Team-BHP - India bound 2011/12 Honda Civic ? EDIT : Clean pictures on pg. 19
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   India bound 2011/12 Honda Civic ? EDIT : Clean pictures on pg. 19 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/88175-india-bound-2011-12-honda-civic-edit-clean-pictures-pg-19-a-25.html)

What if Honda was to plonk in the 2.2 Ltr Diesel that they already have developed in this car? Would it turn out to be too expensive?? I know they have spoken about the engine for the next gen Accord and CRV.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nik_kapur (Post 2469592)
What if Honda was to plonk in the 2.2 Ltr Diesel that they already have developed in this car? Would it turn out to be too expensive?? I know they have spoken about the engine for the next gen Accord and CRV.

The 2.2 diesel would be better suited to a segment above. Doesn't Honda have anything cost-effective in the sub-2ltr range?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao (Post 2469656)
The 2.2 diesel would be better suited to a segment above. Doesn't Honda have anything cost-effective in the sub-2ltr range?

They are currently developing a 1.5 ltr i-DTEC for developing countries, which means that the City and the Brio could be the first Indian Honda cars to get this diesel engine, most probably in early 2013.

Is it me or has honda done away with f1 paddle shifter on automatic?

Secondly the three color; beige, black, grey dash looks weird. However, I am pleased with layout, fighter jet like, driver focused.

I am really confused whether to wait for new civic to be launched or go ahead and buy the current one (V AT). I dont have an urgent need to buy one but I dont want to be in a situation where I dont like the Future model and can not buy the old one as its not available.

I know I can look at used car market but I am particular about few parameters which are constraining me to find a suitable one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajanvash (Post 2471137)
I am really confused whether to wait for new civic to be launched or go ahead and buy the current one (V AT). I dont have an urgent need to buy one but I dont want to be in a situation where I dont like the Future model and can not buy the old one as its not available.

I know I can look at used car market but I am particular about few parameters which are constraining me to find a suitable one.

The new Civic will be a bigger brother of the City and have a few funky features, not to mention an evolved dash. In terms of performance, the new car maybe marginally better. If you love ANHC, then you wont be disappointed by the 9th gen Civic.

Indians are gonna miss the current gen Civic just like they still miss the Maruti Zen!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sn1p3r (Post 2469677)
Is it me or has honda done away with f1 paddle shifter on automatic?

Secondly the three color; beige, black, grey dash looks weird. However, I am pleased with layout, fighter jet like, driver focused.

Honda has two versions of Automatic. One with Paddle shift and another without. If you see D2 in the Gearshift, that is the one without Paddle shift. The one with the Paddle has S instead.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nareshtrao

Honda has two versions of Automatic. One with Paddle shift and another without. If you see D2 in the Gearshift, that is the one without Paddle shift. The one with the Paddle has S instead.

Thank you! I did nor know this fact.

Diesel lovers can enjoy the 9th gen civic with a 2 ltr high performance diesel engine by end of 2012!

honda is testing a 2.2 ltr diesel engine, might be detuned to 2 ltr for indian market. its a 2.2 ltr I-DECT 4 cylinder, around 150 bhp with atleast 350 Nm of torque. its cleaner too, eco friendly with low emissions of 110g/km and will have start-stop technology.

expect the car to be revealed at Frankfurt motor show.

the same 2/2.2 will be fitted in to CRV and Accord.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Parm (Post 2480471)
Diesel lovers can enjoy the 9th gen civic with a 2 ltr high performance diesel engine by end of 2012!

honda is testing a 2.2 ltr diesel engine, might be detuned to 2 ltr for indian market. its a 2.2 ltr I-DECT 4 cylinder, around 150 bhp with atleast 350 Nm of torque. its cleaner too, eco friendly with low emissions of 110g/km and will have start-stop technology.

WOW ! 2012 is a good time slot I guess. I hope they bring the next gen CRV with a diesel plant itself. I guess the CRV / Accord might get the 150 PS versions and City will get around 100 bhp ? I hope they give us some 120 bhp. Wish list.

And please, make the CRV a CKD than a CBU and price it on par with Fortuner or slightly lower & see those sales charts on fire !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Parm (Post 2480471)

I asked the same question this thread earlier although i had my doubts on whether the 2.2 Engine could be used on the Civic. If what you say is true, this is the car to wait for !! Please do let us know your source of info...

Quote:

Originally Posted by swiftnfurious (Post 2480532)
WOW ! 2012 is a good time slot I guess. I hope they bring the next gen CRV with a diesel plant itself. I guess the CRV / Accord might get the 150 PS versions and City will get around 100 bhp ? I hope they give us some 120 bhp. Wish list.

And please, make the CRV a CKD than a CBU and price it on par with Fortuner or slightly lower & see those sales charts on fire !

Agree with you on the CRV part.As we have seen Honda's priced sensibly(read Jazz) have a lot of takers.

These diesels are i-CTDi engines?How do Honda diesels match upto their petrol counterparts considering hallmarks of Honda engines are smoothness,refinement and performance oriented?

Quote:

Originally Posted by nik_kapur (Post 2480621)
I asked the same question this thread earlier although i had my doubts on whether the 2.2 Engine could be used on the Civic. If what you say is true, this is the car to wait for !! Please do let us know your source of info...

I read about this a few days back, and posted the information on a different thread. Quoting the post here for reference. The news bit was from AutoCar UK.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vb-san (Post 2467090)
Here is some information on the Honda diesel. According to this piece of information in Autocar UK, the updated 2.2 diesel is going to have a UK debut in the new euro Civic. Will India also get this next year? :)

Honda's new 2.2 diesel: 110g/km - Autocar.co.uk

Quote:

Originally Posted by vb-san (Post 2480999)
I read about this a few days back, and posted the information on a different thread. Quoting the post here for reference. The news bit was from AutoCar UK.

Funny thing is that they speak about some old diesel motor in the Civic?? I was under the impression that Honda never had diesel mills before..