked:Toyota is already into market, I hope U are referring to the Etios

Apart from that missing TMC. They need to get down and address the finer issues - How many of us have not yet received the extended warranty certificate. Although I have got a 2 page computer printout handed by the dealer for the EW, I dont know whether it warrants for a new certificate

Ford I think has started taking things for granted. The other day I visited the Ford showroom along with a friend who wanted to TD for Figo, saw a lot of disgruntled faces in the showroom, dont know if they had already booked and waiting for delivery.

Any idea about the sales of the Polo, both petrol and diesel?