Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2010, 21:19   #16
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Albatross. View Post
i am unable to calculate the investment required by these companies for importing CBU's.
Investment is zero, HM wants to keep its profit margins unreasonably thick. Montero margin is about 9 lakhs, while each EVO X sale adds 14 lakhs to their kitty. This attitude is what has killed the otherwise excellent SUV in our market. The Montero remains the only all-rounder from its segment.
Old 25th August 2010, 22:26   #17
Senior - BHPian

There was talk of Mitsubishi coming on it's own in India..wonder if that would happen at all. IF it does, I really wish the prices are cut down to realistic levels.

Their products lineup is GREAT albiet for the price & service network.

God give them wisdom, they are sitting on a potentially booming market, but thier pricing gets all @#$%^&*

HM are you listening ? ....... Guess NOT !!! :-(

Cheers
Old 26th August 2010, 16:21   #18
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
There was talk of Mitsubishi coming on it's own in India
Welcome, but doubtful. All the big guns are already well established, and to enter the Indian market now, you need deep pockets (a la Volkswagen). Mitsubishi Motors is really tight on cash. That's actually one of the reasons why the 2010 Montero is still based on a decade old platform. No $$$ to develop an all-new generation.
Old 23rd September 2010, 20:20   #19
BHPian

The Autocar India site has now news saying that the upgraded Montero has been launched. But their quoted output figures are confusing, and exterior changes are mentioned as "....minor cosmetic changes to the front and the rear bumpers". I know nobody here cares much about the Montero, but I am seriously considering one, so I ask around.
Old 23rd September 2010, 22:45   #20
BHPian

Here's the link:
New Mitsubishi Montero launched | Autocar India
Old 18th November 2010, 20:28   #21
Senior - BHPian

the new brochure has been uploaded.

http://www.mitsubishi-motors.co.in/i...df/Montero.pdf
Old 13th June 2011, 02:11   #22
BHPian

Re: Mitsubishi Montero BS 4 with 198 hp to launch soon!

The montero is one of my favorite SUV (you would have guessed that already by my display picture!). It can match the best in business when it comes to serious offroading but costs much less than them. and with this engine upgrade and price correction it has become a really attractive option at this price band. Would pick it up in a blink of an eye if I was looking to buy a car in that segment.

But its really sad that its hardly seen and 80 % people don't even know that such an car exist! Only if mitsubishi brings it down to 30 lakhs... It would get some attention.

I really wish if we can have an expert review of this "new" upgraded montero here on team-bhp. Maybe even a comparo with prado! It would be an amazing read! I always read all the reviews or articles I can find on montero! Its been my personal favorite since years now!

So GTO... Please can we have a detailed review of this highly underated beast??

Last edited by magikrider : 13th June 2011 at 02:13.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks