Team-BHP - Official Thread :Mumbai Speedrun '06 report, pics, video!! Time-sheets on Pg 4 & 10
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Indian Motorsport (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-motorsport/)
-   -   Official Thread :Mumbai Speedrun '06 report, pics, video!! Time-sheets on Pg 4 & 10 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-motorsport/10802-official-thread-mumbai-speedrun-06-report-pics-video-time-sheets-pg-4-amp-10-a-9.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by shadow
The CLS 55 which didnt participate has 476 horses under da hood and a 0-100 in 4.7 secs............ too bad it wasnt burnin the tarmac there ....

I would killlllll to see that pitted against the m5!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ford Rocam
Stock 170 bhp is at crank so effectively it comes down to around 150 at wheels my first trial run was very bad i already had stiffened suspension (GTO) and i also reduced tyre pressure to around 25 psi to get max contact path the clutch holds immediately and at 7500rpm potenza's were struggling for traction in fact i shd have launched at around 4-5K rpm that would have given me a better launch, at 7500 rpm it was too much of power for th tyres to hold, i might go in for slicks at banglore run & i dont trust these desi kits anymore , thinking to get Zex Kit heard they are excellent but before these i ll need to practice for perfect launch,btw, is there any thread on "perfect launch for drag" ?

7500 rpms :Shockked: ??!!! No wonder u were wheelspinning to glory .. Try practising launches at around 3.5k if ur dumping the clutch or try 5-5.5k if ur launching by riding the clutch .. This should certainly improve ur launch timings .. Also the best bet would be to get semi-slicks .. And yes pls do buy a zex or a NOS kit preferably single nozzle as at the most u will be going in for a 50 shot only .. Well there is no hard rule for a perfect launch .. It depends on car to car basis .. So u need to practise atleast a million times each time varying the parameters such as revvs , clutch & accelerator usage etc .. Practise alone makes a man near to perfect .. So get urself a pretty well rubberised road and start the launch practises .. Time each of ur launches like 0-100 each time varying the parameters mentioned earlier .. See what u find the best and strike a balance .. This is what i was thought by someone and it certainly did help me .. Might help u as well ..

Any idea why the Bangalore guys boycotted? Im sure they were sorely missed!

is anyone else experiencing problems d/l ing the vids from rapid share? it says that the session is invalid or something... really keen to watch those vids, esp the one of the M5 ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ford Rocam
i already had stiffened suspension (GTO) and i also reduced tyre pressure to around 25 psi to get max contact path the clutch holds immediately

does sitffening include the fact that you raised the rear ? that improves traction doesnt it ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrozEN_BHP

You should change the whitebalance (WB) setting on your camera!

cya
R

Quote:

Originally Posted by nitrous
If only Dilip Roggers was allowed to ride, u guys would have seen a 9 second from a Busa.
Dilip is planning a revenge at the Bangalore speedrun. I hope he creates a record for the next couple years.

Nine seconds fine.;)
But record for the next couple of years......oh gosh, the bangalore riders are'nt that bad.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mclaren1885
7500 rpms :Shockked: ??!!! No wonder u were wheelspinning to glory .. Try practising launches at around 3.5k if ur dumping the clutch or try 5-5.5k if ur launching by riding the clutch .. This should certainly improve ur launch timings .. Also the best bet would be to get semi-slicks .. And yes pls do buy a zex or a NOS kit preferably single nozzle as at the most u will be going in for a 50 shot only .. Well there is no hard rule for a perfect launch .. It depends on car to car basis .. So u need to practise atleast a million times each time varying the parameters such as revvs , clutch & accelerator usage etc .. Practise alone makes a man near to perfect .. So get urself a pretty well rubberised road and start the launch practises .. Time each of ur launches like 0-100 each time varying the parameters mentioned earlier .. See what u find the best and strike a balance .. This is what i was thought by someone and it certainly did help me .. Might help u as well ..

Thanks for your input mclaren & yes i may run semi slicks for banglore but not sure at the moment, meantime i will just practice for launch & hope to see you and other tbhp members at banglore.

Quote:

at 7500 rpm it was too much of power for th tyres to hold,
Dude! 7500 rpm is way too much for a proper launch. With stock rubber and numerous tries, my Vtec had the best 0 - 100 timing with a 2700 rpm launch. Timed with the Gtech Pro.

GTO

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO
Dude! 7500 rpm is way too much for a proper launch. With stock rubber and numerous tries, my Vtec had the best 0 - 100 timing with a 2700 rpm launch. Timed with the Gtech Pro.

GTO

I know i am a bit off topic but,

Hey GTO do you still have that Gtech Pro ? That would be the best thing to check for launch practice.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cinclaturbo
Nine seconds fine.;)
But record for the next couple of years......oh gosh, the bangalore riders are'nt that bad.

isnt the current record 9.8 by samuel stephenson on a 12r?

dont think 9 is possible man,unless the bike is fully blown.

Quote:

LEts see.

Quote:

isnt the current record 9.8 by samuel stephenson on a 12r?

dont think 9 is possible man,unless the bike is fully blown.
William Samuel Stephenson's record is 10.521 in that 12R.
Stock 170bhp litre bikes can do 9 sec timings if & only if , the rider is SKILLED!

Quote:

Hey GTO do you still have that Gtech Pro ? That would be the best thing to check for launch practice.
Sure thing. Lets plan a meet together to test your Honda. Will get it along.

GTO

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO
Sure thing. Lets plan a meet together to test your Honda. Will get it along.

GTO

uh oh !! i have a very bad feeling about this ....

Madmonkey, Ur RS might also be welcome to this speed testing party :D