Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2010, 14:24   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalsa777 View Post
hey shrivz. great report.

Its lovely to have you on track and your performance for the first race was really awesome.
Thank you Munjal!

For the record, some of the pics I've used are courtesy Munjal and for those of you who don't know, Munjal is a friend from the PoloCup. He was also really helpful in helping me analyze and compare the data graphs.
Old 8th November 2010, 17:22   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Nice first person experience and with recall....Panic and backing off just not done. Easy to say from the couch but that is what separates the winners!
sudev is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2010, 17:56   #18
BHPian

Hey shrivz, this is a really really nice first hand experience write up, and captures the transition into a professional racing environment really well.

You mentioned that you missed one round due to ill health, so what kind of physical training are you going through as part of the racing? and do you guys also do some specific neck exercises like the F! drivers?

All the best for the next rounds.

Cheers, slicks

Old 8th November 2010, 20:58   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudev View Post
Nice first person experience and with recall....Panic and backing off just not done. Easy to say from the couch but that is what separates the winners!
Yes, absolutely right! This was my first ever racing experience. The learning curve has just begun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicks View Post
Hey shrivz, this is a really really nice first hand experience write up, and captures the transition into a professional racing environment really well.

You mentioned that you missed one round due to ill health, so what kind of physical training are you going through as part of the racing? and do you guys also do some specific neck exercises like the F! drivers?

All the best for the next rounds.

Cheers, slicks
Thank you. Yes I missed out a round because I was down with the flu. There was a sudden outbreak in the city at the time and I caught the bug.

I'm basically working on general health and fitness. Need to lose weight first. There was a physical training programme for the drivers at ooty in August, which I missed. Maybe Munjal can shed some light on that.
Old 9th November 2010, 13:01   #20
Team-BHP Support

Awesome experience man!

Check out how your inside rear tyre is locked up in both these pics

I seem to remember hearing that there was no brake bias adjustment on these cars (in order to keep all cars set up equally) - true?

cya
R

Last edited by Rehaan : 9th November 2010 at 13:03.
Old 9th November 2010, 13:20   #21
BHPian

Yes, we are only allowed to change tyre pressure and have three choices of anti-roll bar settings. Soft / Medium / Hard. Apart from this all cars have identical setups.
Old 9th November 2010, 13:23   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post

I seem to remember hearing that there was no brake bias adjustment on these cars (in order to keep all cars set up equally) - true?

R
True.
No brake bias adjustments for the drivers.

But, IMO the braking is very neutral.
Its only during corners that the unloaded rear locks up. (its helpful actually).

More than brake bias, its due to the anti-roll bars.

The rear ARB is fixed while the driver can choose between 3 settings for the front.
The rear might be stiff and so we see the inside rear locking and even lifting up sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrivz View Post

I'm basically working on general health and fitness. Need to lose weight first. There was a physical training programme for the drivers at ooty in August, which I missed. Maybe Munjal can shed some light on that.
I was there at the Ooty fitness camp.
It was a well organized affair with experts from 'Abs Fitness'.

They first analyzed each drivers fitness level and then gave each one a personalized diet and training routine.

There were also a lot of training sessions like power yoga, pilates, kick-boxing. And also a trek and a game of football.

We were put up at the Taj Savoy and it was a truly wonderful and enlightening experience.

Last edited by Dippy : 30th November 2010 at 23:54. Reason: Back to back posts. Please use the multiquote option instead of creating back to back posts. Thanks.
Old 9th November 2010, 13:34   #23
Senior - BHPian

shrivz this thread was long due man and congratulations.A real preview on what it takes to get into professional racing. Truly a feather in the cap, since not many of us here would have had the chance to do such a thing.
Sorry that I couldn't catch up with you when you were in town and you know why .

Good luck and keep us posted about the next round.
Old 9th November 2010, 14:17   #24
BHPian

Congrats Shrivz on your awesome experience! I had applied too but never got the call . You must be a really lucky guy. I must admit that I had no prior racing experience other than Karting. Still feel sad for not being able to make it.
Old 9th November 2010, 14:58   #25
Senior - BHPian

Thanks shrivz for detailed report.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrivz View Post
I'm basically working on general health and fitness. Need to lose weight first.
You already seem to have lost good amount of weight compared to what you were 2-3 years back. You were looking slimmer when we met during first race in Pune.
Old 9th November 2010, 20:37   #26
BHPian

This is truly a once in lifetime experience... Your Signature says it all...

Do share more detail like what aspects you worked on and how....
Old 9th November 2010, 22:19   #27
BHPian

dude...so proud of you!...cant believe that this is the same guy who sat next to me in primary school and shared short-break 'dabba' with...hehhe....God speed mate! --- Gaurav
Old 10th November 2010, 15:17   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
shrivz this thread was long due man and congratulations.A real preview on what it takes to get into professional racing. Truly a feather in the cap, since not many of us here would have had the chance to do such a thing.
Sorry that I couldn't catch up with you when you were in town and you know why .

Good luck and keep us posted about the next round.
Thanks RJ!
I'll be seeing you in Chennai for the next round, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by designersf View Post
Congrats Shrivz on your awesome experience! I had applied too but never got the call . You must be a really lucky guy. I must admit that I had no prior racing experience other than Karting. Still feel sad for not being able to make it.
Thank you. Don't worry, just look forward to the opportunity in the next season!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukiwa View Post
Thanks shrivz for detailed report.

You already seem to have lost good amount of weight compared to what you were 2-3 years back. You were looking slimmer when we met during first race in Pune.
Thank you sukiwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac187 View Post
This is truly a once in lifetime experience... Your Signature says it all...

Do share more detail like what aspects you worked on and how....
For the previous round, I had no time to work on anything. However I'll be keeping this thread updated. Look out for more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegman View Post
dude...so proud of you!...cant believe that this is the same guy who sat next to me in primary school and shared short-break 'dabba' with...hehhe....God speed mate! --- Gaurav
Thanks Gaurav!
Old 18th November 2010, 22:03   #29
BHPian

Hey Shrivz, great thread. Do keep us updated on the required qualifications to enter & when will they begin their next season. Would love to apply
Old 19th November 2010, 14:07   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xehaust View Post
Hey Shrivz, great thread. Do keep us updated on the required qualifications to enter & when will they begin their next season. Would love to apply
Hey, thanks. The selection process is expected to begin in Feb 2011. Will keep this thread updated as and when I get information.

Guys, sorry for the delay in writing the cup car review. Extremely busy at work.

I'm leaving for Chennai on Thursday, 25th November. Will come back with my experience from Round5 and a detailed cup car review

Cheersss until then.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks