Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2011, 11:33   #16
BHPian

Re: How NOT to wash your Merc!

The guy I paid to do my car wash when I was on a trip to the country side proceeded to do exactly that. Luckily, I managed to figure out what he was upto when he started washing the door panels.

Some of the old Mahindra jeeps had metal door panels (I mean no plastic or fabric) so they could be washed that way and the non-AC buses typically have metal washable floors and plastic seats so buses get a complete wash from the inside too. In either case, I've never seen anyone crazy enough to wash the dashboards - it would be a rather expensive repair for the electronics involved.
Old 11th October 2011, 21:39   #17
BHPian

The owner is never had any trouble with the car and never will have any again.
The car would be now destroyed but preserved in this state.

You could build a museum right there.

How can someone do this to any car ?

Having said that I see wash area attendants open the door and force water into the door sill area (where the scuff plates go) and get water into the cabin and also cause rusting on the scuff plates.
Old 11th October 2011, 22:47   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vagu View Post
I out of words, this is just pure-Moronism. Why would you do this to your car or somebody's car. See for yourself guys
A very clean job - I wonder whether he baked the car or sun dried it after the wash. It reminds me of how cars Ambys and Fiats were washed 30 years ago. Nice to know that cars can be washed this way even now.
Like you said he must be a little soft between the ears to so now. Thanks for posting.

Recently, I saw a car being washed at a service station. They lifted the car about 4feet off the ground, scrubbed and washed the wheels & arches. He then proceeded to scrub the paintwork with the same cloth without even washing it. The man in the video has hot competition from our country.

Last edited by basky : 11th October 2011 at 22:55.
Old 11th October 2011, 23:01   #19
BHPian

Well I may sound a little out of mind but my opinion is that it is a demonstration that the Mercs are so well built and made with such good quality parts and electronics that they can withstand such harsh treatment.

I remember having seen a Merc being driven in deep water without being damaged and still managed to run and all the electricals were working even after the drowning. In fact it was a demonstration of the quality of the Mercs. Maybe it was on Nat Geo OR Discovery Turbo.

Someone having better information can through some light on the subject.
Old 11th October 2011, 23:18   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by acsandeep View Post
this guy must the worker of the owner of car,and his owner must have scolded him and i guess he is just taking the revenge back.I guess no one will dare to do this thing to such an awesome car.
For revenge he could have done many other things; why waste time and energy like this?
Probably, a toilet cleaner entrusted the job of washing a Merc.
Jokes apart, this was the way washing stations cleaned cars much earlier. The Amby and fiat engine bays were washed like this. Scooters were washed like this. Needless to say that they then spends considerable time to get the engine kick again.

Last edited by rajeev k : 11th October 2011 at 23:23.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks