Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2005, 23:25   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

The Endeavour is one of the best looking SUV's in the country. With the fortuner coming out way it does face some serious competition. I guess putting a quicker engine and adding a lil bit of the luxury element to the interiors could go a long way for the Endeavour. I planned to upgrade from my Endeavour to the fortuner when it launches but if Ford brings in an engine with no Turbo-lag unlike the current endeavour, i just might consider the new version instead.
Old 7th December 2005, 03:24   #17
Senior - BHPian

dont expect the endeavour diesel to come in anytime soon in INdia.

reason?????

If Ford has some sane marketing people they will wait for the market response to its fiesta crdi for atlest 6 months. and then another 4-6 months to bring the car to India. SO wait time is atleast a year more.
Old 7th December 2005, 05:58   #18
Senior - BHPian

Well, remember that the current TCIC engine is from MAZDA. If at all the TDCi motor comes, its gonna make a significant price increase by around 2 lakhs.

And, Ford guys are definitely smart enough to launch the TDCi Endeavour atleast a month before Toyota launches the fortuner 3.0 CRDi
Old 7th December 2005, 13:13   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil
The Endeavour is one of the best looking SUV's in the country. With the fortuner coming out way it does face some serious competition.
The Fortuner is no competition as far as looks go. The Endeavour will continue to be the best looking SUV, because I found the Fortuner quite ugly and ungainly...rather like an Innova on stilts.

As a vehicle however, the Fortuner can be expected to be miles ahead.
Old 7th December 2005, 13:28   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous
Well, remember that the current TCIC engine is from MAZDA. If at all the TDCi motor comes, its gonna make a significant price increase by around 2 lakhs.

And, Ford guys are definitely smart enough to launch the TDCi Endeavour atleast a month before Toyota launches the fortuner 3.0 CRDi
You have a point there about the pre-Fortuner launch, makes sense.

Veyron1, I'm not so sure about the mid 06 launch simply because they have confirmed that they have MAJOR capacity constraints due to the fact that the Innova is selling so well so they have no space for the Fortuner!

Well, I'm keeping my fingers crossed, I think they already know they have a winner in the Diesel Fiesta so its just a matter of time before we get the TDCI and, it could be from the Transit van since I haven't seen too many 2 litre plus choices from the Ford-Peugeot combine thats churning these out.
Old 7th December 2005, 13:31   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil
The Endeavour is one of the best looking SUV's in the country. With the fortuner coming out way it does face some serious competition. I guess putting a quicker engine and adding a lil bit of the luxury element to the interiors could go a long way for the Endeavour. I planned to upgrade from my Endeavour to the fortuner when it launches but if Ford brings in an engine with no Turbo-lag unlike the current endeavour, i just might consider the new version instead.

So how long have you been an Endeavour owner - summarize the Minuses & pluses for me if you can? Have you done a lot of long distance hauls and did the rear seat occupants yell blue murder at you??!!
Old 10th January 2006, 16:58   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman

So how long have you been an Endeavour owner - summarize the Minuses & pluses for me if you can? Have you done a lot of long distance hauls and did the rear seat occupants yell blue murder at you??!!
Sahil, haven't heard from you? Soem owner experiences with the Endeavour?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks