Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2006, 05:14   #16
BHPian

fiat has strongly realized their loose grip on the indian car market is slippin away fast and

hence such gimmicks...bt a welcome surprise to see that badly bruised FIAT worries about

its loyalists let alone waging a war against local manufacturers..once hugely popular car

makers in the world have been shown backdoors by indian consumers largely cuz they

failed to innovate, advertise and produce machines to match the likes of marutis,

hyundias,tatas...bt who knows theres always a saying that once a champion always a

champion n this new yr FIAT might have few more surprises in their kitty..
Old 6th January 2006, 05:43   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
theres always a saying that once a champion always a
champion n this new yr FIAT might have few more surprises in their kitty..
I hope so too! Indians love a disaster story, we Indians get some pschotic pleasure when other people/companies fail or have to pull out. But then who will lose if Fiat pulls out of India. If we have any sense, we should be hoping that Fiat pulls through and stays on in India. Car buyers will be deprived of owning some fantastic cars isnt it? Don't we all want to see the Fiat Panda, Idea and hell the Stilo! And I don't even want to think about Alfa Romeo because then it really pains me to see Fiat struggle like this. Pull you damn pants up you bloody Italians! We want the Alfa Romeo here!
Old 6th January 2006, 10:23   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
RX I notice you only pop up when the four letter word starting with "F" is mentioned - as you popped up miraculously on my poor little post trying to beat off the big bad beast BSM.........seriously man, how do you manage it? It must take a lot of effort.

Ahhh, Steer. The irony and the sarcasm.

Regards,
Another Fiat Jack in the Box.
Old 7th January 2006, 02:09   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit
We would have a lot of swifts, getz's, Santro's, Alto's , indigo's etc etc running scared. We all have seen the scare India's biggest companies got when Palio sales are zooming.

I wonder why people are getting so angry if someone has a Fiat car and loves it. Why is it that a santro, getz, wagon r, swift, indica, indigo, safari owner proudly announces how much he loves his car but when a fiat owner does the same he is shouted down and crucified. I have driven a number of international quality cars in the last few months but NONE, I repeat, NONE could give the feeling I had when I drove my Palio. These cars are built with passion. How many hot selling cars in India can hold their own against the best of west? Fiat owners know exactly what I am talking about. What is about the Palio that makes it's owners so passionately in love with it? I, frankly don't know, it's just the way the car makes you FEEL. It's next to impossible to explain it!

I agree with amit. All the hatches will be under hiding if fiat ASS is unleashed. believe me its going to happen soon with the millions fiat has just invested. I hope their new cars make it here on time.

The difference between a fiat palio 1.6 and the honda city vtec is the difference between a ducati 999 and a honda RC51.

palio is as Italian as 999
palio is made with same passion as 999
palio is slower than the city vtec and 999 than RC51
RC51 sells more than 999 as city vtec does more than palio
palio costs more than the competition as 999 does

but I understood the word Italian against Japanese the day I sat on the ducati after sitting on the honda at the toronto motorcycle festival.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135
Minorities? What minorities? They are endangered species on Indian roads. Funny thing is that they are happy being so.

it is usual with them. I am one of them. I just love the underdogs.
I went for an AMD lappie with the fastest desktop cpu around
the amd athlon 4000 socket 939

when the intel armies shot me with their questions" performance is great agreed but what is the battery life?" mera centrino processor itna deta hai.

and their mouths remained open when I say 5 hours

mionorities are happy being different.

Last edited by Aditya : 8th January 2006 at 11:52.
Old 7th January 2006, 15:55   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
RX I notice you only pop up when the four letter word starting with "F" is mentioned - as you popped up miraculously on my poor little post trying to beat off the big bad beast BSM.........seriously man, how do you manage it? It must take a lot of effort.
ROTFLMAO!!!
Steer, may be you notice me only when I write anything about four letter "F"? Now that is mamoth effort to screen my messages and notice me only when I write anything on "F". Or, just may be you hate Fiat and so called Fiat boys lot more than they love their Fiats?

While on topic, I got my card too.
Old 8th January 2006, 11:18   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84
I went for an AMD lappie with the fastest desktop cpu around
the amd athlon 4000 socket 939

when the intel armies shot me with their questions" performance is great agreed but what is the battery life?" mera centrino processor( )itna deta hai.

and their mouths remained open when I say 5 hours

mionorities are happy being different.
Hmm. I am a fan of AMD too. What laptop is this? 5 hours with a desktop processor ?? You are kidding, right???

Siva
Old 10th January 2006, 03:55   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thalavoy
Hmm. I am a fan of AMD too. What laptop is this? 5 hours with a desktop processor ?? You are kidding, right???

Siva

compaq R4000 from compaq.com

I have the 12cell battery against the 6-8cell batteries the other lappies use.

[b]I am no fanboy of any company[.please/B]

my lappy was the fastest then (second fastest now after sager9750). The reason why I bought amd.

Fiat owns maserati. Fiat owns Ferrari. Fiat owns Alfaromeo. WHich company has such bignames in tis portfolio. Fiat India just needs to be given a chance.

Its time to break the myth saying palio guzzles fuel. Palio 1.6 owners are getting 8-10 which is in terms with other 1600cc performance cars.

its better to say that jap cars are more Fuel Efficient

and at the same time also mention that Japanese save money on metal(hence less weights) and less safety too.

palio was ahead of its time then and is one of the best cars right now.
Old 10th January 2006, 06:16   #23
Senior - BHPian

Interesting piece of news this is:
http://www.business-standard.com/com...&autono=211188
Old 10th January 2006, 06:28   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakhon
yh it certainly is..tata joining hands with fiat as a part of strategic deal between two auto giants is only a sign of new things to comes....with AUTOEXPO 06 just round the corner fiat has thrown open an inviation to challenge likes of marutis, hyundais, fords and that is boosted by havin TATA to provide the platform...great news that alfa romeo is all set to dazzle the rams this yr....looks like that mid-size segment and sedans are goin to have to compete fiercly against each other ...to the benefit of indian conusmers..
Old 10th January 2006, 06:37   #25
Senior - BHPian

I am not too sure about the arrival of Alfa brand to India, but I have heard that Grande Punto is definitely on the cards. Anyway, this is some welcome news for us Fiat customers. Also, there is a news that Sundaram and Fiat have divorced and there is also a news that the servicing part of present Fiat cars will be transferred to Tatas. If this news is true, I can expect some good service, atleast in Bangalore.
Old 10th January 2006, 06:48   #26
BHPian

Post Deleted by the Admin : Please read the board rules before posting any further. Slang and SMS language is NOT permitted for use on Team-BHP
Old 10th January 2006, 23:23   #27
Senior - BHPian

Reuters says that the Fiat CEO sees the company returning to profitablity in 2006.
Old 11th January 2006, 05:13   #28
Senior - BHPian

I dunno why even after there being so many fiat fans, not even half are owning 1???
Old 16th January 2006, 12:02   #29
BHPian

Fiat does continue to Surprise !!

Just today I got a Call from Anuroop in Hyd...around 2 weeks back I had my horn replaced from there..They just called to check up if the Horn was functioning properly !!!

I was like..:WTF:

Way to Go
Old 17th January 2006, 06:36   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paharino1
Fiat does continue to Surprise !!

Just today I got a Call from Anuroop in Hyd...around 2 weeks back I had my horn replaced from there..They just called to check up if the Horn was functioning properly !!!

I was like..:WTF:

Way to Go

Fiat dealers are under threat now as tata dealers will be competing with them.

now just wait and see all the wonders these Fiat dealers show.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks