Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2012, 10:51   #16
BHPian

Re: 2013 Land Rover Freelander 2

Slightly off the topic, but there is a 2011 Freelander 2 for sale at Royal Motors, New Delhi, who are supposedly dealing in sale of premium preowned cars. Any info about this company? How reliable are they, and is it worth to go in for a pre-owned version, now that a new one is coming soon?
Old 8th March 2013, 19:14   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by NevGin View Post
Just beautiful! Thanks for sharing. Any idea how much I'd need to save up to buy this beauty in India ?
I just got off the phone with Range Rover Sales and the TD4 will cost 50 lakhs on road while the SD4 HSE will cost 56. This is in Karnataka. In other states it should be lesser.

I am going in for this beauty and will be selling my Outy and the CRV! Definitely worth it!
Old 8th March 2013, 19:20   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by sknair View Post
Thanks, have you tried the HSE model, is there a noticeable power difference between SE & HSE?
Any details on when they would launch the face lift?

Also, I hear that they may launch the FR-3 by mid 2014, any clue?
Its already available in Bangalore, though with limited colour options. But as I just got off the phone with them, they said that white is readily available. How does it get any better than that!
Old 8th March 2013, 19:34   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by 220kmph View Post
Slightly off the topic, but there is a 2011 Freelander 2 for sale at Royal Motors, New Delhi, who are supposedly dealing in sale of premium preowned cars. Any info about this company? How reliable are they, and is it worth to go in for a pre-owned version, now that a new one is coming soon?
Hi, this is an interesting question. While many would agree that buying a second hand cars is good value, I would beg to disagree.

The reasons are many, of which -
1. In modern premium cars' the cost of spares is expensive.
2. In a second hand car, you have no idea if there is a faulty spare in it which requires replacing (hence many rich owners, would prefer to sell and move on to other brands).
3. Again, in a second hand car, you will have no idea if the car was hit or damaged (as now most reputed brands have their own in-house paint booth and repair centre, they do a good job of repairing it) and,
4. Most premium car service centres would never divulge a car's history unless the owner of that vehicle gives a written request. I have experienced this when helping my cousin buy a premium car.

I too got the opportunity to buy a second hand Rangie FL2 which is lietrally brand new. Just four months old! But considering the above, I thought it would be better to go in for a brand new one, especially since the face-lifted one is already out in the market.

Hope this helps.
Old 18th March 2013, 21:57   #20
BHPian

56L is way overpriced for a CKD model. Thats 100k USD! Wonder what would be the CBU prices have been! Very close to Evoque! With new Santa Fe coming, the price differential will be too stark to ignore. Agreed Hyundai and Landrover can't be compared but c'mon this is too much. Get real.
Old 6th May 2013, 21:48   #21

Surprise, surprise, surprise! I went in for the BMW 525D instead
Old 8th May 2013, 22:09   #22
BHPian

Congrats! 525d is a great car. A fine balance between power, looks and comfort. If only this engine in this state of tune was offered in other applications as well - 3 / X1 / X3.
Siva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2013, 10:20   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandyboyz View Post
Its already available in Bangalore, though with limited colour options. But as I just got off the phone with them, they said that white is readily available. How does it get any better than that!
Not sure if it is FR-3, I think it is FR-2 refresh. FR3 would be a ground up vehicle and is scheduled for late 2014 is what I heard a while ago.
sknair is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks