Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2020, 09:38   #16
BHPian

Re: Nanoli Speedway Race Track, on the outskirts of Pune!

Probably the best news of 2020. Fortunately, this going to be the backyard from where my native place is although this for members as we understand but can keep high hopes to have open track day sessions in the near future.

Looking forward to this! Can’t wait. Kudos.

Cheers
Amey
Amey Kulkarni is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2020, 09:50   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Who is backing this? Better be a Mr. Moneybags with no concern for ROI. Race tracks survive on passion, not a P&L statement.
Imagine an auto-maker backing a project like this!!

The amount of love and upliftment in their image will be huge, IMO car manufacturers should help more in promoting tracks so that our roads are safer and the enthusiasts can stick to the tracks.
viXit is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th October 2020, 09:50   #18
BHPian

Re: Nanoli Speedway set to be India’s newest racetrack

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaXal View Post
I have zero experience about race tracks apart from driving few laps around Buddh International (BIC). However, just from a layman prospective, this track layout looks so ugly.
Why is it ugly? Normally I hear the layout being tough/moderate/easy. First time heard it is ugly?

Or did you use it as a adjective to state it is very tough.
Vasuki is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 9th October 2020, 09:59   #19
BHPian

Wow....This is great news!
I hope they have some elevation changes in the layout too. The area around there is pretty flat.
Old 9th October 2020, 11:56   #20
BHPian

Few months back, I was pondering and going through the web and learning about all the small circuits around America and Britain. I was astonished by looking at the sheer numbers of circuits in Britain alone! They have around 12+ racetracks. Motorsport haven.

This made me start to vision a track near Mumbai-Pune since the western part of India didn't have an approved track until now, and a big share of automotive junkies reside in these two cities. (With little money to spare for fun)
I had even started looking up on how to build a racetrack and the business model around. Guess I was too late to ponder over it. Nanoli speedway just fulfilled our wet dream. (And crushed my fictitious dream of building a racetrack ).

It's time to start planning for a couple of supersports. The used superbike market might just witness a boom around 2021.
Old 9th October 2020, 12:42   #21
BHPian

There may be limitations to the area available for development of this track....but still about 500 to 600 additional meters of track length would have been desirable....

Wishing the promoters all the best luck for a long lived venture.

Hope the auto industry in Maharashtra is magnanimous and extends their support to this cause.
RedRaider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2020, 14:07   #22
BHPian

This is one of those moments when you start you day as usual and everything around you is same all mundane things until you come across a news flash and you realize life will never be the same any more. It is one of these moments, I am still grinning ear to ear and am still day dreaming, still making mental notes on which bikes, cars I can buy by 2021, where i can modify them and what else can I do.

I agree with the sentiment that for long South and North have enjoyed their closeness to tracks and have been luckier than everyone else so something coming up right in the middle of Pune & Mumbai is like a dream come true for so many enthusiasts here as well as everywhere else.

If only we can skip count to 2022 and if only our bank balances swell at the same time..
Ashwin Morey is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th October 2020, 14:57   #23
BHPian

This is fab news, though not accessible to most!
Any idea how large the area (in acres) is? Indeed, many more tracks are desirable.
Old 10th October 2020, 11:02   #24
BHPian

This had me grinning but also wondering. It may cost a fortune to build a facility like this but it will cost more than a fortune for its upkeep. Track surfaces are prone to deterioration, have to be relaid as per schedule, keeping the track and pits clean, electricity, staff, consumables and what not.
Just hope that the owners have a good plan to keep the track use worthy. Just hope that it doesn't turn into a rock concert venue or a marriage hall.
Sounds pessimistic? I know, but this is one angle which they would have sorted out (I hope).
roadrunner_nv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2020, 12:58   #25
Senior - BHPian

A virtual lap of Nanoli Speedway. This lap is simulated in a Mercedes SLS AMG.

Track Details:
Specifications: F3
Length: 2.928 km
Corners: 12
Average Speed: 123 kmph
Top Speed: 222 kmph
Longest Straight: 801 m

RM Motorsports is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th October 2020, 19:58   #26

This track can be backed by various automakers for testing purposes (given the number of manufacturers concentrated in the western parts of India), race events, launch events, and open track day for people. They can keep upkeep like the Nurburgring, you crash a car, you pay for all damages. The membership route also sounds a good way of keeping enthusiasts glued to the track. Plus, the 4X4 ground can be used to keep the off roaring crowd happy too. I just hope it becomes an International Track and doesn't get into controversies like the BIC. Western India folks will be very happy.
Swagat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2020, 23:19   #27
BHPian

It seems like some enthusiast has taken the trouble of translating the 2D layout into a 3D simulation and has driven a hot lap of the circuit, virtually, in a Mercedes SLS AMG.

Have a look of the "on-board" visuals here

Cheers,

FourWheelDrift

Last edited by FourWheelDrift : 12th October 2020 at 23:22.
FourWheelDrift is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks