Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2006, 12:00   #16
BHPian

dubai veyron

Here are some pics of a veyron in dubai.. check the reg. no. must be owned by the sheikh ........

Old 23rd April 2006, 12:47   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower
Arabs have billions of money invested in western stock markets, real-estate and companies. When the oil runs out, they will be comfortable for a long time to come.
Micheal Moore's Fahrenheit 9/11 had somthing to say about that
it seems the arabs have so much money in US stocks that they actually own a percentage of the US economy
Old 23rd April 2006, 16:11   #18
BHPian

Its is true a lot of new generation of Arabs youth are educated in europe and america. They are def going to UAE far a field even if the oil reserves runs out. Dxb is already surviving on its other GDP than oil reserves.
Just like the English in the 18th century they have harnessed the man power of the indian sub continenet and lured migrants to work there and develop thier country. Fair play to them and Dubai is a modern economy to be in. But like someone else mentioned on this thread, yes it has all wealth but no life.
Give me England anyday.
Old 23rd April 2006, 19:20   #19
jat
BHPian

Fly buy Dubai and veyrons fly :-)
Old 23rd April 2006, 19:57   #20
Senior - BHPian

[quote=spdfreak]Here are some pics of a veyron in dubai.. check the reg. no. must be owned by the sheikh ........

[/quote

One of the Sultan's immediate family member, as reg # 1-20 are reserved for immediate family members ONLY.

Here I can get reg # as XX-XX-X-0001, why the hell i'm not a sheikh!!

Last edited by panky12345 : 23rd April 2006 at 19:59.
Old 26th April 2006, 11:34   #21
BHPian

House of cars???

Last edited by rankoz350 : 26th April 2006 at 11:38.
Old 26th April 2006, 18:53   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rankoz350
Only in Dubai

Is that a right hand drive or a Left hand Drive???
Old 26th April 2006, 23:51   #23
BHPian

think of all the leathers in that ride... all stripped!!
Old 27th April 2006, 09:13   #24
BHPian

CLK-GTR in Dubai

I believe there are only 25 roadgoing versions built as a homologation effort by AMG. These cars sold in the vicinity of $1.5 million dollars each. It is owned by Mr.Mohammed Bin Sulayem.

This is a recent photo of CLK-GTR, dont know who this belongs to. The 25 roadgoing versions are continuously being traded across continents, undergoing several upgrades during the years
Old 27th April 2006, 11:06   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by irfan
how did u manage to get that snaps of the tiger cub in the range rover huh???
Information is quite confidential as to the driver of the vehicle. Enjoy the picture, while it lasts... you will see what I mean later...
Old 27th April 2006, 13:15   #26
BHPian

Here's another snap of the tiger cub. the sheikhs have lions and tigers for pets???

Like Rankoz said "Only in Dubai"

Last edited by spdfreak : 27th April 2006 at 13:16.
Old 27th April 2006, 14:27   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally said by Boom Shiva:
No offense, but except for the money, Dubai is a horrible place to be, especially if you're not arab or white.

I think before all else, man yearns for freedom and equality in life.
I agree with Boom Shiva to an extent. Dubai's an amazing city to live in, with a great quality of life ..... amazing cars, lots of money around, brilliant malls, roads, clean,... but from what i've seen and heard myself, Arabs themselves aren't that friendly to us asians... despite the fact that we have such a huge presence there. they give themselves and whites special preference .. it's evident.... for a really great social life, most indians generally end up limiting themselves to their indian groups. one way you get a decent bit of respect there is if you've stayed there a really long time...

cars there are killers though. . .
Old 27th April 2006, 14:41   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdfreak
Here's another snap of the tiger cub. the sheikhs have lions and tigers for pets?
Quite possible - I have been invited to the farmhouse of my Saudi friend and part of his farmhouse is a pet menagerie consisting of 1 Alligator, 1 Cayman (I couldnt tell the difference but I didnt look too hard), 4 Ostriches, all types of dogs including a ferocious Rottweiler, a Python and some deer. All this in the middle of the desert...obviously there was plenty of greenery in his farm including the 7s football field for his children to play in (with floodlights, mind you). Despite being in Saudi Arabia the man had a very well stocked (and maintained) bar too - towards the centreline of the football pitch where he could watch his children playing.

No lions or tigers, but I'm sure he would have them imported if someone gave him the idea.
Old 27th April 2006, 17:33   #29
BHPian

I myself had been to a farm in oman which is open to the public. its basically a ostrich farm but it also contains few(as in 7 or 8) alligators as well as horses. Here in qatar there's a sheikh who owns a private zoo with around 300 animals. it was recently opened to the public(families only) on fridays free of charge. But to carry your pet tiger in your car!!!
Old 27th April 2006, 17:40   #30
Senior - BHPian

People in India ride on bullock carts while the animals over there ride in Range Rovers..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks