Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th December 2011, 00:31   #31
BHPian

Re: BMW leads the pack in Global Premium Car Sales!

No offense longshanks but did Audi pay you to write that post? LOL I mean come on, its obvious you are a BMW hater now but why go to such an extreme as to criticize specifics. "Pieces of metal just stuck together" seriously? Come on. I think you meant the D'zire lol (no offense to any D'zire owner). The so called "unwanted cuts and bends" is what makes the car aggressive, elegant and at the same time distinct from the rest. "Useless gearbox"..Hmm.. Well I guess an 8 speed gearbox is useless for you (probably you would need a 10 speed). Regarding the diesel engine being louder is true for the X1. But not for the 5 series. I would say both the A6 and 5 series are the same in terms of engine noise level.
Just FYI BMW does make and sell all wheel drive cars in international markets. They just don't sell them in India as there is no need.
No offense to you or anyone else.

Last edited by GTO : 19th December 2011 at 11:26. Reason: Removing quoted post as member has been infracted
carfreak77 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th December 2011, 02:27   #32
Senior - BHPian

^ Not to add fuel to fire or anything of the sort but what you stated above is what is exactly done by the We Hate Audi fanclub.
Audi has often been criticized for the most weird and immaterial things. I dont know if its specific to this forum or India as a whole but unfortunately the way things stand , it is - Merc ? Oh wow what a back seat so comfy !
Beemer ? Oh wow RWD and so sporty !
Audi ? nahh FWD & let me think of other ways to criticize it. LOL
I dont see why people find it so hard to digest that Audi is not only catching up world over but in some time is poised to beat the other two at their own game. The other 2 have had their fair share of domination so probably now its Audi's turn. I am glad this discussion came to the fore. As an Audi owner and lover all the nonsensical criticism was getting to my nerves. I own an A4 3.0 TDi and those in awe of the 530d should just come and experience this beast in 3.0 tdi guise and quattro and then try their level best to still criticize Audi. Everyone ,including some Beemer drivers who have been in the car have left dazzled & in a good way.

@ longshanks - you absolutely echoed my thoughts man,about the unwarranted Audi criticism. Thanks for that. Appreciated. 100% agree with all you have to say.

Last edited by PlatzdaTurbo : 18th December 2011 at 02:31.
Old 18th December 2011, 10:03   #33
BANNED

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Personal attacks on fellow BHPians are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. All members are part of the Team-BHP family and any discriminating or derogatory comment is uncalled for.

We advise you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further, and to prevent your account from being permanently disabled.

Last edited by GTO : 19th December 2011 at 11:27.
longshanks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2017, 15:21   #34
Senior - BHPian

Time to change the title of the thread.

Mercedes is all set to become the largest selling premium car brand in the world! It will upstage BMW.

Source: http://tech.firstpost.com/auto/merce...nd-356653.html

And, the good news for Mercedes doesn't stop there. It is also the largest selling luxury car brand in US now. Dethroning BMW again.

Source: http://www.businessinsider.in/merced...w/56364892.cms
rrsteer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2017, 12:25   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrsteer View Post
Time to change the title of the thread.

Mercedes is all set to become the largest selling premium car brand in the world! It will upstage BMW.

Source: http://tech.firstpost.com/auto/merce...nd-356653.html

And, the good news for Mercedes doesn't stop there. It is also the largest selling luxury car brand in US now. Dethroning BMW again.

Source: http://www.businessinsider.in/merced...w/56364892.cms

Mercedes-Benz as an overall company has shown the kind of agility, not seen among the old world car manufacturers, to transform itself. Not only has the product range seen a difference, but they managed to turn the image of the brand around, a very difficult feat given the baggage of the glorious past and the associated tendency to continue on the same track.

In the process, it did turn off a few traditional followers but gained many new.

Ironically, this thread itself starts with BMW being at the top at a time its entire product line-up was predominantly Chris Bangle! A name that actually turned the BMW loyalists away. The designs did go away from the traditional BMW expectations, but somehow managed to reach the intended audience.

Now BMW models have gone back somehow to their legacy, but it has seen itself slide down the popularity index.

Lesson learnt from these two giants and their respective fate. Don't concentrate on the purists!

It can be debated if this sort of a turn-around-based success have any real appeal or value. Certainly keeps the brand alive rather than perish slowly.
1100D is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks