Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2011, 16:23   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Increasing CS (sub-4 meter) sedans in India

Dzire CS = They will touch the boot only if there's no other way out else they'll try to manage with shaved off bumpers to get under the 4m mark. No way they are going to touch the cabin. Why do I get this feeling that the current Dzire /CS is going to be around for a longer period of time and not be replaced along with the Swift in 2011?
Old 7th January 2011, 20:41   #17
Senior - BHPian

Manza CS would not be a sensible launch I guess. They may not be able to reduce the platform, as it would then make it an indigo.

And cutting the boot would make its looks go kaput. Most often, CS results in only the boot reduction, as is very evident from the Indigo CS. If they have to reduce the wheelbase, it would not be practical

Basica funda is to give more space inside, reduce to <4 meters and reduce the boot as long as it is slightly better than a hatch's
Old 7th January 2011, 21:21   #18
BHPian

IMO despite all the criticism, Dzire CS will sell in good volumes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Expect a wafer thin rear bumper & smaller boot. No change whatsoever to the cabin.
A little : The bumper on the existing Dzire is already too thin. Even the surface area is too large and flatish. The bumper lacks stiffness and gets flexed just by a push of the hand. The bumpers on my Esteem feel stronger.

Last edited by benzinblut : 7th January 2011 at 21:24.
Old 7th January 2011, 21:25   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedreamcatcher View Post
Manza CS would not be a sensible launch I guess. They may not be able to reduce the platform, as it would then make it an indigo.

And cutting the boot would make its looks go kaput. Most often, CS results in only the boot reduction, as is very evident from the Indigo CS. If they have to reduce the wheelbase, it would not be practical

^^ I guess Manza CS will be Vista + a small boot, it will work out easier for Tata. Just like current Indigo CS.
Old 7th January 2011, 22:46   #20
BHPian

Already there are lots of bad reviews on Dzire boot (read-disintegrated rear), now Maruti wants to cut it short and make it uglier??

BTW, what is the guratee that Maruti will pass this exceise benifts to customers?? In the past Maruti came out with K-series engine (1.2 Lt) in Swift however they failed to reduce the price of it; will it be a similar attempt??
Old 7th January 2011, 23:20   #21

Infractions: 0/2 (11)

Ugly or not, the carmakers sell them cos people buy them. Gawdy looks haven't prevented the dezire from being a runaway success or for that matter the Etios as well. If we Indians were so concerned about looks Fiat wouldn't have struggled selling cars, albeit their A$S experience never helps.
Old 7th January 2011, 23:28   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
^^ I guess Manza CS will be Vista + a small boot, it will work out easier for Tata. Just like current Indigo CS.
The Indigo CS is a reduced Indigo and not an Indica with a boot since the suspension, track etc are different between the 2 cars unlike the Manza and Vista where both have a torsion bar at the rear.

Vista notchback like an Octavia would be very interesting. The best I would like is to make a Jazz sized car with the Vista, they have 20 cms to play with.
Old 7th January 2011, 23:56   #23
Senior - BHPian

I think Anshuman meant it figuratively

What I am quite keen on looking at though is the mini Xylo and the Scorpio. I have no idea what will be the outcome of something like this

Will the mini xylo, be a contender to the Eeco class
Old 8th January 2011, 01:51   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by camchennai View Post
BTW, what is the guratee that Maruti will pass this exceise benifts to customers?? In the past Maruti came out with K-series engine (1.2 Lt) in Swift however they failed to reduce the price of it; will it be a similar attempt??
Maruti might have been able to get away with not passing the benefits in case of Swift as it had a long waiting period and is a best seller. After Etios (and to a lesser extent, Manza), they can ill afford to do that with Dezire. The main purpose of the CS exercise for Dezire is to take on the Etios and not increase margins, IMO.
Old 8th January 2011, 02:49   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by camchennai
1. Swift's story is that 10 year old G13B engine was cheap while the K12M is a high-compression, knock sensing, thingamajig tech evened out the excise benefit.
2. Shortening the Dzire is gonna cost them and the only reason they would do it is to make the Dzire competitive with better pricing.

There you go
Old 8th January 2011, 15:37   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzinblut View Post
IMO despite all the criticism, Dzire CS will sell in good volumes.

A little : The bumper on the existing Dzire is already too thin. Even the surface area is too large and flatish. The bumper lacks stiffness and gets flexed just by a push of the hand. The bumpers on my Esteem feel stronger.
The bumpers on most new cars (post 2005) are like that. Even my M800's bumper is way better than my Ritz's bumper. Guess its got something to do with the pedestrian safety norms in case of an impact. If you think the Dzire's bumper is too thin, you better have a look at what's on offer for the Figo.
Old 10th January 2011, 10:22   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortbread View Post
Ugly or not, the carmakers sell them cos people buy them. Gawdy looks haven't prevented the dezire from being a runaway success or for that matter the Etios as well. If we Indians were so concerned about looks Fiat wouldn't have struggled selling cars, albeit their A$S experience never helps.
I'm not so sure. The Indigo was Tata's first attempt and the Manza, their second. I believe that a sharply raked rear end like in coupes will be more fitting to these short sedans. Remember the Accent Viva? Or the Porsche 944/924? The Mercedes CLC also looks good with its short boot.

So, I feel that CS need not be possrly styled. It is upto the automaker to make t hem as good as they can be.
Old 10th January 2011, 12:17   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ A sharply raked rear will require major changes to the body and it will eat all the headroom.
Old 1st February 2011, 18:06   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn View Post
The bumpers on most new cars (post 2005) are like that. Even my M800's bumper is way better than my Ritz's bumper. Guess its got something to do with the pedestrian safety norms in case of an impact. If you think the Dzire's bumper is too thin, you better have a look at what's on offer for the Figo.
Thinning does not mean the wall thickness but the amount the bumper sticks out from the body.

Note that Figo's intercooler is highly susceptible to damage due to the shrunk clearance.
Old 2nd February 2011, 16:52   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Thinning does not mean the wall thickness but the amount the bumper sticks out from the body.

Note that Figo's intercooler is highly susceptible to damage due to the shrunk clearance.

Figo does not have an intercooler. You are probably pointing to the radiator?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks