Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th January 2015, 12:29   #16
BHPian

Re: Report & Pics: The 2015 Valley Run Drag Races

Nice report! All of us were waiting for it to come!

However, one thing that I wanted to ask! How did you manage to get the "BHP" numbers for those modded cars? (Esp the Indian one's)
Old 13th January 2015, 12:47   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
Yup, it still belongs to Ford Rocam. He went up against a 911 Turbo. Was soooo looking forward to this race. Unfortunately, due to an electrical issue, he couldn't rev beyond 3,000/4,000 RPM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by slicvic View Post
Nice Report with all the pics.
Any idea what mounts were used for the GoPro on The Saints Polo. It seems to have so many linkages, wonder how the linkages survives such speeds.

Some of the action from the strip:
S 2 you have done full justice to the coverage, thanks a lot, I would also like to thank you for awesome pics you clicked for my car, I will be using them in my thread on BHP too. I hope you wont mind.

Cheers,

Last edited by Aditya : 13th January 2015 at 13:26. Reason: Fixing quote tag
The Saint is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th January 2015, 13:14   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saint View Post
S 2 you have done full justice to the coverage, thanks a lot, I would also like to thank you for awesome pics you clicked for my car, I will be using them in my thread on BHP too. I hope you wont mind.
Cheers,
Sure. I have a few more pics of your car. If you want I can post them for you in your thread too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjr0498 View Post
However, one thing that I wanted to ask! How did you manage to get the "BHP" numbers for those modded cars? (Esp the Indian one's)
BHPian Tushar went and spoke to a few owners of these cars. Some revealed the figures, some didn't. BHPian binz was one of the friendly ones who patiently answered all questions asked by Tushar.

Quote:
The GT-R driver was slow off the line with a reaction time of 1.716 seconds. But guess what, his elapsed time was 10.396 seconds with an exit speed of 200.48 km/hr - the fastest among cars. The 911 on the other hand did the quarter mile in 11.507 seconds with an exit speed of 195.28 km/hr.

Fastest car was the GT-R with the timing as mentioned above (in this post).
Quote:
Originally Posted by moin motiwala View Post
Hi All,
Just by posting a photo/video or two of the practise run doesn't really prove and show that a GTR can lose to any car. It hasn't attained the world-wide title of "GODZILLA" just like that....What stands as evidence in black & white is the timing slip which is generated as soon as the vehicle breaks the beam at the 400m mark.
Just for everyones info & record, this was the same stunt tried out, and a subject of massive unwanted discussion even when the Orange GTR from Hyderabad banged the daylights out of everyone.
We must all learn to Lose with Pride & Win with Humility...
Great show Moin. Congrats for achieving the fastest run in your GT-R.

As a spectator, I clicked what I saw. I posted the timings as soon as I received the official confirmation. Didn't intend to start a debate or create any kind of controversy here.
S2!!! is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th January 2015, 13:16   #19
BHPian

Reposting! As the page timed out!

A very close friend of mine, Venkat, also participated and won 1st place in the Indian cars 1401-1600 cc Pro stock category! He clocked a timing of 15.64 secs beating cars that were purpose built for this category, having level 2-3 mods and the "works"!

What really set him apart from the regular was his car's setup compared to his opponents in the category. This car was to enter the "Street Stock category" but later the entry was changed as my lazy friend did not want to take the pains to remove the header!

Attaching a small excerpt posted by Venkat himself from another forum:

Quote:
I originally meant to run in street stock, but didn't really fancy the idea of discarding my header and running with a stock exhaust manifold to follow the class regulations. So I had my entry amended to pro stock and ran with my header and track slicks that memo45_m was kind enough to let me use. The exact setup is as follows:

1. Rebuilt high compression engine block with all stock internals.
2. Stock head and valvetrain, controlled by an adjustable cam gear.
3. Fidanza 3.5 kg flywheel with OE Exedy clutch.
4. Close ratio gearbox with stock 1.5 FD [4.06:1]
5. Medium compound track slicks with 15" Etios Liva Sportivo rims.
6. Stock ECU, rev limit 7100 RPM.
7. Custom 4x1 header with the end can disconnected.
8. Stock intake manifold with airbox, no filter, connected to a simple ram air setup without destroying any headlights or front end aesthetics.
9. Alternator, PS and AC belts disconnected for the duration of the race.
10. Passenger seat removed and the boot cleared of all loose stuff, and a minimal fuel load. Absolutely no other attempts at weight reduction.

The intent was to participate in a well organized event, have fun, and establish that a daily driver car with a cranking compression of 210 PSI could run perfectly on the stock ECU and be ready to race at a moment's notice without being mutilated, and go toe to toe with the pro stock boys. Everything went as intended. yzfrj, eapen and I drove to Aamby Valley and back in proper comfort, got 15+ kmpl with the AC running most of the time and maintaining an average speed of over 80 kmph, and then performed flawlessly in the race. This is a high compression Honda build with no excuses.
Kudos to him and his team (joeking) for all the hard work and perseverance. A good show folks!

Here are the links to his run!

I would like to congratulate all the participants and the organizer's for their hard work and dedication. It is because of you folks that this tabooed sport in India still exists and folks like me who unfortunately cant make it enjoy lauding your efforts!!

The man himself below with his chameleon car (its painted with temperature sensitive paint)!

Report & Pics: The 2015 Valley Run Drag Races-img_9433.jpg

Quote:
BHPian Tushar went and spoke to a few owners of these cars. Some revealed the figures, some didn't. BHPian binz was one of the friendly ones who patiently answered all questions asked by Tushar.

As a spectator, I clicked what I saw. I posted the timings as soon as I received the official confirmation. Didn't intend to start a debate or create any kind of controversy here.
Aah so it was the respective owners!

Thanks again for this report! I am sure people like me who could not make it, have thoroughly enjoyed it!

Cheers!

Last edited by Rehaan : 13th January 2015 at 17:13. Reason: Merging consecutive posts :)
ssjr0498 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 13th January 2015, 13:35   #20
BHPian

Yes S 2 please if you don't mind helping me with that, I am putting up the video and the pics you have put, you can put the rest which not covered by me.

Thanks once again for your help and it was pleasure meeting you.

Cheers
Old 13th January 2015, 13:36   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Aah so it was the respective owners!

Thanks again for this report! I am sure people like me who could not make it, have thoroughly enjoyed it!

Cheers!
Shrey,

I spoke to Tushar and gave him the whp figures of all the cars as tested on the RD dyno - with the exception of the turbo esteem which was dynoed at RRP. Unfortunately whp/bhp has been interchanged freely.

Figures for Joels car was given by Joel(obviously!) - which is the figure at the crank.

Last edited by binz : 13th January 2015 at 13:41.
binz is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th January 2015, 14:01   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binz View Post
Shrey,

I spoke to Tushar and gave him the whp figures of all the cars as tested on the RD dyno - with the exception of the turbo esteem which was dynoed at RRP. Unfortunately whp/bhp has been interchanged freely.

Figures for Joels car was given by Joel(obviously!) - which is the figure at the crank.
Binoy! that's what I was wondering when I saw the OP put the numbers against the car's. I was wondering how he got those numbers as apart from a couple of cars, we never saw the rest on the dyno!

Thanks for clarifying and congratulations for officially owning the fastest Baleno in the country! Good show mate!
Old 13th January 2015, 17:59   #23
Senior - BHPian

Here are a few videos from the event. Lemme know if you're having any trouble viewing them

Last edited by Tushar : 13th January 2015 at 18:04.
Tushar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th January 2015, 02:36   #24
BHPian

Thanks for the write up Tushar.
My car was purpose tuned for the event, specifically, hence the times.
Its a street spec engine and not yet fancy enough!
We take pride in having built the fastest and most powerful D15 in the country and setting the time with a stock camshaft as well, Without an Import engine swap.
Every year it has been a new experiment and we glad we broke a new front wheel drive record. From our 13.49secs pro-stock 1600cc NA run in 2013 till now, we have set a new time in every class we entered.

Congrats Binoy on having the fastest Baleno in the country, officially

The event was however disappointing due to the stupid time management and unwanted priority given only to super cars and super bikes. The Indian cars were pushed to the end of the day and had no consideration that fully built race cars need ideal track conditions and light. I had my final run at 7.45pm in pitch dark with cold track temp and no light whatsoever even at the finish. I had to lift off 30-40mtrs before finish coz it was too freaky. There was absolutely no concern for safety of the competitors and the officials were downright rude to everyone when asked!
The worst organised Valley run episode in 3 years.
fieroid is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 14th January 2015, 10:01   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieroid View Post
The event was however disappointing due to the stupid time management and unwanted priority given only to super cars and super bikes. The Indian cars were pushed to the end of the day and had no consideration that fully built race cars need ideal track conditions and light. I had my final run at 7.45pm in pitch dark with cold track temp and no light whatsoever even at the finish. I had to lift off 30-40mtrs before finish coz it was too freaky. There was absolutely no concern for safety of the competitors and the officials were downright rude to everyone when asked!
The worst organised Valley run episode in 3 years.
Seriously. Apart from the lousy time management, safety was a big concern. People were pulling those launch runs behind the track when there was a crowd all over the place, and I was just hoping there wouldn't be any incident. Even we were desperately waiting for the dedicated racers to be given a shot, but only got superbikes and supercars when the light was right.

At night, the combination of poor lighting and tons of dust really made it difficult to catch the best races. Many people who finished the races lost their patience and left the venue before the final timings were announced.
Tushar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th January 2015, 10:09   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieroid View Post
Every year it has been a new experiment and we glad we broke a new front wheel drive record. From our 13.49secs pro-stock 1600cc NA run in 2013 till now, we have set a new time in every class we entered.
Congrats Joel, no surprises though! It's routine for you to up the ante!

Kudos to you and your team for all the hard work!

Here is his final run in pitch dark conditions!! Your sure have nerves of steel mate!!

Cheers!

Note from Support - Please avoid quoting an entire lengthy post as it inconveniences our mobile users.

Last edited by n_aditya : 20th January 2015 at 14:26.
ssjr0498 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th January 2015, 10:40   #27
Senior - BHPian

Here are the results of the 2015 Valley Run

Cars:

Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 1377
Size:  76.9 KB

Name:  Capture1.PNG
Views: 1343
Size:  58.5 KB

Name:  Capture2.PNG
Views: 1346
Size:  55.5 KB

Name:  Capture3.PNG
Views: 1346
Size:  25.4 KB

Bikes:

Name:  Untitled1.png
Views: 1350
Size:  78.8 KB

Report & Pics: The 2015 Valley Run Drag Races-untitled.png

Report & Pics: The 2015 Valley Run Drag Races-untitled2.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octane_Power View Post
1. There is a pic of the HP4(my favorite SBK). How did it fare in the drag? Which was the fastest bike out there?
The HP4 crossed the line in 9.9 seconds with a terminating speed of 231.11 km/hr

Last edited by S2!!! : 14th January 2015 at 10:53.
S2!!! is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2015, 11:33   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Supercar killer (GTR) vs THE SUPERCAR (911 Turbo):
Attachment 1327363

And the winner is...
Attachment 1327364
That was from the practice run. The vehicles are given this so that the drivers can play around to get the best starts during the main run and the run times are also not recorded. So please don't mislead the forum members with statements as " and the winner is..". We all know how the GTR beat everything put against it to get its 10.3 second time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
This is the first time in history I've ever heard of an R35 GTR losing a drag race. What went wrong?
Well a practice run has been portrayed as the final run, thats what went wrong. .

Quote:
The GT-R driver was slow off the line with a reaction time of 1.716 seconds. But guess what, his elapsed time was 10.396 seconds with an exit speed of 200.48 km/hr - the fastest among cars. The 911 on the other hand did the quarter mile in 11.507 seconds with an exit speed of 195.28 km/hr.

Fastest car was the GT-R with the timing as mentioned above (in this post)
See now your talking of the final run, but the pics posted are of the practice run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moin motiwala View Post
Hi All,
Just by posting a photo/video or two of the practise run doesn't really prove and show that a GTR can lose to any car. It hasn't attained the world-wide title of "GODZILLA" just like that....What stands as evidence in black & white is the timing slip which is generated as soon as the vehicle breaks the beam at the 400m mark.
Just for everyones info & record, this was the same stunt tried out, and a subject of massive unwanted discussion even when the Orange GTR from Hyderabad banged the daylights out of everyone.
We must all learn to Lose with Pride & Win with Humility...
Absolutely agree.
speedy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2015, 00:03   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats Joel, no surprises though! It's routine for you to up the ante!

Kudos to you and your team for all the hard work!
Joel: what an awesome run. Switched lanes and boom. You are a true racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
That was from the practice run. The vehicles are given this so that the drivers can play around to get the best starts during the main run and the run times are also not recorded. So please don't mislead the forum members with statements as " and the winner is..". We all know how the GTR beat everything put against it to get its 10.3 second time.
You are right. The GTR was brilliant as usual. Congratulations Moin - super run

Note from Support - Please avoid quoting posts which contain videos as it inconveniences our mobile users.

Last edited by n_aditya : 20th January 2015 at 14:27.
Old 15th January 2015, 12:09   #30
BHPian

Thanks @insaneroller. I only wanted a run, didnt care which lane. Very disappointed that there was no light, chill tarmac and rude officials. Will think twice to come for the next episode!
fieroid is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks