Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2011, 00:35   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Chevy Cruze now available with 'All Black' interiors

I would kill for that jet black theme to be accompanied by super awesome red cross-stitching or red piping. Will take the sportiness of the interiors through the roof
FlyingSpur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2011, 00:37   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Is it just a color change or are there any additions/deletions?
Old 8th April 2011, 01:35   #18
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingSpur View Post
I would kill for that jet black theme to be accompanied by super awesome red cross-stitching or red piping. Will take the sportiness of the interiors through the roof
+1

The all black looks good and with the Fire red contrast stitching, it would look much sportier.

I was watching the WTCC (World Touring Car Championships) and was pleasantly surprised to see the Cruze with 1.6 Turbo charged Diesels beating BMW easily. I wish Chevy gets those engines to India. I have always had great respect for this machine and after watching the WTCC, the respect has grown many folds. Well done Chevy
Old 8th April 2011, 08:26   #19
Team-BHP Support

I think the diesel would be anyway due for an overhaul. For a long time the 2.0 VCDi is serving all the vehicles in their stable. Wont be surprised if the 1.6D comes on board this year. Need to wait and watch.
Old 8th April 2011, 11:07   #20
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

Any update on upgrade in quality levels (dashboard plastics etc.), another Achilles heel for Cruze? One of the sites reported it, although I generally take those with a pinch of salt.
Old 8th April 2011, 13:00   #21
BHPian

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Slang and SMS Language are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. Please type in full and proper English for the benefit of other community members.

Last edited by Eddy : 8th April 2011 at 13:20. Reason: Note Inline
RJ555 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 8th April 2011, 13:23   #22
BANNED

Guys any updates on the price increment after the new interiors, read somewhere that it's gonna be close to 16K.

Any confirmed sources ?
Old 8th April 2011, 14:55   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
True. Anybody seen the interiors for real? One of the sites claim that the interior quality has also been upgraded. Is that true as well? We all know what a difference the interior calours made to the ANHC when its interiors got better colours in '09. Is the 'All Black' Cruze really a step forward or is it more of a gimmick?
Hey Abhi,
I just had a look at the new cruze (well 'new' meaning only the interior part of it). I feel that the interiors are better than the earlier car in terms of quality specially the rough edges on the door pockets which i did not see in the new car. It feels well built.There is addition of USB/AUX ports housed in the center armrest(There is hardly any space left now to keep your stuff).The Black interiors lend a classy feel and it goes well with the personality of the car (Beige would not have looked good for this car). The seats are softer and have good cushioning and the rear seat is just about ok. Company claims that the cushioning is different but I wish chevrolet could have done something about the leg space at the rear (the optra is still the best when it comes to legroom). But this chevy is one of the best @ heart with a gem of an engine(wow!!!! Drive it to believe it ). well on a rating of 10 for interiors i would give it 8/10 and the old car would have got 6/10. I personally feel this is one the best car in its class and a VFM product from chevy stable. No car is perfect but this car ticks the right boxes . And also this car in meant for people who love to drive and not meant to be chauffeur driven ( Altis / Jetta is the best if chauffeur driven ).
Finally i feel the new cruze is a little bit of a gimmick and more of a step forward coz interiors was one thing this car was lagging in and chevrolet has rightly done a good job. Happy Motoring !!!
coolboy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th October 2013, 12:01   #24
BHPian

New Cruze has been launched by Chevrolet India!! Anyone has details? Official website showing the car with new fog lamp design but interiors not updated with the new my link touch screen??
Old 24th October 2013, 12:03   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

GM India has launched the Chevrolet Cruze facelift at Rs 13.75 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).

The changes are very subtle and only include new 16-inch alloy wheels and new bumpers. The interiors remain the same, as does the powertrain. It is powered by the same 2.0-litre diesel engine that puts out 164bhp and 38.7kgm of torque, which can either be mated to a six-speed manual or six-speed automatic transmission.

Source:ACI
volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks