Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2006, 12:01   #16
Senior - BHPian

Why do all these cars have to look so WIERD? Damn, only Ford knows how to make Hatchback-to-Saloon transitions in this segment.
The City, the Swift sedan, Indigo and his thing are all ugly.
Old 9th January 2006, 12:54   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Devil
Its long time since Toyota finally launched the VIOS! In India, we get Asian cars more from Thailand, and Toyota Vios is launched there in 2004 or so, hopefully it should be here now. That i think will be the Fiesta thrasher!
Will definitely be great to see the VIOS launched here - its more than thrashed the NHC in the SE Asian markets, with its awesome power and ride quality.

Quote:
Damn, only Ford knows how to make Hatchback-to-Saloon transitions in this segment.
Well, they get stuck with something like the Fusion, in the process of that transition

Quote:
Why are all making cars like NHC ?
I guess they see it as the best way to get maximum amount of internal space out of minimum amount of footprint (external space)

Wagon-R and the Santro were termed ugly initially due to their tall-boy stance. But, eventually, the public realised the wonders of space inside compared to the zen or 800, these started gaining popularity.

Same is the case with NHC and Indigo too, I think...
Old 10th January 2006, 03:59   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aalaap
In the first pic (the light gray one) it almost looks like a copy-pasted NHC.

I 2nd that. But as much as I hate to admit it, its evolution. The way cars used to look in the 50s, the 60s, and so on. Things just change. And when we start to dislike new stuff, we're just getting old :(

- Aalaap
www.aalaap.com

I wont term that evolution. Its destruction of creativity.

why not wait till toyota confirms yaaris homecoming???
until then ford fiesta has been crowned the best car by bsmotoring.
Old 10th January 2006, 09:39   #19
BHPian

I agree. At first glance I thought it was a NHC which suffered a make-over at DC, going by it's bumpers and tail. I doubt whether the design would be so radical if it is going to be launched in India.
Old 10th January 2006, 09:54   #20
Senior - BHPian

When you are tight for space, you make things higher............ a lesson learnd from real estate.I guess the tall boy look is here to stay.
Old 10th January 2006, 11:55   #21
BHPian

Toyota has such awesome small cars, i just love the YARIS they have in Australia, my friend jus bought this for his wife there! and i was like, i too want one for mine!
But this aint cheap, coz for its size, its selling there for in INR approx = Range starting from Rs.5.lk to 7.lk but i say every penny well spent!

Last edited by Insane Devil : 10th January 2006 at 11:57.
Old 10th January 2006, 11:59   #22
BHPian

Old 10th January 2006, 12:06   #23
BHPian

And guyz, here is the look of the New COROLLA prevailing in Australian market now.. wonder when will we get this in India. I think Toyota should play like Honda! the corolla is known as a small car in the Western market, now they should launch this new model and price it at par with the NHC! and then bring some new model in the 11-12 lk range!

ps: Its the "MOST LOVED SMALL CAR" there

The Corolla HATCHBACK:

The Corolla SEDAN:

The Corolla ESTATE:
Old 10th January 2006, 21:16   #24
Senior - BHPian

Insane, this is the same Corolla sold in India, with a different front and rear look. This topic was discussed in another thread some time ago.
Old 10th January 2006, 21:40   #25
Senior - BHPian

These manufacturers are making the cars look ugly by saying its a radical design. In future wonder how the cars are going to look like.
Old 10th January 2006, 22:12   #26
BHPian

toyota yaris compels car manufacturers to think y small cars have made their ground in european markets ...esp yaris being no. 1 selling car in europe ..with hatchback version with 1.5L that promises fuel-effeciency and reduced emissions stands a good chance to beat NHC ...all they need is a statement, an advertising campaign and most importantly strike that sync with indian consumers....
Old 11th January 2006, 00:16   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower
Insane, this is the same Corolla sold in India, with a different front and rear look. This topic was discussed in another thread some time ago.

Well MPower, what i meant was regd the Exterior Shape of the Corolla... which we unfortunately dont have. Thanx for the info thou.
Old 11th January 2006, 05:12   #28
Senior - BHPian

thinking logically, Mitsubishi top management sucks. their best selling European car

Mitsubishi colt which is more spacious,more powerful, More Fuel Efficient and cheaper than the Yaris is not on sale in N.america or India.

How can some1 not make profit on a cashcow.

Dumb management leads to sufferings for good car makers.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks