Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2006, 18:45   #1
BHPian

Updated with PICS & VIDEO! : Revvhead, Epyupc & Mpower battle it out on track

Arright,
Since there were 3 of us there, this needed a fresh look!!

So, the 3 of US hit Chennai in the first week of June for the final round of the
JK tyre junior cup.

Wont bore you with practice day this time!
I had my cousin along for company and he had his assortment of Videocamera & cmaeras around. More on that later!!!

Met Mpower there and EPYUPC (now to be known as EP ) was there with his wife.

Shirish Chandran of overdrive had jumped into a car for the final round and so met him as well and i made threating sounds of "SPONSORSHIP" to him

Ep has been setting rather good Q pace throughout and wasnt too far off this time either. He came in seventh and i clocked in a disappointing 11th.
Mpower i think was one slot behind me, or in front of.

We all had the same reamrk- Where are all the Madras Team-Bhp dudes. Not one to bee seen anywhere near the track at anytime. We were hoping to meet a few, but no show ( Sideways was tied up with far more important and pressing matters- so he's not included! )

The first race- I hasve a pretty decent start and am doing very well, by midway, in 7th and gaining on 6th place.What is making me really amazed is that i have the battle for 3rd within my view!!! This is the first time that i can see Saran Vikram during a race!! Those 3-5th are running very close 6th is there too and i'm actually closing in slightly. I am really thrilled with my race pace!! i also find EPYUPC by the side of the road- He had overheating issues.
with 3 laps to go, my car starts behaving badly. Understeering very heavily and refusing to turn in, i have to leave 6th alone and after a while have to easily concede 7th place as since i cant turn in, i cant get proper drive out of the corners. Sahil passes me for 6th. I can now see M-Power looming red and large in my mirrors, but my car wont turn, especiallt left. Its the last lap, i'm holding off M-power and taking the last bend when the now horrible misbehaving snaps out and spins. Mpower passes me for 8th, i keep the engine running , keep the car on the roiad and scurry behing M-power for a 9th. Damn- Just outta the points.

Post race ispection shows that the front left suspension has sat on the inner part of the wheel, so whever you turn esp for the hairpin, the wheel actually stops moving - thats why the total inability to turn. well, thats how it goes.

That is hastily attended to and fixed.

Race 2 - saturday.
Start off well enuff, things are up and running, and on Lap 22 , hit the brakes and the pedal gets Longer!!!!!!!! It suddenly catches, but very funnily and i spin off. damn what happened there??

I continue and the brake is behaving again, slightly erratic but managable. The bias is all haywire and everytime you brake, the car steps out one way or the other. I head to C2 again (remember this corner is at Max speed!) and hit the brakes, only the right side catches locks, smokes , the car spins again.
I guide the car into the pit and retire.
Damn- i have been running great race pace but been let down mechanically. Sob!!
EP overheats again!! and i dunno what happened to M-power
Old 13th June 2006, 18:59   #2
BHPian

Power To Weight Ratio

The reason why Despite our Scorching Pace and Dead handsome Racer looks why The Revvhead, EPYUPC and M-POWER are not winning is:

POWER TO WEIGHT RATIO!!!!!!

To understand that see the Pictures below

Here is us

From left to right - EPYUPC, Revvhead (with new aerodynamic clean shaven face) & Mpower

and our competition:

L-R: Saran Vikram(racewinner), Vignesh (3rd in Champ) and Deepak R (racewinner)

The Pics dont lie!!

Sunday race report to follow- stay tuned in for the action

Last edited by Revvhead : 13th June 2006 at 19:01.
Old 13th June 2006, 23:41   #3
BHPian

I like that......Power to weight ratio!!!!! hahahahahahahahah, true, true and very obvious!!!!
Old 14th June 2006, 08:35   #4
Senior - BHPian

Hey guys, do inform me next time you are going to race, I was not aware of these races, which is why I couldnt make it.......I will dfenitely try and make it next time....
Old 14th June 2006, 09:31   #5
BANNED

Hrisheet.. LOVE THE POWER TO WEIGHT STATEMENT!!! Someting that I can relate to as well don't you think!!
Well here's a suggestion, if you have a haircut, I'm sure that you could "SHAVE" a few 10th's of a second off your lap times as well.. ALL THE PUN INTENDED!!
Good report there though!
Old 14th June 2006, 10:12   #6
BHPian

Arrey- see. I did shave off the beard and got a few tenths there. Haircut for the next season!!

I completely forgot to write about the quali action!!

In Saturday Quali for the first race- i went out for my run , did the outlap and was on my fastlap, when suddenly exiting the hairpin the car splutters, and then dies on the bridge,andi cant feel any accelerator pedal!! Nothing , nada, there's no pedal at all!! i fortunately managed to roll the car into the mouth of pitlane, folowing which i jumped out like a madman and started pushing it super fast to the pit garage, and was thankfully joined bya a mechanic and a few marshalls.

Once there, urgent cries of help to Karun & shiva followed, and it turned out that the throttle cable had broken. Frantic repairs followed and by the time it was done i had barely any time to set a lap, I charged off like a madman, and set one scrappy lap (at least get one time in), and set of on a another and put a wheel on the grassin my desperation!! Finally i was on a better line and all when the chequer came down for the end of the session. at least i managed gaining a few places and landed up in 11th, but that was a hectic quali!!

Last edited by aah78 : 14th June 2006 at 21:56.
Old 14th June 2006, 11:46   #7
BHPian

Hey Revvhead, post the lap video you guys recorded. Would be great to get some in-car footage. our very own 'flying lap' of the MMST circuit.
Old 14th June 2006, 13:52   #8
BHPian

Yo Mustang man, will do that. Am presently working on that and editing it. Losing the sound while doing that so gimme a few days.
Also turnne dout i had my masters exams 2 days after i returned- found out on maonday morning- so was very tied up with that

If i'm right in assuming who you are- did you get the pics??
Old 14th June 2006, 14:01   #9
Jay
BHPian

Power to weight ratio !!! i think nitrous can join in with you guys... nice report there, waiting for some pics.....
Old 14th June 2006, 19:33   #10
BHPian

Well this bhpian from chennai was in coimbatore. Hey guys any idea where the championship classification is put up? Im really curious abt it. hehe
Old 14th June 2006, 19:56   #11
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Lets hope the count of the bhpians participating in these events only increases in the upcoming seasons ?? I should be there provided there are no exams like this time ..

Well first of all congrats to the 3 of you , for having given it all on the tracks .. It does take some effort to control those FISSME's , however driving the LGB's seems much more sedate but correcting the FISSME's when the rear is all about to go loose is where the fun lies ..

Revvhead , really sad to hear that mechanical problems cost u plenty of places both on the quali rounds as well as the race itself .. Well , i guess this is a part and parcel of motorsports and wishing u better luck next time ..

Also , i thought that all the cars are balanced equally wrt to weight ?? Arent they ??
Old 14th June 2006, 20:33   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885

Also , i thought that all the cars are balanced equally wrt to weight ?? Arent they ??
NO!

At race scrutiny, along with the car and gear, I weighed 445kgs

The race winner weighed 397 or 398.

Most people are around 400-410.

Giving 45kgs, my fastest lap was around 1.1secs slower than the fastest in the race.
No idea how that stacks up...
Old 15th June 2006, 12:58   #13
BHPian

Well, i really dont think weight matters all that much. JD's won the FISSME championship and he's around 80. But yea, it does matter i guess. Jus not as much as karts though.
Old 15th June 2006, 14:55   #14
BHPian

Believe me buddy , the weight matters big time.
Never mind calculations its as simple as this-
even if and one of the light guys are on the straight
both flat out - he pulls away.
The video is almost ready and once i put it up, you will see in there, that i have a blistering start off the line, but then all the cars begin to pull away from me.
Old 15th June 2006, 15:00   #15
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvhead
I have a blistering start off the line, but then all the cars begin to pull away from me.
Hmmm I wonder why
Put up the Vid dude.. cant wait to see it!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks