BHPian

Pics

Looking forward to seeing them
sAP
Old 27th March 2006, 14:00   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaKnight
Even I was there, Met Naaim at the venue...lemme just download all the foto and stuff from the cam. will post a reply soon.

I believe this car is already sold by Turboindia..and now he drives a spanking new Laura.
Hey I was looking forward to meeting you guys. Sorry I was really busy.

The show was first class and I am sure you'll agree to it. The drivers too were very good. I'll post a few pictures as soon as I can get it from the photographer.

Rgds
Old 27th March 2006, 14:52   #33
BHPian

hi can any one post the photos & the review of the meet??
Old 27th March 2006, 18:45   #34
BHPian

Well, here’s a short note:-

We reached the venue by 10.00am and the race is already on the roll.
The first thing to make my day was to see the TEAM-BHP banner…..way to go.
There wereLot of cars which I thought had come to view the event, but to my surprise many of them were participants and this is not always the case in Kerala.Cars have come all the way,from,Trichur,Kottayam,Calicut,Kothamangalam,Th allaserry ,Kollam and even coimbatore.

As usual the major share of the race cars were from the Maruti stable, Zens,Esteems,Altos and even Balenos did burn serious rubber.
There were the stock class, the modified class, diesel class, ladies class and senior Class.
As I did post earlier we were participating with the green baleno,black esteem,
Grey swift, black diesel lancer and instead of the maroon esteem we shifted to a
Green zen diesel.
Though Turboindia and Philip told a spot entry is not allowed (always the case when
a race is organized) we had a spot entry for the diesel lancer and we had a bad time
with the marshall who was guiding us.He said we would be in the stock diesel class(we
were happy)in the beginning, later on shifted us to modified diesel class reason; we had aftermarket alloys from BSA and bodykit on the car, again to stock and again to modified category and by this time we were having a bad argument on the same.
I felt the rule utter rubbish, the lancer been put to modified diesel class just because it had
After market alloys and body kit installed and no performance done to the engine (the funny part the car has done 1,37,000km and is spitting a cloud of thick dark smoke) and we competing with a new Accent CRDI installed with the Petes tuning box….
The track was a pretty challenging and we had only two outer runs were we could do the maximum speed, once you enter the track, it was like playing CRYSTAL MAZE…so confusing and the same happened not only to me but for almost all the race drivers. If 10 guys had driven 5 would have been disqualified due to wrong turns….
Some cars even crashed and this included a red swift (lost front left tire, suspension and some minor bits),a white optra (nothing much happened though), our grey swift (only minor bumper probs) and our green baleno (lost the front right bumper piece)…
The cars that did participate are Optras, couple of Getz, Palio’s,Santro’s, Lancer’s, Accents, Peter’s former Octavia RS( with 240BHP on tap), premier padmini and the earlier mentioned Maruti’s…
There were 3 superbikes, a Hayabusa, an R1, a GSX R 1000 ..it’s kerala and people were really admiring these superbikes..
Accidents off the track is a definite YES when people start to show off and the car to start this was a red diesel Lancer just missing our E250D and crashing to the next car a cielo, going by his footsteps another guy in a red gypsy rolled the car not once but twice….
Met Naaim and was happy to see another BHP’ian in the field enjoying the race, had a quick chat with him, got some ringtones and again went to the track…
Time flew really fast and Standing under the hot sun really really got me exhausted and by 6 -6.30 the event got over and by 7.30 it was time for the prize distribution. I was really happy as our team from Trichur had bagged the most number of trophies which is not 2 or 3 but 8 of them including the driver of the day award.
The well known drivers included George Anthony (earlier into rallying), Bikku Babu and Boney( Bikku a doctor by profession but into rallying uses a chettinad sporting star cup car and boney his navigator).
From our team Joseph ( as I posted earlier the reigning circuit champ of kerala did not disappoint us , he bagged the driver of the day award)..
The drive back to trichur was lot more fun, people waving hands to us(could be because of the stickers on the car and those roaring exhaust note)…well I ENJOYED THE DAY!!

P.S:- Naaim thanks for the ringtones buddy !!!
Old 27th March 2006, 18:51   #35
Senior - BHPian

GooD report man!!... Very Graphic!! .. Can you or someone put up the various categories.. and the winners??... Alsoa little map of the track if possible...
Old 27th March 2006, 19:36   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb100
GooD report man!!... Very Graphic!! .. Can you or someone put up the various categories.. and the winners??... Alsoa little map of the track if possible...
Thanks buddy ! here are some photos;
The TEAM-BHP Banner:

The spectators…

And the participants:

One last check

Another zen:

Where do I go now??
Old 27th March 2006, 19:49   #37
BHPian

Uh oh,I am not good in this :

Our cars now:

The diesel lancer or is it the Evo6:

Baleno or a wrx??

Who asked you to race??

I thought it’s a drift competition fellas;

Make way for me;

This car though not brought by us, belongs to our cousin in Kothamangalam:
Old 27th March 2006, 19:58   #38
BHPian

The ill faited swift:

Over the top:

Showing off!!??

I am SWIFT:

Old 27th March 2006, 20:06   #39
BHPian

Pete’s inside;

New kid on the block!!

I need GPS for the next race..

I am tall boy..

Old 27th March 2006, 20:18   #40
BHPian

Remember me??

The car that stole the show..

Yipeee here I go…

Does he have a flame thrower or what?????

Old 27th March 2006, 20:28   #41
BHPian

Gixerr….

R1..couldn’t get the Hayabusa photo..

The Mystery Machine..

The winner takes it all…

One Final Hip Hip Hooray to team Trichur… well done boys
Old 27th March 2006, 20:50   #42
Senior - BHPian

Good Report CK...but
who were the top 3 fastest of the day and in what cars??
Old 27th March 2006, 21:13   #43
Senior - BHPian

Nice pix...amazing to see such a big turn over.

And CaliforniaKnight, isn't that Zubikers bike that was put up for sale by me??
Old 27th March 2006, 21:23   #44
BHPian

Nice write-up and pics CK...
The swifts looks great- the grey one and the one with the bodykit and 2 tone paint..
Old 28th March 2006, 09:19   #45
BHPian

Hey great review. Saved me the trouble. THX

Hey but did you not see the other BLACK Team-bhp banner on the other side of the track.I'll see if I can get any image with that banner on it.

I dont know why your car was put in modified section with alloys but I think it maybe because of the difference in dia of the total wheel. In any case there were only 3 participants in modified so I think at the end it was just one class for the diesels.

It was a fun day guys and more than anyone else you guys really had fun.

Keep up the good work and hope to see you all soon

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks