Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th November 2005, 19:04   #31
Senior - BHPian

Skoda sells for it's top build quality, comfort and german engineering, which no Jap car can match! Besides that vRS also sells for it;s performance.

Secondly it is a well known and discussed point that Japanese horses are weaker than European horses, though the jap cars might be faster because they are lighter (read poor / unsafe build). You drive both and you know what I am talking about.

Thirdly, Volkswagon DSG automatic transmission (to be available in Skoda A5) is faster and more efficient than Manual transmission

So it might be a close call between the two cars, which you will be able to decide only after the test drive...
Old 19th November 2005, 19:18   #32
Senior - BHPian

@ Mr Boombastic: Online refree says, speculation on the A5 Octy RS power output will lead to only further detours. As long as people are discussing cars, it's alright, isn't it? If you don't want that either, let's just ask members to reply in either "Yes" or "No." What say? Better still, we could just shoot an email to Skoda Auto India asking them to leak their future plans, and we wouldn't need a thread on this at all. What say, mate?

Last edited by ported_head : 19th November 2005 at 19:19.
Old 20th November 2005, 22:43   #33
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ported_head
@ Mr Boombastic: Online refree says, speculation on the A5 Octy RS power output will lead to only further detours. As long as people are discussing cars, it's alright, isn't it? If you don't want that either, let's just ask members to reply in either "Yes" or "No." What say? Better still, we could just shoot an email to Skoda Auto India asking them to leak their future plans, and we wouldn't need a thread on this at all. What say, mate?
I wouldn't be so pessimistic to say that my esteemed fellow Team-BHPians would only take detours. Let's not forget, most did reply to the question asked and I respect them for that. Some even gave valuable input info on another car that in some way relates to the topic being discussed. Personally, I feel this is as important a thread as any other... Maybe this way I can know what most of us expect from Skoda Auto, India etc. I would be obliged if you could send Skoda Auto, India an e-mail like you have proposed and help me (and maybe others members of our wonderful forum too) find the answer I seek, but I would still like to know what my fellow members (all of whom have an interest in cars) expect from Skoda Auto, India when it comes to the new (A5) Skoda Octavia vRS.
Old 20th November 2005, 23:04   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBoombastic
Apart from three or four direct responses that dealt with my initial post, we have taken many winding detours…
1. Look how much I know about WV/ Audi’s past and where what engine was taken from where and what was done with it.
2. Online referee trips when there was no online WWE match on (In my eyes people who fight online are rather pointless
1. To predict/analyse the future, you need to sometimes look into history and see if you can spot a trend.
2. A conversation is what we have on this forum and conversations by nature tend to go off tangent.
3. If you still dont get it..... none of us can tell you with 100% certianity if the A5 Octy will retain all of 200 hp.
4. Now, if you simply want people to make uneducated guesses, then start a poll.
Old 20th November 2005, 23:08   #35
Senior - BHPian

Going by what MPower says, if the current vRS is the old Jetta 1.8T, they might not launch the new FSI engine at all. We might just get the 1.8T seen in the Octy RS abroad, the A4 engine that pumped 180 bhp. My guess is a 180 bhp.
Old 20th November 2005, 23:18   #36
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower
1. To predict/analyse the future, you need to sometimes look into history and see if you can spot a trend.
2. A conversation is what we have on this forum and conversations by nature tend to go off tangent.
3. If you still dont get it..... none of us can tell you with 100% certianity if the A5 Octy will retain all of 200 hp.
4. Now, if you simply want people to make uneducated guesses, then start a poll.
Yes, you are right, we do need to look into the history and we did... In my first post to start this thread, I did mention the current Skoda Octavia vRS has lesser power when compared to the current Skoda Octavia vRS being sold abroad (the point that made you take the winding detour). I agree conversations do tend to go off tangent more than often and sometimes (like in this thread) are brought back to what's being discussed. I know nobody can predict the future with 100% certainity, even Nostradamus was a goofball...If you read my posts with a "peaceful" mind, you will see that I also wish to know what fellow members expect from Skoda Auto, India while wanting to know what Skoda Auto, India will actually give us. As far as getting it goes, I get a lot and thank the Lord for that while hoping you get some too. Start a poll... Now, that's a nice idea, but that would be starting off two threads on the same topic by the same member... I wouldn't do that to a forum I am member of, but will think of it as and when I start another thread, thanks for the valuable tip.
Old 20th November 2005, 23:21   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Personally, I feel this is as important a thread as any other... Maybe this way I can know what most of us expect from Skoda Auto, India etc.
Why only you, even I feel every thread on the forum is important, as it contributes to what you don't already know.

Quote:
I would be obliged if you could send Skoda Auto, India an e-mail like you have proposed and help me (and maybe others members of our wonderful forum too) find the answer I seek, but I would still like to know what my fellow members (all of whom have an interest in cars) expect from Skoda Auto, India when it comes to the new (A5) Skoda Octavia vRS.
I'm interested too, and would probably be the amongst the first to take a test drive when it does it's Indian launch. But I have the gut feeling, that it is much more than 6 months away, and I'm hardly a prospective buyer, so I'm going to resist from shooting them an email off straight away.

Last edited by ported_head : 20th November 2005 at 23:24.
Old 20th November 2005, 23:22   #38
BANNED

Quote:
Going by what MPower says, if the current vRS is the old Jetta 1.8T, they might not launch the new FSI engine at all. We might just get the 1.8T seen in the Octy RS abroad, the A4 engine that pumped 180 bhp. My guess is a 180 bhp.
That's what I think too (170-180bhp), but let's just hope we get 200bhp... This is one of the cars I am looking at to be my ride for the year 2006... More than hoping, I am praying for the 200bhp.
Old 20th November 2005, 23:32   #39
BANNED

Quote:
4 replies out of 35 (including my answer) have answered your original question, the rest have been detours.
Don't you think that is because you and I have made more posts answering each other and one of our friends saying that we get the Jetta engine etc. (My friend, whatever engine we get or don't get, the point is not the current Skoda Octavia vRS or why do we get lesser power. The point is will we get lesser power again) when all that was said that the current Skoda Octavia in India has lesser power than the one being sold aborad? I only mentioned the current Skoda Octavia vRS having lesser power than the ones being sold abraod for people to have another factor to think of while stating what they expect/ we will get from Skoda Auto, India when it comes to the nes (A5) Skoda Octavia vRS. Think about it
Old 21st November 2005, 00:02   #40
Senior - BHPian

OK, lets look at it another way, the only reason they reduce the power because hi-octane fuel is not guarenteed all over India. But, if you live in a major metro, Speed 97 should not be a problem which means you can chip it to 200 and beyond if you wish. OK, I know you dont like chipping, but its really no problem as long as you use the right fuel.
Old 21st November 2005, 00:09   #41
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower
OK, lets look at it another way, the only reason they reduce the power because hi-octane fuel is not guarenteed all over India.
Yes, very right! This very important point you have raised makes me think we will end up getting a lesser powered vRS again.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks