Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2011, 09:44   #31

Re: Porsche Carrera GT - New shape

Probably the most beautiful car made in the last decade.[/i] Just my two pennies; of course you can say Bah to my words since looks are always subjective.

well sir I shall take your word for it and yes looks are always subjective but there are a few faces only a mother could love.
Old 27th May 2011, 12:15   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.D View Post
It looks like the Ferrari 458 Italia's ugly German cousin! I love the performance figures on the Porsche but lets face it they have the laziest design team in the world. Porsche lovers please don't lynch me !

generic insult/ feedback for the porsche.
that specific statement is JC's(mebbe he too picked it up somewhere).
But the carrera GT and the regular porsche lineup is chalk and cheese.
and thats just for looks.
performance, everyone knows about.

Going back to TG, that teaser clip that they had shown, where its is coming off a hill road, and passes the camera car....that is one of the most provocative, car-based, visuals ever!
Old 27th May 2011, 20:26   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post

generic insult/ feedback for the porsche.
that specific statement is JC's(mebbe he too picked it up somewhere).
But the carrera GT and the regular porsche lineup is chalk and cheese.
and thats just for looks.
performance, everyone knows about.

Going back to TG, that teaser clip that they had shown, where its is coming off a hill road, and passes the camera car....that is one of the most provocative, car-based, visuals ever!
When I was a sapling and had those elder brothers go weak kneed talking about and watching a new porsche photograph I wondered what is the fuss about they all look the same! It was observed in a design workshop that kids absolutely did not opt for the porsche given choices between various super cars. My guess is that Clarkson and rest of the team at top gear helped most put that point across very politely. Hey what if I rephrase:- The porsche stable has an exciting array of similar toad shaped slightly shrunken small coupes with Teutonic engineered genes which make for a great performance machine. Generic insult yes but not as polite

P.s The statement I was written for him! Give it up for the writers!
Old 27th May 2011, 21:35   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.D View Post
When I was a sapling and had those elder brothers go weak kneed talking about and watching a new porsche photograph I wondered what is the fuss about they all look the same! It was observed in a design workshop that kids absolutely did not opt for the porsche given choices between various super cars. My guess is that Clarkson and rest of the team at top gear helped most put that point across very politely. Hey what if I rephrase:- The porsche stable has an exciting array of similar toad shaped slightly shrunken small coupes with Teutonic engineered genes which make for a great performance machine. Generic insult yes but not as polite

P.s The statement I was written for him! Give it up for the writers!

youve gotta give it up for porsches tenacity in the regular lineup though.
they have finally got the best mix of everyday use-sportscar.
but like i said, there's hardly any comparison between the Carrera GT and the remainder of the stable.
if this looks ugly, what do you think of the gumpert apollo?

ps: are you a tifosi by any chance?
Old 28th May 2011, 08:15   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post

youve gotta give it up for porsches tenacity in the regular lineup though.
they have finally got the best mix of everyday use-sportscar.
but like i said, there's hardly any comparison between the Carrera GT and the remainder of the stable.
if this looks ugly, what do you think of the gumpert apollo?

ps: are you a tifosi by any chance?
Tifosi Na Na! I respect jap cars the most and they are not that hot to look at ( well most are not). The gumpert is more of a track car and less of a everyday super car. Hence, its looks are excused.
On the other hand rottweilers are kept for their protection skills not their esthetics.(we get used to the ugly dog and start loving it !) Hmm then I dare say the porsche is more like the rottweiler. Sadly, the the car being debated looks like the girl one plays football with, who feeling a bit insecure about the new hot girl in town uses her mothers make up rather appallingly. o.k now I have gone tooo far ! Sorry people but the looks of the specific porsche are too ferrari inspired.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks