Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2010, 23:54   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Fat chance the Jazz will be launched with a 1.5 L or the price will go any higher. Actually, there isn't a need to get the 1.5 at all. The 1.2 does the job just as well.

@ Honda : Here's an opportunity to accept your folly and reduce the price officially. Dealers are anyways offering 50+ grand in discounts. Make the price realistic and watch the super hatch fly off showrooms.
I agree with u. The 1.2L is enough for the Jazz. The 1.5L will definitely lead to a price rise which Honda cannot afford to do. I somehow don't see them reducing Jazz prices as well. I think the Jazz 'X' will be a more feature rich version at around the same price.

What the Jazz really needs is an auto box, but then again 'at what price' is the BIG question.
Old 23rd July 2010, 00:25   #17
BHPian

I have driven the jazz with 1.5 litre and i always use that car when i am in phuket and believe me it is way better than the 1.2 litre.When i spend around 8 lacs on a car atleast i want the car to go fast and not just adequate performance.This is the reason skoda also failed i would buy a jazz with a more powered engine or maybe skoda fabia with a 2 litre engine.
Old 23rd July 2010, 00:28   #18
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
@ Honda : Here's an opportunity to accept your folly and reduce the price officially. Dealers are anyways offering 50+ grand in discounts. Make the price realistic and watch the super hatch fly off showrooms.
If some how the Honda Jazz is priced below 6L on road, this very well could be my Car amongst the hatchbacks whenever I decide to go for one.
Old 23rd July 2010, 01:49   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
I agree with u. The 1.2L is enough for the Jazz. The 1.5L will definitely lead to a price rise which Honda cannot afford to do.
Do you think Honda priced the Jazz high only because it costs them so. They made a greedy choice and now they are suffering for it. I bet they can very well be profitable even if they put the city's engine under the hood and sell it at its current price.
Old 23rd July 2010, 02:30   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

I think Honda just wants to attract a 'few' more customers with the extra goodies. That is, if they don't increase the price further.

They don't want 'volumes' I believe, rather just enough to keep going. This will make sure Honda's hatchback doesn't become too common and has some 'snob' value.
Old 23rd July 2010, 02:31   #21
Senior - BHPian

Why don't they go the i20 way? Subtract some goodies and launch a new base model with a lower price. That should pull come customers.
Old 23rd July 2010, 13:35   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashutoshb View Post
Why don't they go the i20 way? Subtract some goodies and launch a new base model with a lower price. That should pull come customers.
Buddy they cant do that because there high end model has the same features as a base i20 ! A base level jazz (given the current model) at reduced prices would probably come without Aircon, Power Windows or even hub caps
Jokes apart, the Jazz with enhanced features like ACC and Alloys at similar price levels will really make things interesting. Im ok with the premium pricing over a Hyundai, as long as you give me the same features as a Hyundai i20.
Old 23rd July 2010, 13:51   #23
Senior - BHPian

Why dont they consider revising their prices rather than introducing another edition of the car (which costs even more)? Are they really happy with the way Jazz is selling right now?
Old 23rd July 2010, 14:30   #24
BHPian

IMO, Honda will not reduce the price factor. The reason according to them is, most of the parts of jazz are imported. Honda never compramises on quality. Any way the current offers on jazz, are steal-a deals
Old 23rd July 2010, 14:46   #25
BANNED

My view is that there will be only a marginal price increase, and this way they will want to offer 'more car for the money'. The 1.5 (MT or AT) is out since they do not want to pay the higher excise.
Old 23rd July 2010, 14:56   #26
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Honda should correct price but won't.

Instead till will add more goodies at a marginal price rise, to imrpove the feature list and value quotent. But due to the already absurd pricing the move will fail.

If only they realize that they are loosing market share and they need the numbers on the street rather than the bottom line contribution that each vehicle makes.
Old 23rd July 2010, 15:33   #27
Senior - BHPian

Poor Brand Management

Well, I tried to resist this comment but couldn't!

HONDA, even in India where it enjoys more more loyalty than it does worldwide, has got to stop treating itself as a SUPER brand. Its cars sell:

1) Because they are good cars.
2) Because HONDA is well respected.

However, at the end of the day, HONDA is a mass market brand. Its not BMW who can charge a premium for its aspirational value. It simply can't. The fact is, the day its cars start becoming more ordinary, people will stop buying them. They will not buy it since it is a HONDA.

JAZZ is perfect example of how HONDA over- rated itself. It's a great car. Hell, I even think its the best hatchback. However, HONDA thought that it could milk the customers and they would pay anything since they think HONDA is 'premium'. It got a tight slap on its face. Also, even if it corrects the price; all it will do is to make the car sell more, not depreciate its band value. People will not start thinking that HONDA is a cheap brand. Quite simply, because nobody considers it an Uber-cool brand anyway!

Accept your mistake; reduce the price; reap the profits

PS: I think the correct price for JAZZ is arnd 5.5 lacs ex. Delhi. 6 on road.

Last edited by Abhi_Automobile : 23rd July 2010 at 15:35.
Old 23rd July 2010, 15:46   #28
BHPian

Honda is very well aware that the Jazz is not selling, 200-500 are not great numbers for a company which sells 4-5k of ANHCs a month. I wonder how will Honda place this model? If they give additional features for the same price then the existing top of the line model will suffer and in no ways can they get away with charging a premium on the already thru the roof prices of Jazz.

The only way they would be able to place it IMO will be by
1) replacing the existing model with the new one,

2) Launching the new model at the same price of the existing model and slash the price of the existing model by a good 50-60k.

That will ensure better sales as well. When will Honda learn that the only saving grace it has at the moment is the ANHC, all other models have lost their top spot to competitors, may that be Civic, Accord or C-RV. Better late than never Honda.

Last edited by MihirC : 23rd July 2010 at 15:49.
Old 23rd July 2010, 16:13   #29
BANNED

I quite agree with Abhi. I do not expect Honda pricing to become more realistic until the Rajasthan unit comes on stream. At the moment they are able to sell what they make, so why bother with volumes. Once Rajasthan comes on stream they will have to pull up their socks. They may also have to set up more dealerships/service centres and/or expand the current ones.
Old 23rd July 2010, 16:53   #30
Senior - BHPian

First of all what is there is in this version Jazz X as compared to other versions ?

Is it a better version or stripped down version ?

It seems more like a limited edition thingy which other manufacturers sell in the market.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks