Old 12th April 2006, 14:46   #16
BHPian

that is true...
i have noticed them on cabs only...
Old 12th April 2006, 15:09   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979
Most of them are taxi's frequently overloaded and never sent for alignment.
Understandable.... But my question is why only indica... why not any other car... is it due to the independent rear suspension that indica has???
And if its so prone to falter why doesnt TATA make it more robust?
Old 12th April 2006, 15:27   #18
Team-BHP Support

How may other "hatchback" taxis have you seen. Its a small car, and it will be as robust as the other small cars. Infact is more robust than the competition if you leave out the rattels etc., In this segment the only car which can handle this kind of abuse is the Palio. Cannot compare with the MuV.
Infact more than this problem you will see indicas with the rear suspension sitting down. This is due to overloading 2x of the prescribed load.
Old 12th April 2006, 15:58   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979
How may other "hatchback" taxis have you seen. Its a small car, and it will be as robust as the other small cars. Infact is more robust than the competition if you leave out the rattels etc., In this segment the only car which can handle this kind of abuse is the Palio. Cannot compare with the MuV.
Infact more than this problem you will see indicas with the rear suspension sitting down. This is due to overloading 2x of the prescribed load.
well negetive camber angle is present on private indica's also (not just taxi's).... never seen it on a Palio. Is it due to the independent suspension?
Old 12th April 2006, 16:07   #20
BHPian

I have had negative camber in my Baleno LXi just 6 months old. I have had a terrible argument with Millenium Mobility. They refused to rectify it since the screws need to be cut (a lathe job). Finally, got it done at an MRF authorized tyre centre.
Negative camber on the front tyres is terrible since when it is loaded with people, it pushes the wheel bottom further outwards increasing tyre wear. Millenium guys had the cheek to tell me that negative camber upto -1 is OK by Maruti standards.

Regards,

Pradeep

Last edited by pradkumar : 12th April 2006 at 16:12.
Old 12th April 2006, 16:19   #21
BHPian

this is what we will define as performance in the future
Old 22nd August 2006, 22:08   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradkumar
Negative camber on the front tyres is terrible since when it is loaded with people, it pushes the wheel bottom further outwards increasing tyre wear. Millenium guys had the cheek to tell me that negative camber upto -1 is OK by Maruti standards.
Hey... is that minus one DEGREE ?? or minute ?
'coz if it's a DEGREE, believe me, the person is takin u for a ride .. That's WAY too much of negative camber ..
Ideally, Camber shud always be on the positive side .. So that, when Loaded, the tyre contact patch is ideal..
As for camber problems in Indica, i have a hypothesis of my own .. u guys tell me if it's right ..
In Indica's independent rear susp, the semi trailin arm is unsupported by any axle (live or dead) .. and whatever semi trailing arm susps i've read about (be it Z3 or VWs) were ALWAYS with an axle .. As against in front, // e.g. the VW Beetle had a similar semi trailin arm in the front with an axle (??) // the rear Left and Right assemblies are free to buckle-in due to overloading...
Old 11th December 2006, 17:21   #23
BHPian

Any one has any idea when the dicor indica will be released?

I have been waiting for it for the last 1 year. No sign of it yet.
Old 11th December 2006, 18:25   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manas View Post
Hey... is that minus one DEGREE ?? or minute ?
'coz if it's a DEGREE, believe me, the person is takin u for a ride .. That's WAY too much of negative camber ..
Ideally, Camber shud always be on the positive side .. So that, when Loaded, the tyre contact patch is ideal..
As for camber problems in Indica, i have a hypothesis of my own .. u guys tell me if it's right ..
In Indica's independent rear susp, the semi trailin arm is unsupported by any axle (live or dead) .. and whatever semi trailing arm susps i've read about (be it Z3 or VWs) were ALWAYS with an axle .. As against in front, // e.g. the VW Beetle had a similar semi trailin arm in the front with an axle (??) // the rear Left and Right assemblies are free to buckle-in due to overloading...
Makes sense.... and it needs to be addressed by TATA. I wonder nobody ever talked about it being a problem with Indica coz whenever i see one on the road ( and trust me i see a lot of them on road with negetive camber) it looks horrible, looks as if suspension has given in due to weight.
Old 11th December 2006, 19:47   #25
Team-BHP Support

Note from mod: Do not deviate from the topic
Negative camber discussions can be done in a separate thread.
Old 12th December 2006, 00:16   #26
Team-BHP Support

Just a curious observation... I have a feeling that the Indica Dicor page on the Tata website is just a test page. This is why... When they launch the car the realated site wears a real macho looks. Check out for any of their models. In comparison this one looks like someone was just learning HTML and created the page. Even the spec page (through the link) is as horrendous (ok, more horrendous actually). And pray what is the old design Indica doing in the 3rd pic? I do not think they make that look anymore except for in the white color for the taxi trade.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks