Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2004, 01:25   #1
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Team-BHP and the Himalayan Rally Association (www.indiarally.com) would like to offer Team-BHPians the chance of being a vital part of the MRF India Rally 2004.

From being present right where the action is to having important responsibilities - it should be a very enjoyable experience for all involved. I cant stress enough as to how valuable this entire experience will be...You will get an insiders view on the Indian & International motorsport scenario, and at the same time witness some of the best International machinery going pedal to the metal. No prior experience is necessary, and you will be provided with adequate training toward your responsibilities.

A professional attitude is key. This is serious stuff, and please be absolutely certain of your commitment before you register.

If you have any questions, feel free to post here and we will try to answer them to the best of our knowledge.

GTO

More Information and a message from the organisers:

The MRF India Rally is an international event organised by the Himalayan Rally Association and held in accordance with the International Sporting Code of the Federation Internationale de l'Automobile (FIA). *It is a round of the Asia Pacific Rally Championship (APRC) and a round of the Indian National Rally Championship (INRC).

The APRC is held in the Asia Pacific region, Australia, New Zealand, New Caledonia, Japan and China being the participating countries. *Teams and competitors from Australia, New Zealand, Malaysia, Italy, Finland, Japan, Germany, the UK, etc. compete in cars such as the Proton Pert, Mitsubishi Lancer EVO series, Subaru Imprezzas, Suzuki Ignis, etc.

This event has put India on the map of International Motorsports, the target being to become a round of the World Rally Championship (WRC) at the earliest. *The importance this status will give our country cannot be over emphasized.

We need enthusiastic volunteers from all over the country to help us achieve this objective. *Your participation will be on an on-going basis, i.e. those who become a part of the India Rally team will form the core of an official team for all future international motorsporting events in our country.

This year offers an excellent opportunity to car enthusiasts to watch rally cars in action through the special stages, and interact personally with drivers, co-drivers, team managers and the service crew from various parts of the world.

Though the event runs in and around Pune from 3rd to 5th December 2004, volunteers would be required from approximately 29th November till 6th December. Some training sessions will also have to be organized, for which the dates would be notified to you well in advance. The various categories in which help is required:

Stage Commanders
marshals
time keepers
radio operators
safety marshals
rescue team
Officials
time control officials etc.

We welcome your participation and request you to log onto our website, www.indiarally.com which gives more information on the event. *For specific details regarding your involvement, please email us at hra@indiarally.com.
Old 15th July 2004, 14:37   #2
BHPian

hi all,
I feel we should not miss this opportunity. Its great being a part of rally organisation and lots of fun. we do it every year for our round of INRC.come on and join .
Old 15th July 2004, 15:13   #3
BHPian

which round of the INRC are you part of rallystar.
Old 15th July 2004, 23:43   #4
Senior - BHPian

oh god, why the hell did u put me up in chennai?
Old 19th July 2004, 15:04   #5

wats the minimum age for participating
Old 19th July 2004, 15:23   #6
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Turbo_charged @ July 19 2004,13:34)]wats the minimum age for participating
Hey Turbo,

well, there is no hard and fast rule with regards to the age of volunteers and there are people as young as 15 volunteering for different posts. Although it would be better I would think if the person is above 18.

How old are you anyways?

Rtech
Old 19th July 2004, 23:45   #7
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (rallystar @ July 15 2004,13:07)]hi all,
I feel we should not miss this opportunity. Its great being a part of rally organisation and lots of fun. we do it every year for our round of INRC.come on and join .

We may not have our own cars to drive, but, we can still get some experience.
Old 20th July 2004, 03:17   #8
BHPian

Hey cool, I was a timekeeper for a quite a few rallies in Kisumu, Kenya. Its fun, but being a marshall is even more fun, you get to roam around, do the routes and ensure its all clear. Will definitely do this, especially since its going to be in my current homewtown Pune. How many of you guys are planing to do this, I say the more the merrier.
Old 20th July 2004, 03:20   #9
BHPian

Even better depending on the number of people interested I suggest we form a group and take over an entire timestop or 2. What say?
Old 20th July 2004, 12:06   #10
BHPian

hi papps,
we organise the Goa round of INRC. Its on 11 th and 12 th of September. You could come if interested. Its nice fun and lot of hard work.
Old 20th July 2004, 12:29   #11
BHPian

i would love to come for it rallystar but im already busy with the India rally, too much of work here to do, if i get the chance i will sure try to go for any of the INRC events this year, maybe Goa
Old 4th August 2004, 13:19   #12
BHPian

there is going to be a Marshal training session in Pune sometime at the end of August, there is going to be someone from finland whose going to take this training and will be here for a week, so if anyone is interested please contact me as soon as possible for further details, you can PM me or e-mail me at apurvaseth@indiarally.com or yoou can call me on any of the numbers Off: (020) 26683761 / 26691745 Mobile: 09822211667

thanks

papps
Old 12th October 2004, 17:18   #13
Team-BHP Support

Hey papps,

How did the seminar go?

Give us an update on the happens....the drivers and cars expected to come!

Lets get T-BHP back in the action!

Rt
Old 12th October 2004, 18:14   #14
bhp
BHPian

hey gto i would be interested in being a volunteer at this event . i dont wanna miss it and have already mailed at the given e mail address . thanks for the information man
thanks
monty
Old 27th October 2004, 13:15   #15
BHPian

hey r-tech, will give u details as soon as i get them, leot of drivers interested in coming, so will give u update soon.

hey bhp, where are u located, can u send me an e-mail too in what way, u would like to be a part of the event, e-mail me at apurvaseth@indiarally.com
regards papps

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks