Team-BHP - Official sketch of Nissan's India-bound C segment sedan
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Official sketch of Nissan's India-bound C segment sedan (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/90397-official-sketch-nissans-india-bound-c-segment-sedan.html)

Highpoints:

- The first official sketch of Nissan's new sedan. To be launched first in China, this model will be launched in India in the second half of 2011. It will be manufactured at the company's plant near Chennai.

- Production version will be unveiled in December 2010.

- Note: The New Global Sedan is not a Micra sedan.

Related threads:

- Scoop Pic : Nissan V platform sedan

- Nissan to bring in 9 models by 2012

Official sketch of Nissan's India-bound C segment sedan-nissan.jpg

if the final car stays true to the rendering, all I can say is AWESOME....nice muscar and crisp design, if mated to a good engine package will surely ruffle a few feathers in teh marketplace.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 2103013)
Highpoints:

- The first official sketch of Nissan's new sedan. To be launched first in China, this model will be launched in India in the second half of 2011. It will be manufactured at the company's plant near Chennai.

- Production version will be unveiled in December 2010.

- Note: The New Global Sedan is not a Micra sedan.

The sketch seems much better than the Dzire, with what we will be comparing this car when launched. Hope hey don't make of mess of the same in case of the road worthy model.

BTW, it will be christened "Sunny", which was quite popular in its days, with production spanning over 4 decades.

The sketch looks fab. I hope they compliment it with a punchy motor and not the 1.2L 3-cylinder engine of the Micra

looks like a stretch version of qashqai! looks good!

Wow, Love at first sight . :thumbs up
Any sketch of back profile ?

The front grill and the roof line remind me of the pre 2006 Altima and I think the final product is going to be very similar to that.

The front reminds me of the Kizashi,nice design.I hope they stick true to their sketches.
Quite a low slung roofline,i wonder if they are trying to get the Sedan-coupe theme in this segment too.

This looks much like the 2010 Altima.

If it is not based on Micra's platform and if it actually looks as good as the sketch shows, I suspect this car to be placed above the Dzire in atleast SX4 territory.

Is the Indian plant a global hub for this car too?

If so, this one might replace the existing Sunny which is sold across mideast in huge numbers and is over 10 yrs old by the way.

The sketch hides the hideous design i believe. Theres another thread where i saw a spy pic of the car and it does look like the Dzires Cousin Brother. It is extremely hard to add boots to designs like the Micra and Swift and i dont blame the designers for the boot integration.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nik_kapur (Post 2103498)
The sketch hides the hideous design i believe. Theres another thread where i saw a spy pic of the car and it does look like the Dzires Cousin Brother. It is extremely hard to add boots to designs like the Micra and Swift and i dont blame the designers for the boot integration.

Read GTO's comments carefully.

This is not a Micra sedan but an all new sedan.

I like the looks, and i seriously hope that it dosnt look quirky in flesh

First & only thing that comes to mind on seeing the sketch : Kizashi.