Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th October 2013, 14:32   #16
BHPian

Re: Want cheap parts for your BMW?

Sahil, I don't think he has one, have sent him an email anyway. And with his conditions of bank transfer or cash, I don't think he is really equipped for online sales. I wish there was someone in the clean/clear online space in India for BMW. Either the dealers themselves or a third party seller like www.schmiedmann.com

I have used ebay.co.uk and Schmiedmann and found them both very reliable. If one Fedex's the parts, its quick and painless. Royal Mail Signed For works if you are not in a hurry, and their local delivery arm, good old India Posts microsite IPS, is great to track your parcel.

Games, come to think of it, after having bought new as well as used parts from UK and Denmark easily, does Abraham Kurien make sense? Especially since there will be his mark-up on the parts apart from the Cost + Shipping + Customs + Octroi?

Unless he can offer value, I would prefer eBay and Schmiedmann.
Old 18th October 2013, 21:03   #17
BHPian

Re: Want cheap parts for your BMW?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Automaton View Post

Games, come to think of it, after having bought new as well as used parts from UK and Denmark easily, does Abraham Kurien make sense? Especially since there will be his mark-up on the parts apart from the Cost + Shipping + Customs + Octroi?

Unless he can offer value, I would prefer eBay and Schmiedmann.
Hi Automaton

That is a very good point. I used schmiedmann.com now to see what it would cost to get the X6 switch that I bought from Abraham and it works out to be roughly the same as getting it from Abraham. Plus, I would rather him bearing the risk of transit and guarantee of item working.

For me his USP has been getting me difficult to find stuff for my Laura and stuff for a few of my friends cars as well. He also offers diagnostic scanning, troubleshooting and programming of VAG cars.

I went on a long hunt for original VW DSG Oil as the time for my DSG oil service was coming up and even the Skoda dealer here (Marikar) does not have/know of DSG oil - they use ATF oil. That is how I came found Mr.Abraham as he sells the original DSG oil. After having a long chat with him, he arranged the DSG service and Flywheel serivce for me with his mechanic. They did a great job. I do not think he advertises this. Saved me from going to Marikar.

Other things I got from him were the Seat memory switch, DSG gear knob, central locking button, DMF flywheel and PD Timing belt kit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Does he have a website?
As Automaton mentioned, I don't think he has one. I could find his listings here on TBHP classifieds though. I think a website would be helpful - I will convey this to him.

I have been thinking of writing a summary of his services to the TBHP directory, based on my transactions with him. It will be helpful for Laura/ VAG car owners.
Old 18th October 2013, 22:13   #18
BHPian

Point taken. I'm open to using a service if it's cost effective. Have in fact asked him to quote for some parts.

He is getting his website ready.

He also mentioned that he is setting up a shop and service point in Bangalore.

So any option as far as parts are concerned is always welcome. Especially for older models.
Automaton is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks