Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2017, 15:10   #16
BHPian

re: Charitable Sunday Drive : The 2017 Blind Man Car Rally (Mumbai). EDIT: BHPian Reverse_Gear wins it!!

Completed the registration formalities ...

1. GTO
2. BHP
3. Yatrik
4. reverse_gear
5. ACM
6. sukhoi30

Lookout for the red elantra at the venue. Cheers!!!
sukhoi30 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2017, 17:59   #17
BHPian

re: Charitable Sunday Drive : The 2017 Blind Man Car Rally (Mumbai). EDIT: BHPian Reverse_Gear wins it!!

Wow That sounds great. Please share the activities and results.

Do we have similar things happening in Delhi/NCR as well?

I really liked the concept keeping it safe and family oriented event.
roby_dk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th February 2017, 18:07   #18
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

1. GTO
2. BHP
3. Yatrik
4. reverse_gear
5. ACM - Doubtful
6. sukhoi30

Sorry guys. Registered but am now unlikely to make it tomorrow. My dads health took a downturn due to a UT Infection landing him in an ICU is ok but under watch. Tied up with related stuff.
ACM is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th February 2017, 18:42   #19
BHPian

So we are meeting at Maffco, 7am. Right ?
yatrik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2017, 22:00   #20
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Guys,

I have to pick up someone on the way there. Lets meet directly at NSCI at about 8. See you guys around the registration counter.
Old 12th February 2017, 14:04   #21
GTO
Team-BHP Support

In 2016, BHPian Reverse_Gear participated in the Blind Man Car Rally for the first time....and ended up on the podium (3rd spot). This morning, I joked to him that he'll be in the Top 2.

Well, HE WON IT! Just heard that Reverse_Gear came first today . Congratulations man!

P.S. I believe I ranked 6th today (confirmation pending).
GTO is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 12th February 2017, 14:36   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

Well, HE WON IT! Just heard that Reverse_Gear came first today . Congratulations man!

P.S. I believe I ranked 6th today (confirmation pending).
Wow!!.. Congratulations to reverse_gear. It was great to meet you, gto and yatrik.

I missed 2 checkpoints. It was smooth sailing till the sea link exit... Then I messed up bad.

But I really loved the event... It was good fun and enjoyed the experience.
sukhoi30 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th February 2017, 15:59   #23
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Charitable Sunday Drive : The 2017 Blind Man Car Rally (Mumbai). EDIT: BHPian Reverse_Gear wins

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukhoi30 View Post
It was good fun and enjoyed the experience.
Here's a pic of your car snaking her way through the route .

Charitable Sunday Drive : The 2017 Blind Man Car Rally (Mumbai). EDIT: BHPian Reverse_Gear wins it!!-20170212-09.50.57.jpg
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th February 2017, 17:01   #24
BHPian

Re: Charitable Sunday Drive : The 2017 Blind Man Car Rally (Mumbai). EDIT: BHPian Reverse_Gear wins

Yippee!!! We won!

Good to meet GTO, Yatrik and sukhoi30 at today's event. The event was fun, though the route was easier than last year's maze. My daughter was totally excited and motivated to win. To the extent that she could not control her annoyance that we were driving at 20 and 30 kph over the sealink. I guess that was the hardest part of the race!

Posting a couple of pics here. The first one has sukhoi30, his daughter Sayuri, me and yatrik.

The other one with the winners trophy has my navigator Tirth Singh, his eagle eyed wife, my daughter and me.

Lastly, more important than the competition and winning is the spirit, enthusiasm and togetherness that the event brings. And a lot of classrooms through the charitable initiatives of roundtable. Look forward to many more BHPians next year.

Charitable Sunday Drive : The 2017 Blind Man Car Rally (Mumbai). EDIT: BHPian Reverse_Gear wins it!!-img_1242.jpg

Charitable Sunday Drive : The 2017 Blind Man Car Rally (Mumbai). EDIT: BHPian Reverse_Gear wins it!!-img_1243.jpg

Last edited by Aditya : 14th February 2017 at 08:08. Reason: Image ordering
reverse_gear is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 12th February 2017, 19:18   #25
BHPian

So here we have the winner of the 11th edition of Blind Man's Car Rally !

Well done Reverse_Gear ! GTO and me predicted this in the morning itself. Nice and easy drive this time, maybe to attract more people to participate, but to be honest, I would have liked it to be a bit more complicated than this.

As the results were out, I could not find my car no in the "Finished" list and found out that I next to my car no, TC4 was marked as "missed" which I was pretty sure I had passed through and had the timestamp, went to the Racing partners and told them that, they pulled out my timing sheet and found the time stamp on it, but the computer did not have, they checked with the sheet that had the manual entries at TC4 and that too matched with my time card and promptly rectified the error and told me I finished 5th (again !). Though the revised results aren't out yet.

The best part of the rally was on the sealink, all the rally cars stuck to the left most lane at 30-40 kmph. I was in a Verna at 40kmph with an X1 and a 5 series behind me and none of them ever overtook me on the sealink !

All in all a great drive on a Sunday morning. Great job done by the organisers.

And here below is Reverse_Gear getting the winning trophy ! Cheers Man !
Attached Thumbnails
Charitable Sunday Drive : The 2017 Blind Man Car Rally (Mumbai). EDIT: BHPian Reverse_Gear wins it!!-img_2262.jpg  

Last edited by yatrik : 12th February 2017 at 19:19. Reason: Added caption for the image
yatrik is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 12th February 2017, 23:26   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Here's a pic of your car snaking her way through the route .

Attachment 1607496
Good to meet you GTO!!... Shouldn't this pic go to the BHP sticker spotting thread? 😜
sukhoi30 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th February 2017, 09:22   #27
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverse_gear View Post
Yippee!!! We won!
Next year, we're going to follow you in a convoy .

Quote:
The event was fun, though the route was easier than last year's maze.
I like the fact that it was super easy. Makes it fun for first-timers.

Quote:
Lastly, more important than the competition and winning is the spirit, enthusiasm and togetherness that the event brings. And a lot of classrooms through the charitable initiatives of roundtable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yatrik View Post
they pulled out my timing sheet and found the time stamp on it, but the computer did not have, they checked with the sheet that had the manual entries at TC4 and that too matched with my time card and promptly rectified the error and told me I finished 5th (again !)
Glad it got sorted. You got the results? So I'm on 7th now?

Quote:
All in all a great drive on a Sunday morning. Great job done by the organisers.
You can say that again. BHPian Jalsa777 was part of the organising team and they did an incredible job.

Last edited by Aditya : 14th February 2017 at 08:09. Reason: Typo
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th February 2017, 16:00   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Glad it got sorted. You got the results? So I'm on 7th now?
No haven't got the results yet so am not sure, but they just said 5th. So pending confirmation, and yeah you were 6th. If results are revised then you'll be 7th.
yatrik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2017, 16:05   #29
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats Reverse Gear & GTO - couldn't make it at the last moment this time.

Wow 3rd and 1st. I know how hard getting the accurate speed to come in the top 3 is. Congrats again.

I have placed, 4, 5,6,7 & 19 in earlier editions if I recollect well. And the best position was the first time round last time was 7th. Now just try to have fun.
ACM is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th February 2017, 14:19   #30
Senior - BHPian

Reverse Gear did it again wow! Was the maze tougher than last time? Last time was plain hilarious navigating through those tiny lanes! Feels sad to have missed it this time, Any more pictures guys? I suppose sea link was included too this time? Nice!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks