Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2011, 10:12   #1
Senior - BHPian

Ferrari & Maserati entering India through Shreyans group EDIT: NOW OFFICIAL

From autocarindia.com

Ferrari enters India with Shreyans | Autocar India

Quote:
Ferrari is finally entering the Indian market and will officially launch its full range of sports cars in April this year.
Ferrari has tied up with the Shreyans Group as its sole distributor for India with a plan to first set up a showroom in Delhi followed by Mumbai. Ferrari’s decision to partner with Shreyans comes as a surprise especially since Tata Motors was expected to be the retail partner of the legendary car maker, given its alliance with Fiat. However, Ferrari has decided to enter Indian on its own and has chosen Shreyans which deals in high-end luxury goods, to establish its network in India. Shreyans is also the sole distributor for Porsche in India and until recently, an Audi dealer in Mumbai as well.
With the super luxury car market in India booming and the inaugural Indian Grand Prix this year, Ferrari (which is synonymous with F1) couldn’t have timed its entry into India better. Also, models like the 458 Italia and the upcoming four-wheel-drive Ferrari FF are expected to find a significant number of buyers in India and this could see Ferrari record healthy double-digit sales in its first year.
The official entry of Ferrari into India will also come as a boon to existing Ferrari owners who until now have had to make do with unauthorised service support from independent garages.
Old 2nd February 2011, 10:19   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ferrari entering India through Shreyans group

As far as I know they are not exactly the best to deal with for Porsche, but then I guess they willl manage a nice swanky showroom in Mumbai pretty much like the Porsche one?

Hopefully we get official prices soon, and perhaps a better management.

Regards
Old 2nd February 2011, 11:16   #3
Senior - BHPian

Oh God NO, Ferrari could have signed on with TATA instead of Shreyans. None of the people i know or myself have had a good experience with them to make us buy another car from them. Mine was with the Audi and friends with the Porsches. There goes my wish of owning an Indian Billed Ferrari and i am better of Importing one myself. It would reach on time and i would not have to deal with stories.

S350l-e240 i had heard the 458 was priced at 2.2 cr.
Old 2nd February 2011, 11:52   #4
BHPian

Same reaction from my side speedy - Oh my god!

Why shreyans? For the love of god let it be someone else!
Looks like i am gonna have to import a Ferrari on my own when i do buy, but never deal with Shreyans.
Old 2nd February 2011, 13:43   #5
BHPian

S350l-e240 i had heard the 458 was priced at 2.2 cr.

Speedy at 2.2 cr Its quite cheap IMO, as at our dealership the price tag for 458 is 1.25 million Saudi riyal (+ duties/Taxes to import).
Can some one get the Approx figures.
Old 2nd February 2011, 16:51   #6
xPK
BHPian

@speedy @Dante, even I have the same reaction. Why not TATA-FIAT?

Perhaps, they don't want to carry the FIAT's baggage.
Old 2nd February 2011, 19:27   #7
BHPian

@ speedy spoke to the man himself, though he has denied getting it , sources have said that shreyans has got it totally agree the wrong person has got this, forget porsche the kind of attitude he has he should be selling an auto or a moped
Old 2nd February 2011, 20:54   #8
PPS
Senior - BHPian

How does the man manage to bag prestigious brands like Porsche,Ducati and now Ferrari! This could well be another rumour just like SSC Aero and Koenigsegg entering India.
OT: From which importer did GS get his Italia here?
Old 2nd February 2011, 22:02   #9
BHPian

I believe he got it officially from Ferrari and imported it through his own people/source possibly with assistance from Ferrari, hence the badging Car No.1 for India
Old 10th March 2011, 18:25   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
This could well be another rumour just like SSC Aero and Koenigsegg entering India.
I guess it is not a rumour. Same being reported in ET today. Price starts at 2.2 cr.

Link: Ferrari to make India debut, price to start from Rs 2.2 cr - The Economic Times
Old 10th March 2011, 19:41   #11
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ferrari entering India through Shreyans group EDIT: NOW OFFICIAL

I really hope the customers are treated with a lot better care compared to their treatment to the Porsche customers. I have no personal experience but only have heard horrible stories about the dealers.

Overall happy to see the legendary carmaker officially in India, and the prices look fair too, now looking forward to their new showrooms and locations.

Regards,
Old 10th March 2011, 19:52   #12
BHPian

Price details which as announced in the media briefing :

Quote:
The Ferrari range which will be sold in India includes the California, priced at Rs 2.2 crore, the 458 Italia at Rs 2.56 crore and the 599GTB Fiorano, tagged at Rs 3.37 crore. All prices will be ex-showroom Delhi.
Old 10th March 2011, 20:04   #13
Team-BHP Support

I believe this is the same Shreyans that had the Opel and then Chevrolet dealership. (the one in Pune is/was on Ganeshkhind road, just after Autolines Petrol Pump).

I have not come across one person who dealt with them for sales/service and was satisfied. Why them?!
Old 10th March 2011, 22:12   #14
PPS
Senior - BHPian

I wonder if they will set up the new Ferrari showroom at their existing used car dealership which is at a prime location in Mumbai.
OT: According to Renuka Kirpalani of Autocar, 7 islands Harley dealership owners will get Lamborghini dealership for Mumbai !
Old 25th March 2011, 11:04   #15
BANNED

Maserati coming to India this April

Source: Motoroids.

Maserati, also known as a luxury car which is a Ferrari under the skin is all set to arrive onto the Indian shores. Like Ferrari, Maserati is also owned by the Italian Fiat group and benefits from the technological prowess of the Maranello based sports car maker. The brand’s cars will be sold in the country at a price ranging from Rs. 3 to 5 crores.

Maerati has not yet announced which models from their product portfolio they plan to bring to India. The company primarily manufactures three models – Quattroporte, GranCabrio and GranTurismo. There are variants in each model family, along with customization options, but the details on which models will make it here are yet to be divulged.

The Quattroporte range is that of a four-door sedan and is powered by a 4.2-litre V8 engine with more than 400PS. The estimated price for the Quattroporte range in India could be Rs. 3 crores.
The GranTurismo family is a 2 door, 4 seater coupe powered by the same 4.2-litre V8. The company had also showcased a MC Stradale version of the GranTurismo which boasted of a more powerful 450PS engine. Expect the price to be a little more than Rs. 4 crores.

The third model is the GranCabrio, which is powered by a 4.7-litre V8 putting out around 440PS of power.
Known for their elegant design, yet supreme handling sports car like nature, Maserati cars are in a league of their own. They appeal to people who prefer elegance and style over flashy design, arrive in an understated manner, and yet, want the blue-blooded power in tap whenever they are in the mood.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks