Team-BHP - India bound 2011/12 Honda Civic ? EDIT : Clean pictures on pg. 19
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   India bound 2011/12 Honda Civic ? EDIT : Clean pictures on pg. 19 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/88175-india-bound-2011-12-honda-civic-edit-clean-pictures-pg-19-a-24.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Parm (Post 2429144)
here is whats coming soon.....

the full monty...(pics courtesy IAB)

Sid as always..
Tight rear end. The car as it has been said a million times before is way to similar to the current Civic.
Plonk in a Diesel and this is a top seller. Keep attempting to sell a petrol and you will waste an opportunity honda.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sidindica (Post 2429163)
the full monty...(pics courtesy IAB)

Thats honda showroom in Dubai, Shk Zayed Road.

the photos i took are of the cars, fresh off the ship from USA.

all honda accord and civics are now coming from usa instead of japan, because of the tsunami problems.

i must say the accord from usa is better equiped compared to the jdm accord.

we in india would be getting the USDM civic, same as in dubai.

From the pics it looks like they have ditched the "organ type" accelerator pedal found in the current gen civic.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Parm (Post 2429837)
Thats honda showroom in Dubai, Shk Zayed Road.

the photos i took are of the cars, fresh off the ship from USA.

all honda accord and civics are now coming from usa instead of japan, because of the tsunami problems.

i must say the accord from usa is better equiped compared to the jdm accord.

we in india would be getting the USDM civic, same as in dubai.

Even though these Civics have been delivered from the USA, they are slightly different from the USDM ones. The Rear end treatment is lightly different with the extended lights.

Sid that's superb, the new Civic looks grown up and mature compared to the earlier one. Also seems to have better ground clearance. The look is one that can remain fresh longer. The previous civic was/is a great looker but after a period of time the novelty did wear off and the Corollas gained hansomely with a more conservative design that did not initial strike us.

On the other hand Honda seems to have gone for a more reserved look with this wedge kind of sporty design. Loved it. - The afterburners though were cool..

If that is the India bound Civic, I must say I am disappointed. The current Civic after the minor facelift looks a million bucks better.

The pictures above suggest a very conservative front design. The rear looks like a City+Accord combination - the tail lights of a City and body design somewhat Accord-ish.

The tachometer looks really bad IMO. Any idea about the engine specs of the Indian Civic?

Hope at least vtec technology is used in this model for acceleration rather than fuel savings
looks are pretty much ok, can't better the previous gen which was just brilliant

‪2012 Civic Review‬‏ - YouTube

Honda Civic 2012 reviewed by Autoguide.

Some key points from the review...

To my eyes, the new Civic back looks greatly inspired by the Merc C300, which is not a bad thing! I have done a side by side comparison between the C300 and New Civic US version (which is our version minus the tail lamp extensions).

Having seen it in person, I have to agree that it is a step backwards from the current civic - both the backside and the dash. The legroom at the back is definitely more than the existing civic. That said, overall it is still a great package. Most of us knew that it is next to impossible to outdo the existing Civic.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SunilM (Post 2431813)
To my eyes, the new Civic back looks greatly inspired by the Merc C300, which is not a bad thing!

Thats exactly what struck me when I saw the first pic on this page.

But on a general note, I think current Civic is the best looking car made in India. I would really like to know from Honda designers, what exactly was on their minds when they 'designed' this new civic. I still fail to understand why would anyone replace the swooping lines and the beautiful curve with straight boring boxes.

The new Civic scores too low in Consumer Reports (USA) to be recommended by the magazine. But, redesigned Hyundai Elantra & Ford Focus have only got better over the outgoing versions. Here is the report:

Consumer Reports Says Redesigned Honda Civic Scores Too Low to Be Recommended - MSN Autos

The drivetrain, transmission & rear seat room are the only good points, whereas suffers from poor plastics, unsettled ride, long stopping distances & road noise on the higher side. It seems that Honda is determined to spiral downwards in terms of sale everywhere :Frustrati & the Civic is destined to fail in its bread & butter market.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CARDEEP (Post 2452821)
The new Civic scores too low in Consumer Reports (USA) to be recommended by the magazine. But, redesigned Hyundai Elantra & Ford Focus have only got better over the outgoing versions. Here is the report:

Consumer Reports Says Redesigned Honda Civic Scores Too Low to Be Recommended - MSN Autos

The drivetrain, transmission & rear seat room are the only good points, whereas suffers from poor plastics, unsettled ride, long stopping distances & road noise on the higher side. It seems that Honda is determined to spiral downwards in terms of sale everywhere :Frustrati & the Civic is destined to fail in its bread & butter market.

You beat me to this report ;)

Ya but seriously whoever is thinking of getting a new civic, maybe better off with the current one.

Consumer reports is an awesome review website and most Americans religiously base their buying as per recommendations from this website

Cheers

Studio shots of the Malaysian next-Gen Civic, thanks to paultan.org -

India bound 2011/12 Honda Civic ? EDIT : Clean pictures on pg. 19-2012civic1.jpg

India bound 2011/12 Honda Civic ? EDIT : Clean pictures on pg. 19-2012civic2.jpg

India bound 2011/12 Honda Civic ? EDIT : Clean pictures on pg. 19-2012civic3.jpg

This is what we will be getting next year. Now that Honda has announced that it will not be bringing the next-Gen Civic and CR-V to the January 2012 Auto Expo, it is safe to assume that the launch of the 2012 Civic in India will be delayed, to most probably third quarter or even fourth quarter of 2012.

Interior images from Honda's Saudi Arabian website (pics courtesy paultan.org) -

India bound 2011/12 Honda Civic ? EDIT : Clean pictures on pg. 19-dash.jpg

India bound 2011/12 Honda Civic ? EDIT : Clean pictures on pg. 19-controls.jpg

India bound 2011/12 Honda Civic ? EDIT : Clean pictures on pg. 19-civic7.jpg

India bound 2011/12 Honda Civic ? EDIT : Clean pictures on pg. 19-rearseats.jpg

India bound 2011/12 Honda Civic ? EDIT : Clean pictures on pg. 19-civic6.jpg

India bound 2011/12 Honda Civic ? EDIT : Clean pictures on pg. 19-untitled1.jpg

India bound 2011/12 Honda Civic ? EDIT : Clean pictures on pg. 19-engine.jpg

India bound 2011/12 Honda Civic ? EDIT : Clean pictures on pg. 19-3.jpg

India bound 2011/12 Honda Civic ? EDIT : Clean pictures on pg. 19-2.jpg

India bound 2011/12 Honda Civic ? EDIT : Clean pictures on pg. 19-civic9.jpg

In addition, the brochure can be seen here - http://www.scribd.com/doc/62005111/Civic