Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2008, 03:03   #106
Ina

Ina is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th February 2008, 12:39   #107
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear Ina in Germany,

I am so glad to recieve your communication on the Himalayan Rally. I will try and see if I can get you some original Himalayan Rally stickers. The organisers' office is in Mumbai.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Old 20th February 2008, 13:25   #108
Ina

Dear Mr. Behram Dhabhar,
Thank you for your help. It is not easy to find something or someone who can help.
I hope you can get some stickers from the Rally.
You can send PN or email to InaBeck@arcor.de

Maybe we can make a copy from the Stickers, but the only logo i have (from the website) is to small. The sticker shop needs a higher Quality.

maybe you have a emailadress from the organisers for me ?

Best regards from cold Germany

Ina Beck
Old 21st February 2008, 13:06   #109
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear Ina Beck,

I will try and collect the information you want and revert. Please give me some time.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Old 25th February 2008, 16:39   #110
BHPian

Nisha Sutaria at the river crossing..... ive also got some pics of that toyota... ill dig them out soon
Old 25th February 2008, 16:53   #111
Senior - BHPian

holly c*w! awesome! the car didnt get stalled? i just love the pic Mr. Ali. can you dig out more pics??
Old 26th February 2008, 15:42   #112
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell Kuul View Post
Nisha Sutaria at the river crossing..... ive also got some pics of that toyota... ill dig them out soon
Niaz cool picture (figuratively).. Was that in 1984?
Old 1st March 2008, 10:55   #113
BHPian

Himalayan Rally Reports from Car & Bike International and Indian Auto Journal ...

Hello all,

Am a a rally enthusiast, a newbie to this board, and have never posted before.

I have been a lurker on T-BHP for a while, before I decided to register and get myself a log-in.

I've read this thread from start to finish ... many thanks Behram and other contributors for keeping us enthralled.

Enough with the introduction ...

I've got ALL the issues of C&BI upto the early '90s; and except for maybe 8-10 earliest issues, ALL the issues of IAJ upto the early '90s. Both these magazines began publishing around '87, and carried reportage of the last few Himalayan Rallies.

If anyone's really interested (and I'm not infringing any rules on this board OR either of the mags' copyrights), I could scan and post the articles.

Do let me know ...

Cheers,

FourWheelDrift
Old 9th April 2008, 12:29   #114
Ina

Dear BEHRAM DHABHAR,
do you have any news for me ?
Regards Ina Beck
Old 9th April 2008, 12:56   #115
Senior - BHPian

Woww.. How did I miss this thread? Looking at the pics and the narration, you realise that the rallying scene in India has only progressed in reverse gear ... What happened to all those rallys - Himalayan Rally, Coffee 500 (cant recall). Still remember watching Shinozuka on DD, sliding around in his Mitsubishi Gallant (or was it Lancer?).

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
holly c*w! awesome! the car didnt get stalled?
.. I had attempted something similar with a 118NE, only to have the engine stall in the middle of the river.
Old 9th April 2008, 20:55   #116
BHPian

I seem to recall that the Ralliart Mitsubishi team did the rally with Starions once ...

In 1987 ... MITSUBISHI MOTORS/MOTOR SPORTS HISTORY /STARION 4WD ... although with which driver won is not mentioned. Could be Ross Dunkerton ... perhaps Behram has the answer.

In 1988 it was the Galant VR4 ... MITSUBISHI MOTORS/MOTOR SPORTS HISTORY /GALANT VR-4 ... with Kenjiro Shinozuka for sure.

Cheers,

FourWheelDrift

P.S. Maybe I should follow through on what I've said a few posts back ... post the articles.
Old 9th April 2008, 22:04   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
holly c*w! awesome! the car didnt get stalled? i just love the pic Mr. Ali. can you dig out more pics??
Why would it stall? The water level isn't that high, its just that the preceding crest gives the impression that the level is upto the parking light. Otherwise its around half the wheel.
Old 9th April 2008, 23:19   #118

A little off topic, Where can i find stickers of the indian flag which are placed after the drivers name and blood group?
Old 6th May 2008, 18:10   #119
Distinguished - BHPian

Here is at end of Himalayan in 1990. The flag in was at India Gate and this was the one and only time I finished in a M800. That is Nazir Hoosein on the left of the car.
Attached Images

Last edited by sudev : 6th May 2008 at 18:21.
Old 6th May 2008, 18:18   #120
Distinguished - BHPian

Here is a story of my 1988 Himalayan start. This was my first attempt in a M800 and considering everything it did not do badly at all. The biggest problems was bent rims after every river bed section in the foothills.
The co-driver with me was an absolute outsider to motorsport and he wanted me to pick him up from his house to get to start, One thing led to another and when we arrived at the gate of parc-ferme it was late and we were not allowed inside.
We had to make some excuses and gave in writing to stewards to be allowed a provisional start and paid a fine of 5k. What a start.
Being #78 we were off the start ramp in side JNU stadium to empty galleries. After three days there was the incident near Ranikhet leading to cancellation of two legs. But after retsart from Mussorie my co-driver was running high temperature (104+) due to malaria and that was end of our rally at Nahan.
Attached Images

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks