Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st December 2012, 14:23   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Suzuki Grand Vitara Facelift

Pricing will hold the key here. They will do well to price it nicely by localizing and assembling/ manufacturing this here in India.
Very few consumers will pay Premium Money for a Maruti Suzuki GV regardless of its pedigree. Just look what has happened to the Kizashi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselFan View Post
Saw this news in eco times -

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/17595511.cms

Suzuki Grand Vitara is getting 1.9L DDIS engine in the next facelift in India. Good news for Suzuki fans. Definetely this will stir the premium small SUV segment. Likes of Yeti/Duster/XUV will run for cover.
Old 21st December 2012, 18:53   #32
Team-BHP Support

Sorry for the ignorance. So who sources the 1.9 DDIS to Suzuki?
Its their own or co-developed with some one else? Was it already there or its a new engine?
Old 21st December 2012, 20:25   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Sorry for the ignorance. So who sources the 1.9 DDIS to Suzuki?
Its their own or co-developed with some one else? Was it already there or its a new engine?
I think it is the 1.9 MJD from Fiat (but not sure)
Old 21st December 2012, 22:21   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

I dont think Maruti Suzuki has licence to manufacture the 1.9 MJD or rather now the 2.0 MJD. I dont think Fiat will let it either.

Since Fiat itself has announced the C and D Segment SUV, the chances of Maruti getting bigger MJDs is almost nil.
Old 9th March 2013, 12:57   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudev View Post
@Motored Mindset Can you give link for 2013 model in UK?
I'm sorry for such a late reply, but find the link here to the UK website http://www.suzuki.co.uk/cars/cars/ne...and-vitara-5dr.

While my GV has not had even close to the rigorous use that you've put your car through (I'm an avid reader of your GV threads), I feel that it has become a bit long in the tooth and a slight change in it's front fascia would really spruce things up. Thanks in advance!
Old 29th May 2015, 19:52   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Suzuki is preparing a new version of Grand Vitara , which will be called Sport in Brazil.

Suzuki Grand Vitara Facelift-suzukigrandvitara2014.jpg

Quote:
Quote:
The proposal of the Suzuki Grand Vitara Sport will be the adventure. The vehicle will have higher suspension and visually, especially bumpers and painted black side, and rear-view.
2.0 16V engine with 140 bhp and 18.7 Nm, the Suzuki Grand Vitara Sport should have automatic four-speed transmission and all-wheel drive
http://translate.google.co.in/transl...r/&prev=search
Old 6th August 2015, 12:26   #37
BHPian

I am planning to upgrade my Scorpio vlx 4WD and called up two Maruti dealers in Bhopal. Both had no clue about the GV and one insisted that this is a Hyundai product. Has it been discontinued in India?
Old 6th August 2015, 12:58   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Suzuki is preparing a new version of Grand Vitara , which will be called Sport in Brazil.

http://translate.google.co.in/transl...r/&prev=search
The 4 speed AT gearbox is the Achilles heel of the Grand Vitara. Suzuki should do some engineering and adapt a modern 6 speed box. And for God's sake get at least Variable Valve Timing on the 2L engine.

If they do that and also offer 6airbags, ESP, EBD I would consider an upgrade from my current vehicle in 3 year's time.
Old 6th August 2015, 13:35   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_anurag View Post
I am planning to upgrade my Scorpio vlx 4WD and called up two Maruti dealers in Bhopal. Both had no clue about the GV and one insisted that this is a Hyundai product. Has it been discontinued in India?
If you are really keen on getting the Grand Vitara, why not try contacting the Maruti Suzuki customer helpline directly? Number given on their website is 1800 102 1800 or 1800 1800 180 (toll-free). I think they are usually quiet responsive and if MSIL still sells the Vitara in India, the dealers in Bhopal may finally learn that the hard way!

In Japan, Suzuki still sells the Grand Vitara (Escudo). So technically, I don't see a reason why MSIL will not sell you one.

Keep us updated.

I see that the GV is still very much listed on MSIL website: http://www.marutisuzuki.com/grand-vitara.aspx

Regards
Viju

Last edited by Viju : 6th August 2015 at 13:37.
Viju is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 6th August 2015, 14:29   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_anurag View Post
As far as I know the GV has been discontinued .There are chances that you might find a good one in the used car market. There was a model with V6 engine. If you are lucky ,you might end up with one. A friend of mine was looking for an automatic GV , we did find a very low run automatic 4wd with maruthi true value, by the time we went to have a second look it was sold out. I miust say , it was well maintained.
Old 6th August 2015, 23:27   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viju View Post
If you are really keen on getting the Grand Vitara, why not try contacting the Maruti Suzuki customer helpline directly? Number given on their website is 1800 102 1800 or 1800 1800 180 (toll-free). I think they are usually quiet responsive and if MSIL still sells the Vitara in India, the dealers in Bhopal may finally learn that the hard way!

In Japan, Suzuki still sells the Grand Vitara (Escudo). So technically, I don't see a reason why MSIL will not sell you one.

Keep us updated.

I see that the GV is still very much listed on MSIL website: http://www.marutisuzuki.com/grand-vitara.aspx

Regards
Viju
I got a call back from a sales person at one of the dealerships. He informed me that the current CBU GV has been discontinued, although he could enquire from other dealers if they have one in stock. He further said an updated version assembled in India will be available from Diwali in both diesel and petrol engine options. He also said that this would be priced lower than the outgoing model.
If this is true, I'll prefer to wait. Could anyone confirm this please.
Old 7th March 2016, 06:43   #42
BHPian

Is the new Grand Vitara available in the Indian market today. Any information will be
helpful
Old 7th March 2016, 08:46   #43
Team-BHP Support

It is still listed in the Maruti website, it is still sold in many countries. Since Grand Vitara is made only in Japan, it must be available. Although many dealers might say it is discontinued, you should be able to order it. It will take 3-5 months to deliver though because nobody keeps it in stock anymore. If you order, they will ship one specifically for you. It is like sourcing a super car.

But the production of this car may stop this year or next. The model is already 11 years old. So getting spares could be a problem in future. That is important because this car can last very long.

Last edited by Samurai : 7th March 2016 at 08:50.
Old 6th May 2017, 11:05   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

Video worth watching: Suzuki Vitara '96 for sale in Australia!

Quote:
The video here surely takes the cake for the most imaginative and downright hilarious commercial for a used car.

Link

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks