Team-BHP - Pune Autocross - 2nd may 2010 Report and Pics
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Indian Motorsport (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-motorsport/)
-   -   Pune Autocross - 2nd may 2010 Report and Pics (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-motorsport/80185-pune-autocross-2nd-may-2010-report-pics-5.html)

Hey Allan thats one very very scary moment you had there. Your guardian angel must have taken a vacation after that and must have sent you this "PLEASE GET A ROLL CAGE ON THAT AS FAST AS POSSIBLE" You are damm damm lucky Allan you must have done some really good deeds{:confused:I wonder what:uncontrol} for God to take care of you.

James,

no good deeds dude, it was prayers and true love. lol

Dev its not only true love, Allan is a good driver, any one looking for co-driver for any rally can contact him :uncontrol

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crazy4Power (Post 1872877)
any one looking for co-driver for any rally can contact him :uncontrol

Hard requirement: Driver should also be able to act as an effective counterweight!

But seriously speaking, be thankful that it was luck and skill which brought the bird back to earth.

Drive safe!

Eshan from Motoroids mailed me a pic of my drive in Allan's car...

Allan, That was crazy. GOD Bless you and your rides for future stunts. Take care mate.

In the picture below, the front wheels are pointing to the drivers side. If these were pointing to passenger side (means Allan is turning the steering left to counter the topple) then the Gypsy could have toppled.

What say??

Quote:

Originally Posted by khan_sultan (Post 1873941)
In the picture below, the front wheels are pointing to the drivers side. If these were pointing to passenger side (means Allan is turning the steering left to counter the topple) then the Gypsy could have toppled.

What say??

Yes agreed. If you see the initial pics, the wheels are pointing straight. He then steered into the direction of the tilt. If by instinct he would have steered in the opposite direction, then a tumble was on for sure.

We were having a debate on this as well:

Allan and me think that if he did go down (with wheels pointing straight), the car would have kept going on scraping the side instead of doing a complete rollover...

All the others present think that he would have taken atleast 3-4 tumbles.

What say??

Couple more of Allan's from Eshan:

Awesome 2-wheeler! :D

(Nice last pic right above as well!)

Do you guys have the results list (across all categories) w/ times?

cya
R

Those rugged Royal Enfields have stuck onto my eyeballs like wallpaper... loved each pic...!!!

LOL when did allens gyspsy take on lab's??! Dude you were really lucky, get a nice roll bar and plenty of body armor done before you set out on such stunts.

Khan you are correct, counter steer would have had the gypsy scrapping on by its side. But how the heck did the lift off start? Turning or went over a stone or something.

Again really really lucky, but good entertainment. Thanks :)

i went into a left turn real fast and hit a small bump or hard ground on the left front wheel somewhere between the turn,thats when the lifting started.
to counter the drift , i straightened my wheels but she was running around 80 - 85 degrees then, at some moment i feltt he right rear view mirror scrape the dirt, thats when slowly counter steered towards the right and felt her levelling after that. soon she hit the ground on all four.
Again it was luck, subconsious thinking, and a little bit of common sense and skill that helped both me and my machine.
thank god for that
Again the things that offroading teached you is beyond limits.
if not for that stunt, id definitely clock the fasted time, and for sure tejas would have also driven with more ease and confidence and proved competition to me
sorry doc,'
next time we shall go better prepared

Again it was a brilliant experience, the whole autocross feel, and shall definitely do it again,

regards
Allan

Fabulous event. I regret myself for missing it.:Frustrati

Allan,Neat Stuff! now thats what i call good reflexes.

Any plans for RAID (Xtreme) ?