Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2010, 09:35   #16
BHPian

Re: Maruti plans to launch / update seven models in 2011-12?

Quote:
Originally Posted by San Phrangmung View Post
Bad news for Mahindra if its for real.
Highly unlikely looking at the portfolio of M&M. A revamped Gypsy will be welcomed by all, but don't believe it could bring a big difference to the sales of M&M.

Will love to see the launch of the current generation Jimny (Doubt, as Maruti always bring in models a couple of generations old!)
Old 30th December 2010, 21:30   #17
Senior - BHPian

A Gypsy with all wheel independant suspension & a diesel engine is what "the doctor ordered" !!

If that is what is rolling out ! There is going to be a hurricane in the market IMHO

Cheers
Old 31st December 2010, 01:20   #18
BHPian

every D&H is doing a diesel conversion, why can'nt MUL on the Gypsy ? Jimny two door is too small for normal usage. an extended one with 4 doors & diesel will be nice
Old 31st December 2010, 09:44   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgev View Post
every D&H is doing a diesel conversion, why can'nt MUL on the Gypsy ? Jimny two door is too small for normal usage. an extended one with 4 doors & diesel will be nice
Suzuki Jimny is also put as an KEI Class 4X4 in Japan (a car that is less than 3.4m in length, 1.4m in width & 1.48m in height having a 660cc 4-stroke engine with max power of 63 hp)

Of course it has a 1.3 / 1.4 / 1.5L petrol & a 1.4L turbo charged diesel options as well.

The overall dimensions are smaller due to the Kei class requirements. But it has got such huge accessories / mods / upgrades list compared to some of the other competitor vehicles.

The Gypsy is the 2nd generation model of Jimny Series SJ40/410.

IMO the Jimny would do well in its current avatar itself.
Old 31st December 2010, 09:52   #20
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
In the US the Kizashi competes with the likes of Civic, Altima,Corolla, Jetta etc. the Accord, Camry are a different class/segment.
It will be the same in India. There's no way it can compete with the Accord & Camry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerHead View Post
That would make it even more ugly and will beat Ritz's rear in terms of ugliness!!

For the sake of getting some idea how that will look like.
Swift: Overall Length (mm) 3760

DZire: Overall Length (mm) 4160
Current Boot: 400mm
New Boot: 240mm

Indica V2: Overall Length (mm) 3690
Indigo CS: Overall Length (mm) 3988
Boot: 298mm

IMO, Indigo CS look just Ok or slightly less then Ok with that boot size, imagine how Swift DZire will look like

I don't think new DZire will be sub 4mtrs. I wish its not!
Maruti will be better off making a Ritz Dzire if they want it sub 4m.
Old 31st December 2010, 13:25   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
So are you referring to the Fiesta 1.6S Aquarius Blue? It will be the best deal to get hold of the CBUs. I am sure the quality will be really good since its going to be imported.
Ummm you interested?

The Blue Streak is actually my Cedia sports that you can see in my avatar as also in my garage and despite the big grin above it is a serious question on my part

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live To Jive View Post
It will be the same in India. There's no way it can compete with the Accord & Camry.
Finally, some one who sees the Kizashi with the same eyes as myself.
Old 2nd January 2011, 00:49   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Ummm you interested?

The Blue Streak is actually my Cedia sports that you can see in my avatar as also in my garage and despite the big grin above it is a serious question on my part
Thanks Khoj ! I have 3 more years before I finish paying the EMIs of my swift ! So till then I would dream of flying cars and feeling jealous of the petrol heads who own a proper drivers car ! And pray to God, that I get a nice job which can take care of my aspirations and petrol charges by then !

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 2nd January 2011 at 00:55.
Old 2nd January 2011, 02:58   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

I guess, Kizashi and Jimny are the 2 most awaited launches this year for Maruti.

If they are able to price it right, the likes of vento, city, even cruze, will feel the heat, provided they don't downsize the engine.

Last edited by Dry Ice : 2nd January 2011 at 03:07.
Old 4th November 2011, 14:18   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki Plans 20 Models By 2016

"Some of the products are already in an advanced stage of development. Although Maruti Suzuki has not disclosed which vehicles it plans to launch, we can count a few right away. The next generation Swift DZire (expected to be less than 4-meters in lenght), Ertiga (production version of the RIII), Ritz Facelift, A-Star Facelift, Alto Facelift, next generation 800 and SX4 Facelift are some which are definitely on the pipelines. "

Maruti Suzuki Plans 20 Models By 2016 | MotorBeam - Indian Car Bike News & Reviews
Old 8th January 2019, 13:18   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki to drive-in 2 NEW products in the next fiscal year FY20 ( 2019-2020). One from Nexa and other from the Arena channel.

- One product to arrive in the fourth quarter of 2018-19. (Future-S ?)

Maruti is also in the process of upgrading its current portfolio to have safety features like airbags, seat belt reminder and reverse parking sensors by June to comply with new safety norms.

The two products are likely to the Future -S (ZEN ?) from the Arena outlets and the other the Ertiga Sport from Nexa.

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 8th January 2019 at 13:21.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks