Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2011, 16:01   #346
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata power fails to push Fiat sales

As a present Fiat customer, I have to say one thing, I am a bit scared.

One thing for sure, I want the safety of the Tata-FIAT JV to continue. True, I wouldn't mind some exclusive showrooms and service centers to have a more premium feel as a customer, if nothing else.

On the other hand, I still want to be able to have access to the massive Tata service network, which means unlike many other premium brands like VW or Toyota or Ford, I want to feel secure in having a service center nearby even in more remote parts of the country.

Tata service network allows FIAT to offer nationwide road-side assistance, which is a massive boon.

But most of all what Tata as a partner ensure is that FIAT stays in India, no matter how bad the situation gets.

So, separate dealers and service centers most welcome. But I still want the comfort of the Tata network.
julupani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2011, 18:16   #347
BANNED

IMO , this is a good move by FIAT . as a owner of a fiat what bothers me most is , they ditching me again . with this move, i am 100 % sure that they are here to stay and slug it out. off lately Fiat CEO is facing too many questions wrt to Indian operations , few statements have come from Mr R .TATA as well .considering this Indian operations are definitely at center of attention ( as they have more or less streamlined Chrysler now ) . IMO everything will be separate , whether it;s sales or A S S . As for dealers pushing TATA cars more than fiat goes, that;s true since i too faced this at least in 4-5 showrooms in rajasthan and delhi .
Old 6th September 2011, 18:25   #348
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
IMO , this is a good move by FIAT . as a owner of a fiat what bothers me most is , they ditching me again .
That I think is of the most important consequence that will be of consideration for both present and future customers.

That is why, YES to independent showrooms, but a big honking NO to severing ties completely with Tata.

Because, in a situation like FIAT is today, selling just a thousand cars a month, requires a big partner like Tata who can utilise and keep the factory open and limit the losses incurred by FIAT themselves.
Old 3rd November 2011, 13:44   #349
Distinguished - BHPian

Where is Fiat headed?

Despite all the October promotional campaigns, offers of huge cash discounts such as a whopping 1,30,000/- off on the Linea and 90,000/- off on the Punto (among tons others), the sales tally of Fiat India in October 2011 stands at a very meagre - 622.

Yes, you read that right. 622 Fiat cars sold in all of October, which is an all-time low record for Fiat India.

It is a 25% drop from the sales figures for September 2011, and a steep 70% fall from sales of October 2010.
Old 3rd November 2011, 14:16   #350
Senior - BHPian

622 Units in ALL ? Fiat is to blame for this. Though they make excellent cars, the don't care a damn to change people's opinion about the brand and i din't see any sign of marketing their product let alone aggressively pushing for sales.

In the present scenario, i think only true fans of Fiat opt for a Punto or Linea. With the competitions in respective segments heating up, it may all but be over for Fiat(i hope i'm proved wrong though).
Old 3rd November 2011, 15:37   #351
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakhon View Post
I believe only the sales will be different. The service will still be with Tata I guess.
The first step is taken. Both the dealerships and service centres are responsible for Fiat's dismal sales. SHowrooms tempt buyers into buying Tata cars over Fiat cars while Tata's service centres just don't take Fiat cars seriously. It is just another cab in their eyes.

Now that the showrooms are getting split up, down the line I expect unique service centres as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by julupani View Post
As a present Fiat customer, I have to say one thing, I am a bit scared.

One thing for sure, I want the safety of the Tata-FIAT JV to continue. True, I wouldn't mind some exclusive showrooms and service centers to have a more premium feel as a customer, if nothing else.

On the other hand, I still want to be able to have access to the massive Tata service network, which means unlike many other premium brands like VW or Toyota or Ford, I want to feel secure in having a service center nearby even in more remote parts of the country.

Tata service network allows FIAT to offer nationwide road-side assistance, which is a massive boon.

But most of all what Tata as a partner ensure is that FIAT stays in India, no matter how bad the situation gets.

So, separate dealers and service centers most welcome. But I still want the comfort of the Tata network.
Unless you drive to the remotest corners of India, your point does not make sense to me.

Towing service worry is accepted. However, modern cars are quite reliable and it is not that only Tata's road-side assistance will work. Many new manufacturers tie-up with My TVS (1500+ centres for towing) and other non-OEM guys to provide road-side assistance to owners.
Old 2nd May 2012, 17:12   #352
BHPian

Mod Note : Please continue the discussion in the new thread. Thanks

Read today in autocar india website that the joint sales service of Tata fiat are coming to an end.No more Fiat cars in Tata showrooms - Overdrive

Last edited by GTO : 2nd May 2012 at 21:13. Reason: Adding link to new thread
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks