Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2013, 23:30   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Jaguar's BMW 3-series Rival - Now revealed (Page 5)

Jaguar's BMW 3-series Rival - Now revealed (Page 5)-jag1a.jpg

"We need to play in that world," said Adrian Hallmark, Jaguar's global brand director.

That World meaning C Class / A4 / 3 Series territory

It was in early 2011 reported that Jaguar was working on an compact sedan to rival the 3 / A4 & C Class

The upcoming Jaguar sedan is said to be built of lightweight aluminum construction or the PLA (Premium Lightweight Architecture)

As for the drivetrain, the Jaguar sports sedan will be rear-wheel-driven (RWD)

This junior Jaguar will be based on a new set of components that will also be scaleable enough to be used for the next-generation XF and XJ models. This will allow the company eventually to produce “90 per cent” of all production from one common components set.

It is rumored to be named as XS

Some more renders;

Jaguar's BMW 3-series Rival - Now revealed (Page 5)-jaguars3seriesrivalrendered_1.jpg

Jaguar's BMW 3-series Rival - Now revealed (Page 5)-jaguar3series_1.jpg

Jaguar's BMW 3-series Rival - Now revealed (Page 5)-jaguar3series_01.jpg

Source : http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/ne...l-edges-closer
karan561 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 16th February 2013, 00:55   #2
BHPian

re: Jaguar's BMW 3-series Rival - Now revealed (Page 5)

That first picture is fantastic! Good news for people who are looking for a car in that segment. I always think competition is good so that companies don't get complacent.
Bluu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th February 2013, 01:31   #3
Awaiting Email Confirmation

All I can say is Jaguar have stepped up their game. in a big way.

Here's my child...
Attached Thumbnails
Jaguar's BMW 3-series Rival - Now revealed (Page 5)-20130202_093714.jpg  

nitroxx is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th February 2013, 01:52   #4
BHPian

Somehow the design (XS) does not look propotionate to me. Look at the rear, and it looks more like a crossover or an extended hatch. It would be nice to see how Jaguar positions this against BMW 3 and A4.
Old 16th February 2013, 02:15   #5

Infotech my boot looks quite identical to the lines in the pic. Thats how jag design their trunks i guess.
Old 16th February 2013, 05:01   #6
Senior - BHPian

Looks nice. Really nice. I think a baby Jaguar priced slightly above the German Trinity (i.e just within reach) would be a very good proposition.

On a side note, the rear has a striking resemblance to the rear of the Tesla Model S.
Old 16th February 2013, 09:46   #7
BHPian

Splendidly beautiful!! I definitely see BMW, Mercedes and Audi losing a substantial part of their sales to this babe if, priced correctly.

Looks wicked, man (all Jags do, correct )!

-Shivang Gandotra

Last edited by MetalBuff : 16th February 2013 at 09:47.
Old 16th February 2013, 16:04   #8
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post

"We need to play in that world," said Adrian Hallmark, Jaguar's global brand director.

That World meaning C Class / A4 / 3 Series territory

It was in early 2011 reported that Jaguar was working on an compact sedan to rival the 3 / A4 & C Class

The upcoming Jaguar sedan is said to be built of lightweight aluminum construction or the PLA (Premium Lightweight Architecture)

As for the drivetrain, the Jaguar sports sedan will be rear-wheel-driven (RWD)

This junior Jaguar will be based on a new set of components that will also be scaleable enough to be used for the next-generation XF and XJ models. This will allow the company eventually to produce “90 per cent” of all production from one common components set.

It is rumored to be named as XS

Some more renders;

Source : http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/ne...l-edges-closer
Thank you sharing this! My god,what a beauty that car is!

If it really rivals a Bee Em 3 or an Audi A4, its positioning and pricing then it will be well and truly achievable if one really wants one.
Wow!

However, the zillion dollar question is - will the same mystique, aura and aspiration levels associated with the Jaguar marque still remain, if it were to become this easily accessible to a larger mass of people?
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2013, 17:19   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Thank you sharing this! My god,what a beauty that car is!

If it really rivals a Bee Em 3 or an Audi A4, its positioning and pricing then it will be well and truly achievable if one really wants one.
Wow!

However, the zillion dollar question is - will the same mystique, aura and aspiration levels associated with the Jaguar marque still remain, if it were to become this easily accessible to a larger mass of people?
I think the aspiration will remain and more importantly all niche manufacturers are now targeting mass moving products and importantly the aspiration is more than ever. Take Porche for ex. launching the Cayene was heresy but look at the numbers now and Porshe is still a coveted name. Same is being tried out by Lambo and Bentley. So given the trends, I dont fell there will be any dilution, if anything it will persuade people to move up ladders.

And in the end money has to be made, even aspiration will only remain if the company is still in business and to do that, companies have to do anything possible to remain significant for buyers.

Last edited by eq24 : 16th February 2013 at 17:21.
Old 17th February 2013, 04:34   #10
Team-BHP Support

This is good in a way - the 3 series/C class/A4 segment is where the fun is these days. So, having an offering will bode well.

But, IMO that will have a negative effect on it's primary (premium) offerings. You relate to Jaguar as premium and luxury; the more "common" they make it, the lesser the brand perception gets.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2013, 06:31   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Not yet sure about this Jaguar. The proportion seems to be a bit off, and it doesn't really have the sleek sedan look I like to see in a Jaguar.

Still, Jaguar is doing really well these days, so It's probably going to be a very nice car to drive.

Jeroen
Old 17th February 2013, 06:42   #12
Senior - BHPian

Well, hopefully this second attempt by Jaguar to play in the C/3/A4 segment will give them more success than their first attempt, which was the X type back when Ford had bought the company. That was just a Ford Mondeo in Jaguar's clothing, plagued by the usual problems associated with any Ford of that era.

Good luck to Jag. By the way, this will see a lot more Indians abroad line up to buy a Jaguar. It has become a matter of pride for Indians in US to own a Jaguar, ever since it was bought by Tata.
Old 17th February 2013, 08:54   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

Absolutely breathtaking pics. If they are really able to bring it out and price it competitively then this car is surely going to give a lot of headache to the german trio. A jaguar in the entry level luxury sedan market sounds like such a refreshing idea.
Old 17th February 2013, 14:15   #14
Senior - BHPian

Each rendering is different. The first pic shows the light catcher line (waistline) to be disjointed and a prominent haunch on the rear quarter panel. The second and third pic is different too. The positioning of the door handles, the lower belt line, the design of the bumper, all different. But then a lower priced Jaguar is always welcome. Its the different story that for the German trio the entry level models have moved two levels down. Catching them on numbers, or even comparative numbers, will not be easy with this. All they need to concentrate on is to make the car brilliant.
Old 17th February 2013, 15:32   #15

The new range of engines available make it a class killer anyway

2 liter turbo charged
3 liter NA
3 liter supercharged
5 liter na
5 liter supercharged

these are crazy variants for the petrol options. for diesel the turbo 3 liter is the best choice.
nitroxx is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks