Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2013, 13:10   #1
Senior - BHPian

2014 Dacia Duster Facelift Revealed

Link to News Section

Renault's low cost car producing arm, Dacia, has readied up a facelifted version of the hot selling Duster SUV for the Frankfurt Motor Show. With the motor show set to kick off in under 2 weeks, Dacia has released imagery of the 2014 Duster facelift.

2014 Dacia Duster Facelift Revealed-2014-dacia-duster-suv-facelift-1.jpg

From the looks of it, the 2014 Duster facelift doesn't seem to be inspired by the D-Cross concept that was showcased at last year's Sao Paulo Motor Show in Brazil. With India being a crucial market for the Duster, both domestically as well as on the exports front, the facelifted Duster could make it to Indian shores next year.

The Duster was launched in India a year ago, and ever since, the SUV has gone on to become a best selling model in the country. The arrival of new competition in the form of the Ford EcoSport and the Nissan Terrano in India, could result in Renault hastening the launch of the facelifted Duster.

From the released official imagery, it's easy to see that the Duster Facelift represents a mild refresh at best. The front end gets new sectioned headlamps, revised grille and a new air intake. New bumpers and scuff plates at the front and the rear are the other major changes on the facelifted Duster.

2014 Dacia Duster Facelift Revealed-2014-dacia-duster-suv-facelift-2.jpg

At the rear, revised tail lamps and the chromed exhaust tip are the noticeable changes. To emphasize on the off road credentials of the Duster, Dacia has added 16 inch tyres, claimed to be mud and snow worthy. The 16 alloy wheels are also refreshed items.

Changes on the insides of the 2014 Duster remain unknown at this point in time while the engine and transmission options are expected to be carried over unchanged, with both petrol and turbo diesel engines being offered. Though Renault India builds the 4X4 variant of the Duster for export markets, the Indian versions of this SUV make do with a front wheel drive layout. It remains unclear as to whether Renault would offer the 4X4 variant on the India-spec version of the facelifted Duster.

Last edited by Rehaan : 28th August 2013 at 16:20. Reason: Sao Paulo spelling.
JayPrashanth is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 28th August 2013, 14:41   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2014 Dacia Duster Facelift Revealed

Thats such a lazy effort by Dacia ! I hope the facelift looks better with the Renault grill.
nik_kapur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2013, 17:39   #3
BHPian

What the renault duster really needs is the ford ecosport's price to get hiked by 2 lakhs.

On a more serious note the rear could have seen a bit more work gone into it. Longer and more stylised tail lights for a start. Hopefully they get rid of the garish chrome insert above the numberplate atleast.
gaurav_3000ad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2013, 18:26   #4
BHPian

I second nik_kapur's post. With Ecosport breathing down its neck, with its host of features, and a lower price point, i feel Renault have missed a huge opportunity to make the car feature rich and make the improvements that have so often been suggested.

I guess with whoever is influencing Renaults decision making, the only way they have now is all the way down the sales charts. It seems surprising that very many companies have not gone on to consolidate their market share with great products and great service (instead relying on existing demand) They seem to be happy to land a hit and then take it from there as it comes.

I predict a tough couple of years for Duster. However, the seemingly insatiable desire for Ecosport might get them a few thousand customers as some of them may not be willing for the huge waiting list.

It would indeed be a great pity if we see the market share of Duster decrease due to indifference in company policies. I wonder who would be held accountable?

Wishing and hoping that the new Duster will still come to our shores with an improved version than what is seen here.
Old 28th August 2013, 18:38   #5
BHPian

It does seem like a lazy effort. I don't really like the new grill and headlamps. It would be nice to have the 4WD version in India though.
Old 28th August 2013, 18:43   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik_kapur View Post
Thats such a lazy effort by Dacia ! I hope the facelift looks better with the Renault grill.
In some parts of the world, a new model is launched every year to drive up sales at the end of the year (2014 models usually make it around November-December). Most of these new models are changes to the shape of the headlights, daytime running lights, LED tail lights, steering-mounted audio controls, changes to the grille/badge/trim, changes to the bodykit, different in-car entertainment, or something of the sort. An all-new model (a true all-new, not the Indian kind) has the same kind of launch as these annual model launches and occurs once in 3-8 years. If Renault does bring the annual model launches to India, other manufacturers would be likely to follow suit.
Old 28th August 2013, 18:48   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik_kapur View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullrun87 View Post
It does seem like a lazy effort. I don't really like the new grill and headlamps. It would be nice to have the 4WD version in India though.
No offense, but I think Dacia/Renault followed the line "When it ain't broke, don't fix it"
Old 29th August 2013, 08:49   #8
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

I think the manufacturers are keeping it true to the name "facelift" with just minor updates on the styling front and not actually focusing on improving/fixing any shortcomings. This seems to be true for the case of Terrano Vs Duster too - another Renault venture so is this a pattern being established by them now ?
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2013, 11:30   #9
Senior - BHPian

The front is too busy for a Dacia. I hope the Indian version of the Duster is more mellowed down - but then again, you never know. With our undying love for everything chrome, it could be quite the opposite.

The rear is pretty much the same. I like how the boot lid is in black and the Duster fonts are a little smaller but more prominent.

New alloys? Nice.

Duster branding on the roof rails? Sweet.

Last edited by 9thsphinx : 30th August 2013 at 11:31.
Old 8th September 2013, 05:41   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Some new photos revealed ;

2014 Dacia Duster Facelift Revealed-daciadusterfacelift22.jpg

2014 Dacia Duster Facelift Revealed-daciadusterfacelift32.jpg

The interior has an upgraded dashboard and gets a touchscreen for the Media, navigation & infotainment system.

There's also a new instrument panel featuring three intertwined clocks (with the speedometer in the center) and buttons on the steering wheel, among others. Another change that is easy to spot is the displacement of the buttons for the power windows from the center console to the doors.

2014 Dacia Duster Facelift Revealed-daciadusterfacelift72.jpg

There’s no official information on engines, but according to a Dacia owners’ club from Belgium, the Duster will be available with a new 1.2-liter turbocharged petrol engine developing 120 hp, also on offer for the Renault Captur.

Source
karan561 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th September 2013, 10:25   #11
BHPian

I personally like the face-lift. Apart from that hideous grille and the same old boring tail-lamps, the face-lifted Duster looks just a little more macho from all angles. I just hope Renault does not splash it all over with chrome in their own version.

More than the exteriors, it is the black interiors that take the cake. They look quite neat and really seem to suit the Duster's personality. Just wishing that Renault offers the same interior theme in India too. Considering the masses' affinity towards beige, I sadly do not see it happening anytime soon.
Old 8th September 2013, 10:27   #12
Senior - BHPian

I like the facelift if only minor from the exterior. I wish this car had fatter tyres it just looks so silly with those skinny ones and big wheel arches , I guess with the power it puts out it doesn't need them. The interiors though look nice.
Will this be coming to India soon?
Old 8th September 2013, 10:35   #13
BHPian

I actually like the facelift with the newly designed headlamps. Although they should have worked on the back a little more especially the taillights.
But more than that, Renault should either reduce the price or make it loaded (to the likes of XUV) if they want to stay in game.
Old 12th September 2013, 15:06   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

Check out the facelift duster in WHITE showcased at the Frankfurt Motor Show

2014 Dacia Duster Facelift Revealed-7551770142134306466.jpg

Also now confirmed there will be a new engine on offer whose specs are as follows;

1.2-liter turbocharged 4 cyl petrol, power output of 125 HP

Source

Last edited by karan561 : 12th September 2013 at 15:07.
karan561 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th September 2013, 16:11   #15
BHPian

The face-lift has made the Duster even more desirable to me. Love the new headlamp cluster, dashboard changes and the steering mounted controls.
Renault please put a butter smooth Verito Vibe like clutch mechanism atleast on the 85PS plus the 4x4 unit and I would make a dash for it.

Last edited by human_wheels : 12th September 2013 at 16:27.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks