Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2008, 13:35   #31

Do you guys actually think that TorqueNite would have been better organized? Guys, im all in for Drag Racing, but it cant be done by just someone who has a passion to do it. There are various steps involved....There are procedures, there are sponsors. Personally, i would be happy if the event takes place, but as i said before, i am partial to te "Speed Run". To each his own...
Old 28th October 2008, 15:57   #32
Senior - BHPian

The Speed Run is the worst racing event organised, ever. The rules are arbitrary, forget about the implementation. Classes can be included or removed at any time when the 'authorities' fancy and practices can be cancelled whenever they feel like it.

If you're close to the authorities or happen to be the main sponsor then you're allowed to do whatever you like including how many ever practice runs of which some competitors don't even get to do one. And you're allowed to break rules with impunity too like taking a passenger with you on a practice run.

Would I like to see it happen again? Yes, maybe. But the way it is run today, it is a shame.
Old 28th October 2008, 16:50   #33

the torquenite page gives the dates as november 27th to 30th. is the event still happening?
Old 29th October 2008, 15:04   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
Do you guys actually think that TorqueNite would have been better organized? Guys, im all in for Drag Racing, but it cant be done by just someone who has a passion to do it. There are various steps involved....There are procedures, there are sponsors. Personally, i would be happy if the event takes place, but as i said before, i am partial to te "Speed Run". To each his own...
Let it happen before you jump to any conclusions. Competition was never a bad thing, or you worried your hallowed 'speed run' might not be that hallowed after this?
Iv been to the Speed run as a mere spectator, so i cant comment about the regulations or the lack of it, but its better than nothing and if a new event can lead to a better level of organisation and regulation as a fallout of competition, Im all for it.

cheers
Old 29th October 2008, 16:06   #35

As i have already said, I will be more than happy if Torquenite happens. Lets hope for the best. But as of now, according to certain sources, it is not happening on the given dates.
Old 30th October 2008, 17:57   #36

Guys, I think i have a solution here. Why dont the torquenite guys talk to Autocar and jointly host a Drag event. I am sure that taking past mistakes into consideration, alot will be sorted out. With the experience of Autocar and the Passion of Torquenite, i am sure we can do a very good event.

Just a passing thought.....

Also, Does anyone know who is behind Torquenite?
Old 30th October 2008, 22:42   #37
BHPian

Quote:
As i have already said, I will be more than happy if Torquenite happens. Lets hope for the best. But as of now, according to certain sources, it is not happening on the given dates.
Torquenite is postponed to the last week of January 2009.
Old 30th October 2008, 23:14   #38

That mwans that the Speed Run and TQN will be too close together..I dont think tuners will like that. Too less an amount of time for them to retune if something goes wrong.
Old 1st November 2008, 16:19   #39
BHPian

Quote:
That mwans that the Speed Run and TQN will be too close together..I dont think tuners will like that. Too less an amount of time for them to retune if something goes wrong.
does any one knows that Bharat Petroleum and auto car's 5 yrs of contract is over and they aint interested in Renewing the contract. that means no more speed run in 2009..

pls confirm if i am wrong.

Last edited by wheelieboy : 1st November 2008 at 16:20.
Old 5th November 2008, 02:24   #40
BHPian

bump! any confirmation on whether or not the race is going to happen as scheduled?
Old 5th November 2008, 13:39   #41
Team-BHP Support

Dragger,

See Dominator's post 3 posts before yours.

cya
R
Old 5th November 2008, 13:45   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelieboy View Post
does any one knows that Bharat Petroleum and auto car's 5 yrs of contract is over and they aint interested in Renewing the contract. that means no more speed run in 2009..

pls confirm if i am wrong.
That news is pretty much true .

The organisers of TorqueNite have been given the sanction by MAI to organise drag racing events and a championship for the next few years .
Old 6th November 2008, 02:12   #43
BHPian

hey the website www.torqunite.com clearly now says the tentative dates are 22nd,23rd,24th,25th January 2009,so im guessing the event for 2008 has been called off officially?
Old 8th November 2008, 21:34   #44
Senior - BHPian

Hm. Guess it kinda makes sense, since it needs to build up a lot of hype before it can be the sort of "success" the Speedrun was. Besides, we have already had one event for '08. One thing seems certain, though. Unlike SR, TN wouldn't be graced with celebrities and their ilk.

Pure racing. Nothing else. A new era, maybe?
Old 10th November 2008, 23:55   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron1 View Post
Hm. Guess it kinda makes sense, since it needs to build up a lot of hype before it can be the sort of "success" the Speedrun was. Besides, we have already had one event for '08. One thing seems certain, though. Unlike SR, TN wouldn't be graced with celebrities and their ilk.

Pure racing. Nothing else. A new era, maybe?

HAAH!! If only you knew what i did. A little birdie told me that the "brains" behind TN, who by the way is a TeamBHPian, is organising events as per a certain wealthy persons whims and fancies!! And this information, is 100% reliable and true...

Also, The thing about the the Speed Run being cancelled next year is all nonsense.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks