Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2011, 15:50   #46
BHPian

Re: Now, Tata Nano with 4 year warranty as standard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreedotk View Post
Asking for a refund for a product is always a little difficult. It might be easier to ask them if they would convert it into the no hassle service plan that they have advertised for 99 Rs per month. It would run you for 2 yrs atleast

Just my 2 Cents. I am in no manner saying that you should not ask for the money back or not expect it back.
Thank you! I thought of it too, but i have already received an offer from TATA in august offering free on-road maintenance for 2 years and 2years/2 services (the ones with oil changes) free, including labour, oils and other consumables. Or is the Rs,99/month plan different in any way? Their toll-free number do not seem to know about this properly. Need to check with the dealership again. Will share the details once i get it. Thanks again.
Cheers!
Old 17th February 2011, 22:40   #47
BHPian

Update:

Its been 3 days and I have not received a single reply from TATA after mailing them at:customercare@tatamotors.com. I called their toll free number again now and guess what? The chap who took the phone tells me that TATA does not offer 4 years standard warranty, instead you need to pay Rs.4xxx for it!
I guess he did not understand the meaning of STANDARD WARRANTY and MAINTENANCE CONTRACT, for which the customer actually has to pay extra. I told him again that I am not talking about the maintenance contract but about the standard warranty and he is saying there is no standard warranty of 4 years!! I could not believe that even those people are unaware of it!! Anyways I explained him the whole thing that happened a couple of months back and TATA introducing the 4 year standard warranty and that its applicable to all Nano customers!

I lodged a complaint and lets see whether i get a reply or not! Anyways I never expected this!!!!!!!!!!Phew!
Old 18th February 2011, 12:54   #48
Senior - BHPian

FreakMuzik,

What is the person on the other side who demanded Rs4000~ is right??

Is the 4 year option a extended warranty or a optional package? My Tass is clueless and I have run from service advisor -> Works manager -> AGM yesterday. Everyone is saying 'shall check'... It is frustrating.

Can any other nano owner clarify the 4 year package please?
Old 18th February 2011, 13:56   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
FreakMuzik,

Is the 4 year option a extended warranty or a optional package? Can any other nano owner clarify the 4 year package please?
Few days before i had test-driven nano. The guy who was explaining about nano said 4 year warranty which cost Rs 4000 is optional.
Old 26th February 2011, 13:34   #50
BHPian

Quote:
FreakMuzik,

What is the person on the other side who demanded Rs4000~ is right??

Is the 4 year option a extended warranty or a optional package? My Tass is clueless and I have run from service advisor -> Works manager -> AGM yesterday. Everyone is saying 'shall check'... It is frustrating.

Can any other nano owner clarify the 4 year package please?
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadman View Post
Few days before i had test-driven nano. The guy who was explaining about nano said 4 year warranty which cost Rs 4000 is optional.
The 4 years warranty is not optional, atleast according to their website. Check the link please. It says "at no extra cost"!
The Nano Happiness Guarantee

Btw, I received a reply regarding the complaint that i had lodged. They sent me an attachment of the Terms and Conditions of the Warranty:

Now, Tata Nano with 4 year warranty as standard!-nano-warr.png

From the attachment, what i can understand is that the 4 years warranty is applicable only to those customers who had earlier opted for an extended warranty and not to the customer who had not opted for the extended warranty. So people who didnt opt for extended warranty, your warranty is still 18 months!!!!!!

The People at the TATA dealership or at their call center, or atleast most of them, do not know a single thing of what's happening around. I think the training should be blamed. None of them have a proper idea about the offers or even about the standard warranty of the cars available with TATA!! Ridiculous!
Old 26th February 2011, 13:49   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakmuzik View Post
From the attachment, what i can understand is that the 4 years warranty is applicable only to those customers who had earlier opted for an extended warranty and not to the customer who had not opted for the extended warranty. So people who didnt opt for extended warranty, your warranty is still 18 months
nope, it doesnt say that... says IF you purchased extended before this offer - you wont get any refund and you shall be automatically eligible for the 4 year cover.

PS - thx a lot for this post, with my GB down and in pieces - this saves me a lot of headache...
Old 26th February 2011, 14:02   #52
BHPian

Quote:
nope, it doesnt say that... says IF you purchased extended before this offer - you wont get any refund and you shall be automatically eligible for the 4 year cover.

PS - thx a lot for this post, with my GB down and in pieces - this saves me a lot of headache...
Oh so is it like those who did not opt for the extended warranty earlier should pay extra, as some one said like Rs.4xxx and acquire it? And sorry, what's 'GB'? And what do you feel about this offer? Do you think they should have actually givena refund?
Old 27th February 2011, 01:12   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakmuzik View Post
4 years warranty is applicable only to those customers who had earlier opted for an extended warranty and not to the customer who had not opted for the extended warranty. So people who didnt opt for extended warranty, your warranty is still 18 months!
I guess this clears it all up, The nano owners who opted for the 4 year extended warranty will have it honored and any one who buys a new nano will get the 4 year warranty standard. It is clear in this case that no refunds will be issued. I guess this was a promotion done to boost sales.

Needless to say the guys who purchased the car before this offer and did not opt for the 4 year warranty will have the old 18 month warranty.
Old 2nd May 2011, 09:18   #54
Senior - BHPian

Tata Motors, TVS, Yamaha report growth in sales - The Economic Times

Quote:
Auto major Tata Motors reported a 13% jump in total sales in April to 64,383 units from 57,199 units in the same month last year, riding on good numbers from small car Nano , which crossed the 10,000-mark for the first time.
Good work from Tata. The warranty, 100% loan etc, have paid them well. Great going Tata.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks