Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2012, 15:59   #31
BHPian

Re: Driving the Jaguar XFR & XJ 5.0L Supercharged V8 at Nürburgring and the Autobahn

Quote:
Originally Posted by LP640 View Post
Im sorry to say, but the normal car rentals like Sixt, Europcar do not allow hirer to take hired cars on the track, not even on the "open to public toll road" day. There is a possibility that the rental companies have sources around track, because they come to know that you have been to the track. And then they can confirm it by tracking the GPS. Finally you endup in being blacklisted by the rental company across the world!

You can hire track prepared cars form places around the Ring which are also race insured. The staff gives you lessons about DOs and DONTs and sometimes also a familiarisation lap. They are a bit xpensive though! Ranges from Suzuki Swift to something like 911 GT3 RS

Thank you Khan_Sultan. What an experience it would have been! Closed track and XFR with Formula 1,2,3 drivers! You lived a moment of a lifetime! I too, somehow envy you!

Yup, we did rent the swift last time we were there. It cost us 300 euros for 4 hours I think.
HKap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2012, 21:13   #32
BHPian

Sat in a XFR today for the first time. One word.... Insane!!!
I was in the back seat,but still I almost wet my pants. The world around you blurs for the moment the beast accelerates.
The roads did not permit the driver of the car to unleash the real power, but it was enough for me to scream my heart out. The owner, a real Petro-head even has a Cayman S ( Black Edition ). After the short ride in the XFR we heard the Cayman growl. Believe me guys it was orgasmic.
Made my day, seeing these two beauties. Will get to see more of them and would try getting good photographs for all your viewing pleasure ( if the owner permits of course).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks