Team-BHP - Hyundai India, unreasonable long term maintenance and service practices!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Hyundai India, unreasonable long term maintenance and service practices! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/96797-hyundai-india-unreasonable-long-term-maintenance-service-practices-32.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by scarlet.fever (Post 3856553)
I got my first service done please see below the service bill.
Could I get a feedback as to what could have been avoided ?
I know for a fact that wheel balancing and alignment could have been avoided.

My dear friend, I feel you have been royally taken for a ride with your second free service costing you ~3k

Following are totally unwanted items there
Super charge 490 ??
Fuel additive petrol 578
Lubricant Kit 350 ??

Wheel alignment and balancing depends on whether you asked for it or not. It is always cheaper outside, and with better quality work too.

EDIT: You may also want to remove/blacken out the VIN & registration number of your vehicle in your future uploads.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vinit.merchant (Post 3859400)
Following are totally unwanted items there
Super charge 490 ??
Fuel additive petrol 578
Lubricant Kit 350 ??

Wheel alignment and balancing depends on whether you asked for it or not. It is always cheaper outside, and with better quality work too.

Add Air cleaner filter which need to be changed at 30k service unless he drives in very dusty conditions. 20k service should cost 1100 rs only. The 3rd free service for me costed 1400 rs.

@ Vinit thank you for you response I guess need to be more careful next time so the below could have been avoided correct.
Super charge 490 ??
Fuel additive petrol 578
Lubricant Kit 350 ??

@ckranjan Mine is second free service which is at 10K not 20k so air cleaner filter would still not be needed right

Thinking of getting your 3-5 year old i10 a repaint?
Want to replace the dirty poorly aged black external window rubber seal. - Add 5K for the set of 4. most will probably choose to not replace them after being made aware of the added cost.

Quote:

Originally Posted by scarlet.fever (Post 3859966)
@ckranjan Mine is second free service which is at 10K not 20k so air cleaner filter would still not be needed right

Yes. Air cleaner filter to be changed every 20k and not 10k.

My bad read 20k as 10k and 30k as 20k in the previous post. Apologies.

This is the sole reason why i sold off my 2011 Hyundai Eon Magna which had barely run 16000 kms and opted to go for a Maruti Suzuki Celerio and trust me the service cost difference is really a lot. When i sold my Eon i was given a option to go for a fluidic i-20 magna option at a price which was very much irresistable also had the grande i10 sportz in mind , but what kept me away from buy either of the two is the exhorbitant service cost. I still remember paying 5-6 k for a routine service , they found some trick all the time to jack up the bill , be it brake shoe replacement or boot release latch cable replacement :Frustrati . Every time the car was sent to any HASS the bill was too high for a below 4 lac hatchback . Most of the time my car was serviced at Austin Hyundai Kolkata due to its close proximity to my place but the bills were just too high and service standards too low for me to have continued my journey with the Eon.

Closure of HMP Service Center in Cotton Green and other places in Mumbai was a really bad move.

My dad had a really bad experience with Modi Hyundai in Chunnabhatti.

First, the guy offered servicing for 4800 but gave an offer of two services at 5800.
It would have been a big red flag for me but my dad took it immediately.

Then came the servicing part where the guy tried to scare my dad into getting replacements , telling him parts of the steering would literally fall off if they weren't replaced. My dad unfortunately couldn't reach me at that time but managed to get an old driver of ours to talk in his behalf.

The attitude of that person, not surprising to me, changed after someone knowledgeable started talking. at the end they did the normal servicing without any replacements but during delivery he "highly recommended" that we do it.

Felt so violated after my dad recounted the experience :-( My car isn't really just another gadget for me. Don't think I love my bike as much as I love my car.

Is there any decent service center left in this city? I don't even mind traveling a 100km if it means I can get someone really reliable.

I am actually contemplating upgrading to a different company like Honda or Toyota instead of the Verna in due time if I can't find a decent service center. Not sure if I am overreacting but getting used to a decent service center and then losing made me really how big of a part that plays in the overall car ownership.

I am not sure if this has been discussed before, i did search the forum but could not get a related thread, please move if you see fit.

I have a 2009 model Hyundai i20, recently cosmetic parts are falling apart. The flip key casing is broken on one key and the key itself is broken on the spare. Trident Hyundai is quoting Rs 14000 per duplicate key;
The Center Fascia (Plastic paneling) near the stereo is broken and they want to charge me Rs 6500 for it. The knob on the air vents which move the flaps are broken (mistake of giving it for a wash without supervising) and i am told that the entire vent has to be replaced and it costs Rs 1100 per vent :Shockked:

Because of the cost i have been postponing the replacements. But now i feel unhappy driving around with broken parts but cannot bring myself to pay 6.5K for a piece of plastic.:Frustrati I am a guy who likes to keep my car looking like original with genuine parts. But considering the costs of the above i am thinking of looking at the not so genuine replacements.

Need your advice on a way out, any source where genuine parts can be sourced cheap? If i replace it with non genuine parts would it bring down the resale price? or would it be better to just sell off the old horse?

Mod Note : Post Edited. Smiley usage is restricted to two per post on Team-BHP. Please do NOT use more than 2 smileys in a post.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MRAMAB (Post 3873275)

please:Need your advice on a way out, any source where genuine parts can be sourced cheap? If i replace it with non genuine parts would it bring down the resale price? or would it be better to just sell off the oldhorse

Sad to know. Your best bet is to try out the Mobis distributors. The guys at SVC often quote absurd amounts.
If the genuine spare itself is so expensive, it is better to try out scrapyards where cars are dismantled. They might have some parts which are in good shape.

But please don't think about selling your car just because it has some fancy damaged parts. Have a look at this thread which couldn't have come at a better time for you. :D

http://http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/171500-want-sell-your-car-because-repairs-think-again.html#post3873148

Quote:

I have a 2009 model Hyundai i20, recently cosmetic parts are falling apart. The flip key casing is broken on one key and the key itself is broken on the spare. Trident Hyundai is quoting Rs 14000 per duplicate key;

You got 2 options

1. Source the stuff from aliexpress and do a DIY (Mostly it turns out to the cheapest)
Flip key case options here
http://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?...i+i20+flip+key

2. Since you are in Bangalore, you can try MOBIS dealers.

Quote:

please:Need your advice on a way out, any source where genuine parts can be sourced cheap? If i replace it with non genuine parts would it bring down the resale price? or would it be better to just sell off the old horse? :deadhorse

As others have said; try the MOBIS network for the parts and a FNG for fitment for the repairs.

Try JC Rd as a stop-gap arrangement; those chaps have an answer for everything.

And selling the car just because of these issues?! Sacrilege. Quality isn't top-notch in many new sub-10 lakh cars these days (the mighty Hondas for example) so that doesn't solve the problem.

What exactly is the problem with the flip key casing? Here's another thread to fix the casing.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-do...-remote-2.html

Quote:

Need your advice on a way out, any source where genuine parts can be sourced cheap? If i replace it with non genuine parts would it bring down the resale price? or would it be better to just sell off the old horse?

I too have about 5 year old i20 Asta. Thought its good timing to share this thread with you :)

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...k-again-3.html

-Ravi

Got my i10 serviced last weekend @ 63K on the odo.
SA suggested a lot of things (decarb, throttle body cleaning, engine tuning), I politely declined and asked for only oil, oil filter and air filter change.
Got the car back after a few hours and was billed Rs 3127. Touch wood the car runs as nonchalantly as usual, with some added smoothness one would expect after an oil change.
Oh and he commented that my wide tires would affect the FE - I just gave him a polite smile :)

Quote:

I have a 2009 model Hyundai i20,

The Center Fascia (Plastic paneling) near the stereo is broken and they want to charge me Rs 6500 for it.

The Center Fascia for my 2009 i20 costed me Rs 4412 for the part alone. Details here:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post3144042

I think I paid Rs 3.5K for my 4 year old Eons annual service which included the usual oil and filter change plus Wheel Alignment and Balancing. That was my last service with Hyundai as extended warranty also expires at 4 years. Now hello to the FNG and stay happy for the rest of the cars life.