Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2011, 12:22   #16
BHPian

Re: 2012 Honda Civic hatchback for Europe revealed

Man I love the car. The rear end is awesome! I wonder which will look better without the PS, this or the i40. Killer alloys!
Old 14th September 2011, 12:27   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp2u View Post
And to top it all, it does not look like a luxury sedan anymore
It does not look like a luxury sedan because it is actually not one. Its classified as a 'compact' in USA and a 'large hatchback' in Europe. But, I do agree that its not as good looking as the existing Civic Euro hatchback.
Old 14th September 2011, 12:56   #18
Senior - BHPian

As an owner of the current gen Honda Civic, i am terribly upset over what they have done to the front ! I HATE the current Honda City especially due to its face and unfortunately this design seems to have taken cues from it.
Am glad i went for the Civic in its best looking generation so far.
Profile is good but front, utterly ghastly !
Old 14th September 2011, 13:47   #19
Senior - BHPian

Love it! Front looks good. Rear look good. Side profile looks good. I will be glad if this makes it to Indian shores as a sedan if not the hatch. Will look much better than the pics in the other 2012 Civic thread.
Old 14th September 2011, 21:15   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
Just one request to Honda, if you have fired the people who have designed the earlier generation hondas. PLEASE re-hire them.
. Honda seems to have lost the plot in styling these days going by their recent launches like the CR-Z and 2012 Civic Sedan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shome View Post
Man I love the car. The rear end is awesome! I wonder which will look better without the PS, this or the i40. Killer alloys!
Actually, the 2012 Euro Civic looks pretty good as a standalone model. But, when the model it replaces, that is, the existing Euro Civic is brought into the equation, the situation turns really bad. Here are a couple of pictures to prove the point.

2012 Honda Civic hatchback for Europe revealed-2010-honda-civic-euro.jpg
2012 Honda Civic hatchback for Europe revealed-2012-honda-civic-euro.jpg

Atleast to my eyes, the existing Civic Euro (at the top) looks sharp, more modern and seems to be an overall much better-styled car than the new 2012 model.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo View Post
As an owner of the current gen Honda Civic, i am terribly upset over what they have done to the front ! Am glad i went for the Civic in its best looking generation so far.
I can't agree more. The present Civic, in both the sedan and hatchback styles, seems to be the best looking amongst all generations of Civic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by asr245 View Post
I will be glad if this makes it to Indian shores as a sedan if not the hatch. Will look much better than the pics in the other 2012 Civic thread.
Sadly, it won't in all probability. Though the success of i20 is a revelation, there simply isn't a market for such large hatchbacks in India. Like it or not, we would be getting the same 2012 Civic sedan that you are mentioning.
arvi86 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2011, 22:12   #21

Whats with the craze of using black plastic on a major part of the front end (see LR DC100). Atleast the interiors still look great as do the novel wheel-arches.
Old 14th September 2011, 22:21   #22
BHPian

This new Civic hatchback looks like little sister of current ANHC
Old 15th September 2011, 00:14   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvi86 View Post
. Honda seems to have lost the plot in styling these days going by their recent launches like the CR-Z and 2012 Civic Sedan.

I can't agree more. The present Civic, in both the sedan and hatchback styles, seems to be the best looking amongst all generations of Civic.

Sadly, it won't in all probability. Though the success of i20 is a revelation, there simply isn't a market for such large hatchbacks in India. Like it or not, we would be getting the same 2012 Civic sedan that you are mentioning.
While looks and styling varies from person to person, i feel cr-z is stunning design. On-road it doesn't look like anything. Immediately reminds you of CRX. Civic is a disaster for sure but not cr-z. Put in a good petrol engine and CR-Z and it will fly off the shelf faster than any other. I don't know why Honda is not doing that.
Old 15th September 2011, 06:16   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevelle View Post
While looks and styling varies from person to person, i feel cr-z is stunning design. On-road it doesn't look like anything. Immediately reminds you of CRX. Civic is a disaster for sure but not cr-z. Put in a good petrol engine and CR-Z and it will fly off the shelf faster than any other. I don't know why Honda is not doing that.
Rightly said chevelle. Looks are subjective and I personally don't like the design of cars like CR-Z and Hyundai Veloster that also follows a similar design philosophy. That apart, new age Hondas like the 2012 Civic and the hideous Accord Crosstour are not a patch for stunning looking Hondas of the past.
Old 15th September 2011, 10:13   #25
BHPian

I do not like the car anymore. I am not sure to whom the Honda is targeting the audience. But, it wont click in India if introduced for sure.
Old 15th September 2011, 14:14   #26
BHPian

For this civic, Honda's giving a 2.2 Liter diesel option. Power is said to be 148 Bhp. Hope they offer this in India. A Civic with torque! That will be an awesome driver's car.
Old 1st June 2012, 07:55   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

2012 Honda Civic hatchback for Europe revealed-img_0742.jpg

Quote:
Spy pictures could be the first evidence that Honda is working on a new version of the revered Honda Civic Type R
Quote:
At last year’s Tokyo motor show senior Honda sources confirmed to Autocar that the hot hatch is likely to make a return, probably in 2013
Quote:
Expect the Civic Type-R to stick to its classic defining characteristics of a high-revving naturally aspirated petrol motor putting out over 200bhp and focusing on handling prowess rather than outright pace.
Quote:
Unlike previous Civic Type-R iterations, however, the new car is destined to be a five-door, rather than three-door.

High-performance Honda Civic test mule spied testing | Autocar

Last edited by suhaas307 : 1st June 2012 at 10:44. Reason: Fixed quote tags :)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks