Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th December 2016, 13:03   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2016 India Speed Week to be held from December 9 @ Kolkata

Quote:
Originally Posted by scuderiamania View Post
Attachment 1584231

I was talking to my brother about how this will probably do less than 12 seconds to the quarter mile when this nice gentlemen came up to us and said its a WIP and that they hadn't yet pushed it to its limits. Even then the car was doing 13 seconds. The rear section of the car had been completely taken out and had spaceframe built to his specifications. Although he was using the octavia's original block , the head, air intakes, turbos, exhaust, engine maps, pretty much everything was made from scratch. Power output as per his estimations were 350Bhp at the wheels!.

Attachment 1584237

This is by far the most impressive thing I have ever seen! Unfortunately for me, the car wasn't going to run that day!

I spent the rest of the day trackside.

https://goo.gl/photos/SrpoBN76m92WAhdk9

My only regret is that I couldn't go on all 3 days of the event. If this event ever comes back to Kolkata again, I will definitely visit.
Hey Scederiamania, the car was built by us back in Bangalore and is far from complete. We've spent the last 3 drag events just shaking down the car and improving dynamics - since there isn't a road where we can legally test this car. Unfortunately, at this event, the rear subframe took a bit of an impact while being unloaded from the truck which in turn damaged the engine mounts. Nevertheless, we sorted it out and completed our run on Sunday.

We're still on low boost ~17psi putting out 340Hp at the wheels on the dyno. Lots more to come, hope you get to see her run at the next event!

Last edited by binz : 16th December 2016 at 13:04.
Old 17th December 2016, 00:36   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binz View Post
Hey Scederiamania, the car was built by us back in Bangalore and is far from complete. We've spent the last 3 drag events just shaking down the car and improving dynamics - since there isn't a road where we can legally test this car. Unfortunately, at this event, the rear subframe took a bit of an impact while being unloaded from the truck which in turn damaged the engine mounts. Nevertheless, we sorted it out and completed our run on Sunday.

We're still on low boost ~17psi putting out 340Hp at the wheels on the dyno. Lots more to come, hope you get to see her run at the next event!
Congratulations guys! Hope to see you go quicker next time.
Old 17th December 2016, 00:55   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binz View Post

I am eager to receive updates about the car. Have you documented the car on any thread in team-bhp?
Also, was the guy I talked a member of your team?
Old 17th December 2016, 19:42   #19
BHPian

It was surely a trip to remember. From the major low points in the start to the major highs towards the end. #indiaspeedweek will be one of the toughest events to execute but it was worth all the hard work as it turned out to be one of the biggest in every aspect.
Looking forward to announce the next one with some major improvements
Old 19th December 2016, 21:32   #20
BHPian

Hey guys !

Posted the results and the pictures of the event in a separate thread all together. Sharing the Link as under :

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...b-kolkata.html
AJ-got-BHP is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks