Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2010, 14:46   #46
Senior - BHPian

I wouldn't say it's a wrong move by Maruti, if they can price it lower than i10 AT then surely there might be a few Maruti loyalists who will go for it. But yes, I do agree that a Ritz AT or a Swift AT is the real deal. They will surely be able to seriously undercut the ~8L i20 AT.
Old 8th July 2010, 16:03   #47
Senior - BHPian

What i feel is that it would be a second car which could be used by females mostly.In that case size wont be that big an issue.Even the exsisting customers dont feel the lack of space.The lack of space is more improvised due to the lack of height also.I think after the old zen this one is one car launched by MSIL which does not sport a tall boy design.
ram
Old 8th July 2010, 16:12   #48
BHPian

Really fail to understand why Maruthi does not bring an automatic Ritz Diesel. It will sell like hot cakes.!
Old 10th July 2010, 12:57   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
Also, adding AT to Swift will be a market killer, a swift AT will hit i10 AT sales hard. But wonder what is Maruti guys planning for !
Exactly. An AT Swift would sell like hot cakes:
Automatic climate control? Check.
Airbags and ABS? Check.
Good (high) seating position? Check.
Compact enough to drive and park anywhere in city? Check.

Add an AT and people would be stampeding to buy it. I'd be first in line for sure.
Old 10th July 2010, 14:32   #50
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prithvi View Post
Really fail to understand why Maruthi does not bring an automatic Ritz Diesel. It will sell like hot cakes.!
Exactly my opinion too,Its high time maruti come out with AT in all their models except the low end ones like alto and M800.

But it has to be available in low cost variant as well as top end too.That was the mistake with Wagon R and Zen AT.They prices the AT along side with VXI and ZXI.

Let them come out with AXI,ADI with just PS and AC and another version with more features.

Maruti are you hearing???
Old 10th July 2010, 14:56   #51
BHPian

we dont want old torque convertor AT which sips fuel like we own a petrol bunk ourselves. i experience in i10 which gives only 7-8 on Bangalore traffic.
We buy AT only to reduce our stress on worse traffic conditions but if the mileage is worse it is better to buy a manual gear.

it is wise for Maruti to plonk CVT AT on Ritz and Swift Diesel.

-MUKE
Old 10th July 2010, 16:32   #52
Senior - BHPian

AT variant normally is given in only one avatar from almost all manufacturers.Its the same with Hyundai,MSIL,Honda etc.And to add to it the price would be higher than the top end variant and the features would be of the one just below the top end.
Marketting strategies are the same across all manufacturers.I think no one wants to take a risk in the proven strategies.

ram
Old 10th July 2010, 16:55   #53
BHPian

A-Star sales never really took off. For the package, it has been over priced and with A-Star AT, i am not sure if this really has a segment. May be its for Maruti to take a decision on A-Star to phase the vehicle out or not
Old 10th July 2010, 17:05   #54
Senior - BHPian

Came in todays economic times that the A-star AT is going to be launched soon,at around 15% premium to manual versions with a 4-speed auto.
Old 11th July 2010, 18:40   #55
BHPian

Innova A/T anyone?

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 12th July 2010 at 14:07.
Champion is offline   Received Infraction
Old 12th July 2010, 14:48   #56
Senior - BHPian

One thing for sure is that MSIL would be giving the cheapest innovations to the customers.Swift had given us the climate control ABS etc which during that times were a feature in much costly cars like elantra.So let us wait for the prices from MSIL.

ram
Old 13th July 2010, 11:44   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
Exactly my opinion too,Its high time maruti come out with AT in all their models except the low end ones like alto and M800.

But it has to be available in low cost variant as well as top end too.That was the mistake with Wagon R and Zen AT.They prices the AT along side with VXI and ZXI.

Let them come out with AXI,ADI with just PS and AC and another version with more features.

Maruti are you hearing???
+ 1 to that

IMO WagonR & the Ritz are perfect candidates to experiment an A/T gearbox rather than the AStar. The market for A/T not just for the differently abled but also for mini MPV city cars. My colleague with a hip joint problem wants both comfort of ingress/egress coupled with an auto gearbox & the only choice he has is the i10 A/T. Maruti A/T boxes (for eg. the RARE W/R AX) were only a namesake and I hope they get auto box right this time.
Old 13th July 2010, 12:57   #58
BHPian

So what difference it is going to make in the sales charts?

Seriously Indians are growing in size. This is evident in all my friends' and my own families' new gen kids. :-D

It is high time to introduce cars with decent internal space, Maruti.

We Indians are taller than you Japanese and other Mangoloids..

Last edited by Rehaan : 21st July 2010 at 20:04. Reason: 2 smileys per post max. Please make sure you read the Team-BHP rules before continuing on the forum. Thanks.
Old 13th July 2010, 17:41   #59
BHPian

Hey friends ;
Though I agree it is a welcome move and considering the fact that A star does not sell well due to competition from the other cars maruti has to offer (Wagon r,alto,Estilo,Swift and the Ritz), an automatic tranny might attract people to it but it has been a very well known fact that maruti has never had any success with automatics may it be the Esteem AX or even the Zen automatic which was launched for some time;even the SX4 auto is not that popular and neither could the Vitara ever be a great success
Old 14th July 2010, 13:50   #60
Senior - BHPian

While the A-Star is definitely overpriced, I think it's a nice move to add an AT option, given that we are starved for choice in AT-options in that segment. Also, if the AT version comes at 5lakh odd, that would be competitive w.r.t. the i10-AT. And given that A-Star is reputed for its frugal fuel consumption, we can expect atleast 50% more FE than the i10-AT. Would make a nice FTD city car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks