Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2011, 16:15   #16

Hyundai Santro - Service book misplaced

Hi Folks

I have misplaced my service book and after all my efforts I am not able to locate it. The bad part is that the service records for the previous 2 free services are also lost.
The service records I can try to get from the service centers.
But now the question that is coming to my mind is what next? Will I be getting the next free service(3rd one)?
Trying to call the Orion Hyundai dealership since morning but no one is picking the phone.

Please advise how I should proceed from here.
Old 18th May 2011, 17:43   #17
Team-BHP Support

Re: Service book misplaced

They will honour the 3rd free service.

About your service record, it will be available in their database so they will know your cars history (provided you've been to your dealer for the 1st 2 free services).

So, don't worry about not getting the free servicing done. About the Service booklet, I'm not sure if they will issue another one, or will charge for a new one.

Call Hyundai Customer Care and find out the 3rd free service schedule for your car. Take an appointment accordingly and have a word with them about it. Do tell them about you not having the booklet before hand, they are fussy for the Free Service Coupon.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2011, 18:13   #18
BHPian

I dont see a reason for them to not give you the 3rd free service. But you'll need to fight it out with them since they gave me a little hard time when I couldnt find the booklet for the first service of my i10. I found it just in time before they asked me to pay for the service.

What I'd suggest is you call them and report the missing service book issue and get an acknowledgement. You can then talk to the service people about the issue and let them know that you already have a complaint booked about the missing booklet and they can verify that you havent availed of the free service as yet.

I have a similar kind of issue with my Safari, but with Tata its always about how well they know you to make exceptions. Having "friendly" relations with the SA helps in these matters, he's even put a request for a free replacment of the book from the company. I dont really need the book though.
amolpol is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2011, 19:23   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
They will honour the 3rd free service.

About your service record, it will be available in their database so they will know your cars history (provided you've been to your dealer for the 1st 2 free services).

So, don't worry about not getting the free servicing done. About the Service booklet, I'm not sure if they will issue another one, or will charge for a new one.

Call Hyundai Customer Care and find out the 3rd free service schedule for your car. Take an appointment accordingly and have a word with them about it. Do tell them about you not having the booklet before hand, they are fussy for the Free Service Coupon.
Yes, all the records should be available in the service dealer. But it is important to inform them now, so that they are aware that you haven't done the 3rd service elsewhere (they should remember it now as you have recently finished your 2nd service). Also try to get an acknowledgement / coupon for the 3rd free service. You never know; at a later date they might have new managers / people who don't recognize you.
pamiboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2011, 19:35   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

You should be able to get another service book. But since you misplaced your book, they may ask you to pay for the new book.

The dealer & manufacturer both will have your service records, so the service records will not be a problem. You should also have the bills from your previous servicing as proof.

Just remember to ask for a new service book well in advance so that the book is delivered in time before your service is due, and you have the coupon in hand (so you can claim the free labor).
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2011, 19:45   #21

Thanks to all of you guys.
Will be going to the dealer this weekend. Will update the forum regarding the outcome.
Old 24th May 2011, 23:11   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raman. View Post
Thanks to all of you guys.
Will be going to the dealer this weekend. Will update the forum regarding the outcome.

hey, did you get a replacement book?
Old 25th May 2011, 09:01   #23

Re: Lost my service coupons / booklet - what should I do for service?

Went to dealership this weekend.
They asked me to submit an application requesting a new service book, which I gave to them. They will now send a new service book by courier in 3-4 days. For service records I need to go to the workshop.
Old 25th May 2011, 09:55   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Went to dealership this weekend.
They asked me to submit an application requesting a new service book, which I gave to them. They will now send a new service book by courier in 3-4 days. For service records I need to go to the workshop.

did they charge you anything?

last night I looked for my service book (had to do something with the car audio) and found it missing ! I remember putting it in the glovebox, but it is not there. I must have taken it out and misplaced it. I searched my house, it is not there and will search at work today.

My car is barely 3 weeks old ! I never lost a key in last 15 years (at least) but misplaced the service book within days of getting the car
Old 25th May 2011, 12:21   #25

@vina, I wasn't told about any charge.
No need to worry about this.

I was also very much worried initially. But its not a very big issue for the dealerships. They may provide you a new service book immediately.
In my case, they didn't had a service book for i20 with them as that moment (I had reached dealership at 10 o clock in morning). The one that was with them was already alloted to someone else.

You just need to go to dealership and give a written application for a new servicebook.
raman. is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2011, 13:02   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@vina, I wasn't told about any charge.
No need to worry about this.

I was also very much worried initially. But its not a very big issue for the dealerships. They may provide you a new service book immediately.
In my case, they didn't had a service book for i20 with them as that moment (I had reached dealership at 10 o clock in morning). The one that was with them was already alloted to someone else.

You just need to go to dealership and give a written application for a new servicebook.

Thanks Raman

I'll look at the most likely places today (office, parking ...), and I still can't find it then I'll ask the dealership what to do.

Will keep everyone posted.
Old 25th May 2011, 16:24   #27
Senior - BHPian

Guys

fortunately I found my service book today - asked around at work and found that some people I gave a ride in my car last week found it on the floor of the car and put it in the magazine pocket. I hadn't checked there - found it right there.

thanks to everyone - I'm going to check with the dealership tomorrow what happens if I really lose it.
Old 14th June 2011, 15:24   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vina View Post
Guys

fortunately I found my service book today - asked around at work and found that some people I gave a ride in my car last week found it on the floor of the car and put it in the magazine pocket. I hadn't checked there - found it right there.

thanks to everyone - I'm going to check with the dealership tomorrow what happens if I really lose it.

I checked with the dealership last week - I asked them what happens in case I lose my service book.

they categorically told me "don't lose it no matter what" In fact they advised me to keep it at home (not possible - I may need it the manual to understand some stuff from time to time). They said they'll be unable to replace the book or the coupons in case I lose it.

Is this correct advice from them? Is this consistent with Ford motors policy?
Old 14th June 2011, 15:35   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by vina View Post
I checked with the dealership last week - I asked them what happens in case I lose my service book.

they categorically told me "don't lose it no matter what" In fact they advised me to keep it at home (not possible - I may need it the manual to understand some stuff from time to time). They said they'll be unable to replace the book or the coupons in case I lose it.

Is this correct advice from them? Is this consistent with Ford motors policy?
I don't think this should be the case. In case of Hyundai, I have got a new service book (couriered to my address) with the voucher for the 3rd free service that was pending. The dealership had removed the 2 service coupons for the services that I had already availed. The dealership didn't make any fuss about the service book being misplaced.
Good Job Hyundai!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks