Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2007, 20:42   #16
BHPian

Will narain stay back with the F1 williams team also?What exactly a test driver do in a team? Can anyone shower some light on that..
Old 20th January 2007, 02:25   #17
Senior - BHPian

Great News. Getting up on top of the podium will do wonders for this confidence and motivation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech View Post
You can't really blame NK for this Himanshu. It is well known that Bernie "frowns upon" his current F1 drivers racing in the A1 series. That feeling also extends towards all the F1 tracks, to whom Bernie recommends that they should not allow A1 races to run. And we all know what Bernie's recommendations are like!
So far Neel Jani has been the only guy doing it.
Old 20th January 2007, 08:11   #18
BANNED

Guys, Our NK qualified in 10th place .. With Germany , France & NZ at the top of the grid .

Hope he has a much better time on Race Day ...after all hes a F1 driver or will the A1 drivers whip him to the finish ???
Old 20th January 2007, 09:52   #19
Senior - BHPian

It was a relatively good result for India. 10th place is prob the highest they've ever qualified.

Shan2nu
Old 20th January 2007, 10:17   #20
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu View Post
It was a relatively good result for India. 10th place is prob the highest they've ever qualified.

Shan2nu
You got that absolutely right , it is the highest India has ever qualified in A1 . Infact it was the first time Germany took pole also !!! Lets hope on race day India makes it to the podium for the first time also ...

Cheers
Old 21st January 2007, 08:39   #21
Senior - BHPian

Narian takes 7th in the feature race. First ever points finish for India.
Old 21st January 2007, 12:44   #22
BHPian

nice show, did watch the race early this morning, just felt that narian was taking it a bit cautious, he could have pushed a little bit more, but then again i am just a spectator, god knows what is actually happening there.
Old 21st January 2007, 16:30   #23
Senior - BHPian

I think he was playing it safe as the car wasn't setup to his expectations. Moreover, it was his first time in an A1 GP car.

Even so, 7th place is damn good for someone who's never driven that car before.......and not to forget the fact that he hasn't raced for over a year now.

Hope he can make it into the top 5 in the next race.

Shan2nu
Old 24th January 2007, 10:41   #24
Senior - BHPian

Now that they have raced similar cars, it proves that between NK, KC and Armaan, NK still is the fastest Indian in the world even though he is the oldest at 30+.
Old 24th January 2007, 12:53   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Now that they have raced similar cars, it proves that between NK, KC and Armaan, NK still is the fastest Indian in the world even though he is the oldest at 30+.
Can't say for sure. According to Sideways, NK had an F3 tuning team come and setup the car for the race. So, the diff in lap times maynot be as big as it seems between the 3 drivers.

If NK did what he did with the same setup that AI and KC ran their cars with, then yes, he's really good.

Shan2nu

Last edited by Shan2nu : 24th January 2007 at 12:58.
Old 6th February 2007, 04:22   #26
Senior - BHPian

Well, A1gp Australia happened last Sunday and NK could not make it because of the Williams launch.

Parthiv Suresh drove for team India and finished in the back 15th, 16th thereabouts....decent considering that he's never driven the car before and has been off the racing scene for a while now.
I wasn't even aware that he was still pursuing a career as a race driver!!!

Wonder what happened to Armann Ebrahim and Karun Chandok??
Old 7th February 2007, 00:38   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Parthiv Suresh drove for team India and finished in the back 15th, 16th thereabouts....
Who is this 'nobody'?
And now i understand why i got pissed when A1 India car got lapped by germany and China made a podium finish.
When is the next race and will NK be driving?
A few weeks back, i bumped into KC and was enquiring what he's doing next as he had won the Formula Renault(am i wrong?) championship.He was talking about a "GT2" which he said is the F1 support race and runs along with the F1 race calendar.
Mpower,can u brief us about GT2?
Old 7th February 2007, 01:21   #28
Senior - BHPian

@Nitrous

Parthiv Sureshwaran from Chennai was a top racer few years back. Won FISSME and Esteem Cup, won Formula Asia in style and then went to Europe and fizzed out (like all the other indian drivers these days). Nothing to be heard about him for many years and now this. I think he was brought in because Armann Ebrahim probably walked out and KC was ushered out.

NK may be back for the next race in Durban,SA, Frank Williams willing. Am really looking forward to that.

KC won the formula Renault "Asian" series for 06 which is a far cry from the European series, but to give him credit... he is the king in this part of the world. (leaving out Alex Yoong)

I think he meant GP2 not GT2. GP2 is one step below F1 and it is where you get noticed by F1 managers. Having seen KC in F3 and FRenault-Europe, I have a feeling he is going to have a tough time in GP2 ....that is if he ever makes it there.

GP2 is where young F1 stars like Nico Roseberg, Neel Jani, Lewis Hamilton and Heikki Kovalanen rubbed shoulders before making it to F1.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks