Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2009, 21:28   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
If we didnt want suggestions, I would not have borthered to start this thread in the first place. We are making a note of all these suggestions for a better event!!
I've been visiting this event in both the cities almost every year.
I have never seen improvement.
But, if this thread and you're going to show improvements in all the areas concerned, you have my respect.
Old 19th January 2009, 22:42   #32
BHPian

@ Cyrus, is speedrun 09 gonna happen ? if yes when? what about bang lore S.R ?
Old 20th January 2009, 01:23   #33
Senior - BHPian

Can we have tentative dates, Rudolph?
Old 20th January 2009, 01:55   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
If we didnt want suggestions, I would not have borthered to start this thread in the first place. We are making a note of all these suggestions for a better event!!
Please do respond to what we have to say, after all we love the event and would attend it no matter what. But it would feel great if those little niggles are taken careof.

Guys dont get it get OT about the dates and venues. I am very sure we all want to know, infact this is the daily discussion after new year every year . He aint gonna tell us anything until its official but then we will know right
Old 20th January 2009, 11:02   #35
Team-BHP Support

Another thing you should do, is watch TorqueNite very closely. If any mistakes are made, ACI should take care not to repeat them at the Speed Run. This suggestion goes for the organisers of TorqueNite as well. Watch Speed Run carefully and don't repeat the mistakes that the organisers make. That's another way of improving the event.
Old 20th January 2009, 14:31   #36

Well, As I have already said before, As soon as I get the Dates, You guys will be the first to know.
Old 20th January 2009, 16:32   #37
BHPian

Guys, I havnt been to any speed run since the first one held.
But from what i have read over the last three pages it seems that even though its now in its fourth year running,it is far from being perfectly run.
My statement has nothing against Autocar and its speedrun,but i wish to use that as an example to some of the guys who are hell bent on hammering criticism on the recently concluded Deccan Quartermile Drag.I am aware of the amount of effort that goes into organising such an event.So i can understand that even for an experienced outfit such as autocar there maybe lapses and errors.Then why cant a few out there understand that the Deccan Quartermile being in its first year will take all the negatives of this year and improve on them,and be much better the next time around.I appreciate all the participants who put in a lot of hard work,time and money into coming here and participating.For those who had a few issues i apologise on behalf of the APMSC and just request that be a little more patient with us! Looking forward to the next edition of the deccan quartermile minus the issues and also a SpeedRun 2009 irrespective of where it is(bombay/bangalore) held to be very successful!
Old 20th January 2009, 17:35   #38
Senior - BHPian

Ishaan your post is off topic here. We are talking about improving things for the speedrun here and not about bashing deccan drag here. You have objected there and it has been read by everybody. We don't need these posts on this thread.
Old 20th January 2009, 18:54   #39
BHPian

I don't know if I am the right person to post here but here goes.

I suggest that ACI should keep volunteers, say mech/auto. engg. students, to do the smaller things in the event like registering entries and the likes. Give each of them an ID,T-shirt, cap, foodpass and a 'certificate of appreciation' and they'll be more than happy to contribute to the event. Because for them, being associated with the event will be of great importance than money or anything else.

These guys will be useful in tackling issues which are caused at the gates itself coz the watchmen aren't really qualified to understand the technicalities and thus, end up rejecting genuine people and letting the cheapos in. Cyrus, you know this better coz organisers like you should utilise your time and energy handling the bigger things and leaving things like crowd control, decorum in the pitlane/main entry gate to a team of dedicated volunteers.

I am telling this from the experience of our college tech. events. Although, they are much smaller events, a high number of volunteers makes work much easier even if half of the volunteers turn out to be good-for-nothings. Atleast they are useful in forming human chains / barricades, an essential for crowd control.

This will also take care of the 'rudeness' issues others are commenting about.

Hope this helps .

Last edited by salilpawar1 : 20th January 2009 at 19:03.
Old 20th January 2009, 18:55   #40
BHPian

its just a general discussion about the speedrun,the title does not say only improvements.I had a view about the drag scene in general and i have mentioned the speedrun as well..so i dont think its that off topic...
Old 20th January 2009, 21:53   #41
Jay
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishaan_1990 View Post
its just a general discussion about the speedrun,the title does not say only improvements.I had a view about the drag scene in general and i have mentioned the speedrun as well..so i dont think its that off topic...
Dude this thread is related to Speed Run 2009, why have you posted about Deccan quarter mile drag over here ? There is a thread for that so post it there.
Read the first post.
Old 21st January 2009, 13:20   #42
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Whatever said & done with the complaints et all, there isn't a doubt that the Speedrun took drag-racing to the masses (in 2002?). And year on year, it has emerged as the biggest most popular event. Kudos to the ACI team for their initiative. Do they have problems? Are there areas of improvement? You bet. Threads like this are a step in the right direction.

Cyrus, don't miss this discussion either.
Old 21st January 2009, 13:34   #43
Team-BHP Support

Methinks whatever ACI aims to do is in good intent and fair until the sponsors and rich industrialists override them
Old 22nd January 2009, 17:34   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Another thing you should do, is watch TorqueNite very closely. If any mistakes are made, ACI should take care not to repeat them at the Speed Run. This suggestion goes for the organisers of TorqueNite as well. Watch Speed Run carefully and don't repeat the mistakes that the organisers make. That's another way of improving the event.
And this could be another thing they should look at for learning from others mistakes:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motor-...th-2009-a.html
Old 23rd January 2009, 10:44   #45
BHPian

14th and 15th of Feb are the dates that are doing the rounds on the street. please confirm . please keep the drags on those days only because they are perfect for me !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks