Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th February 2012, 22:23   #16
BHPian

Re: Uncloaked: 2013 Gen 3 Porsche Boxster S

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
These reasons, my friend, are why you need to wait for VW to take over Porsche dealerships.
I believe it would take atleast two quarters for it to be implemented , I wish i can make myself wait that long for a sports car .
I strongly believe BMW would have the 2012 Z4 available for delivery by mid this year max and that happens to be my first choice.
I just pray for some sports cars/muscle cars (would love to term them 'Special cars') from the mass car makers like ford, chevrolet , toyota etc for India.
Old 14th February 2012, 00:10   #17
BHPian

Re: Uncloaked: 2013 Gen 3 Porsche Boxster S

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Albatross. View Post
this information prompted me to check the website and i was building my porsche last night. A visit to the dealership at The Ashok , Delhi followed and I was told :-
1) Dealer is not equipped with any information. They just knew that its coming but will take nothing less than 4 months to reach India.
2) No discounts on the older boxters. (though i would hate buying an outgoing model even at 50% discount)
3) One will have to settle for the combination of upgrades they have in stock once it arrives else a minimum wait of 4 months to get the car u want.
4) 20 % booking amount , 40 % as soon as the car is ready for dispatch at the factory n surprisingly the remaining 40% as soon as the car reaches Indian port. 100% payment without looking at the car.
5) No test drives for sports car . I was told i will get the same feel by driving their only test drive vehicle , a Cayenne which wasnt even available .
6) When only S models are imported why do they have prices and specifications for the other lower variants ?

I wonder is this how I have to buy a car worth 80 lakhs on road .

Its ridiculous! If a dealer cant afford a test drive, then Porsche India should launch a test drive event in major cities with some conditions like; If you are interested then deposit some x amount of money that can be used towards your down payment which is of-course should be 100% refundable if you decide not to go for it! Or some other idea/arrangement which will attract genuinely interested buyers.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks