Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2006, 18:51   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sAP
This post is to everybody who owns an unmodified car.

I'd like to see more stock vehicles on track this time. Especially wagonRs, m800s, altos, etc. This is the place for all you guys !! just as much as it is for anybody else.

Get out there y'all people and roll some rubber now.

sAP
Thank you SAP. Any body Listening ?
Old 1st March 2006, 20:37   #17
Senior - BHPian

I don't discourage stock vehicles. But, most stock vehicles are not maintained like souped-up cars which are kept at the highest state of health. A lot of stock,daily driven cars have bad brakes,bad tyres,etc.Not adviseable on the track. Only owners or those who drive the car daily will know the condition of the car.

sAP, u don't wanna see WagonRs and Santros on the track, it'll be a disaster.
Old 1st March 2006, 21:56   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
Well as usual im game for it .. Heck just spoke to the GM of RNS Motors and told him that i need the delivery of my new baleno by saturday bcoz that would give me enough time to run-in (maybe v1p3r and myself might do adrive to hubli , shantanu where are u ??)
shan2nu will be in hubli, so will I....
Old 2nd March 2006, 10:52   #19
Joz
BHPian

Ok, I am in. Definitely in for the FISSME's and Race Esteems.

As much as I would like to take my poor car on the track, I am a little sceptical too. Tire wear, brake fade and what not? Tell me honestly guys, 2 days on track equals how kilometers of normal driving? And it takes more than a full 20 secs to see a three digit speed. So does it really make sense?

Do we get second hand tires on sale at the track? Don't think I will require accomodation. But a few friends might need it (if they come along). Whats the damage on accomodation?

When are we planning to meet at LCD to clear up the formalities? I am off to Delhi today, will be in town on saturday, will be in chennai on monday/tuesday. Would like to pay in advance, that way I don't get the option of changing my mind the last minute!!!
Old 2nd March 2006, 12:35   #20
sAP
BHPian

No quarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous
I don't discourage stock vehicles. But, most stock vehicles are not maintained like souped-up cars which are kept at the highest state of health. A lot of stock,daily driven cars have bad brakes,bad tyres,etc.Not adviseable on the track. Only owners or those who drive the car daily will know the condition of the car.

Nitrous, I have to disagree with you completely. But then, in the world of responsible adults, we can agree to disagree.

sAP
Old 2nd March 2006, 13:50   #21
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

JOZ : am in. Definitely in for the FISSME's and Race Esteems.
MCL : Thats great joz ..

JOZ: As much as I would like to take my poor car on the track, I am a little sceptical too. Tire wear, brake fade and what not? Tell me honestly guys, 2 days on track equals how kilometers of normal driving? And it takes more than a full 20 secs to see a three digit speed. So does it really make sense?

MCL : Well if u can get urself used tyres then that should be about it .. 2 full days at the track running all 8 sessions the baleno clocked under 350 kms , so with the alto it should be still less , maybe around 200-250 im expecting .. Well trust me getting the alto to the track does make sense , its not how fast ur car is compared to the rest but the thrill is to find out to what limits u can take ur car to .. This also helps u understand ur car better and makes u better driver too .. Dont know about the others it surely has helped me a lot ..

JOZ: Do we get second hand tires on sale at the track? Don't think I will require accomodation. But a few friends might need it (if they come along). Whats the damage on accomodation?

MCL : There will be no sale of old tyres at the track , but it would be better if ud purchase them here only .. Or a day in advance when in chennai , im sure nitrous or aditya will help u regarding the same.. Regarding the accomodation it is 2400 bucks per night for a triple sharing basis ..

JOZ: When are we planning to meet at LCD to clear up the formalities? I am off to Delhi today, will be in town on saturday, will be in chennai on monday/tuesday. Would like to pay in advance, that way I don't get the option of changing my mind the last minute!!!
MCL : Guys lets meet up at LCD on saturday at SHARP 8 PM .. Pls come on time , yesterday we had a small meet and godfather had to wait all the way from 7:30 - 10:00 for the guys to turn up .. Sorry to keep u waiting goddy ..

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 2nd March 2006 at 13:52.
Old 2nd March 2006, 14:07   #22
Joz
BHPian

Thanks Mclaren. What i was wondering earlier was, if we try to equate wear & tear caused by 250 kms of track use to our regular road use, what would it be like: 500km/ 1000 km/2000km?

Not sure if i can make it on saturday evening. Have some guests at home. To be precise, have some 20 odd alcoholics coming home. So not sure if i can step out. In any case, shall call you on saturday evening.
Old 2nd March 2006, 14:08   #23
BHPian

Quote:

For God's sake Nitrous, we were racing M800's before the big cars came in. So why not santro's and wagon R's my friend??????

Last edited by Sideways : 2nd March 2006 at 14:22.
Old 2nd March 2006, 14:18   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideways
For God's sake Notrous, we were racing M800's before the big cars came in. So why not santro's and wagon R's my friend??????
I kinda agree on this point of view as the track day is more to familarise the drivers to learn to drive under extreme conditions and not on how to race. Trust me the learning is invaluable to one and all who come in.
Old 2nd March 2006, 14:39   #25
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho
I kinda agree on this point of view as the track day is more to familarise the drivers to learn to drive under extreme conditions and not on how to race. Trust me the learning is invaluable to one and all who come in.
Yes, I learnt a lot about my car's limitations and my own - trying too, hard too soon in corners

Regretably, i will not make it in March as the Vtec is being refettled and plenty of expenses and taxes to pay!!
Old 2nd March 2006, 14:51   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
For God's sake Nitrous, we were racing M800's before the big cars came in. So why not santro's and wagon R's my friend??????
Quote:
Nitrous, I have to disagree with you completely. But then, in the world of responsible adults, we can agree to disagree.
I agree with all of u. Any car can go on the track.
All I'm trying to tell is that if u've maintained ur car well and she's in good condition, its better.

About the WagonR and Santro, i was being specific that these are 'tallboys' which means HIGH centre of gravity and those tiny 12" 155 tyres are not gonna make it safe.I've driven a santro on the track for a lap at the very first unofficial track-day and had to travel through the track and wasn't doing over 40kph.The amount of body-roll that was there even at the snail-pace was HUGE. All the novices wanna go fast in the corners and i don't think i must mention how our janta were entering the corners. Infact, the 'Slow in-fast out' was total ulta-pulta. The sedans are forgiving here, but not a tall-boy or an SUV.

Sideways, just curious: Did u drive ur Scorpio on the track??
Old 2nd March 2006, 15:21   #27
BHPian

Quote:
I agree with all of u. Any car can go on the track.
All I'm trying to tell is that if u've maintained ur car well and she's in good condition, its better.

About the WagonR and Santro, i was being specific that these are 'tallboys' which means HIGH centre of gravity and those tiny 12" 155 tyres are not gonna make it safe.I've driven a santro on the track for a lap at the very first unofficial track-day and had to travel through the track and wasn't doing over 40kph.The amount of body-roll that was there even at the snail-pace was HUGE. All the novices wanna go fast in the corners and i don't think i must mention how our janta were entering the corners. Infact, the 'Slow in-fast out' was total ulta-pulta. The sedans are forgiving here, but not a tall-boy or an SUV.

Sideways, just curious: Did u drive ur Scorpio on the track??
Many a time my friend, and quite fast too!!!
Old 2nd March 2006, 15:38   #28
sAP
BHPian

Ajmat, it takes a man to admit that. Hope ur ride gets back on its feet soon

sAP
Old 3rd March 2006, 16:59   #29
sAP
BHPian

El recommendo

If there were a limit of one suggestion allowed per person for track days, here's what mine would be:

Publish *best* lap times of each car on each session

Not an easy one I admit: it requires dedicated personnel on location for recording every lap on each session for each car. Nevertheless, there might be a few benefits that may enhance the purpose of track days. A few that crossed my mind (not in any particular order) are:
  • Participants would love to review their performance at the end of each session
  • It helps them quantify weaknesses and improve
  • Helps remove the guesswork out of cornering strategies
  • Motivates them to show up next time to better their previous best
The last one is especially good for the sport and for economies of scale (it is cheaper to sell repeatedly to an existing client than it is to find a new one). On track day, unlike a race, each participant's competition is himself/ herself.

sAP
Old 3rd March 2006, 21:40   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sAP
If there were a limit of one suggestion allowed per person for track days, here's what mine would be:

Publish *best* lap times of each car on each session

Not an easy one I admit: it requires dedicated personnel on location for recording every lap on each session for each car. Nevertheless, there might be a few benefits that may enhance the purpose of track days. A few that crossed my mind (not in any particular order) are:
  • Participants would love to review their performance at the end of each session
  • It helps them quantify weaknesses and improve
  • Helps remove the guesswork out of cornering strategies
  • Motivates them to show up next time to better their previous best
The last one is especially good for the sport and for economies of scale (it is cheaper to sell repeatedly to an existing client than it is to find a new one). On track day, unlike a race, each participant's competition is himself/ herself.

sAP
Its called time trials, and available during the time trial sessions, best part, all done by some smart computers.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks