Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th June 2006, 02:07   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Day
You guys couldnt be serious...please understand what you saying..

Dyno pulls on the vette have revealved that they do about 450-470rwhp

on 505 thats about 7-11% if the engine is not under rated, some say since it had a SAE rating it cant be under rated, but then again the dyno pulls might not have been SAE corrected or could be run on mustang dynos which give higher values..
The loss in horsepower for the respective cars I mentioned takes care of the SAE rating, i.e. their figure is accurate enough but if you fitted the both the engines to a FWD and tested them, the V10 would come out with more horsepower as the drivetrain losses are almost eliminated.
Of course the Corvette has the weight advantage but the drivetrain loss is something Dodge should take care of.
Old 26th June 2006, 04:55   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
I used to think along those lines till Psycho got me to try those cars. It may be pushrod driven but they still do their job very well. WITHOUT turbos, intercoolers, headers, freeflows, custom ignition, oodles of electronics and other stuff.

To put things in perspective, lets look at R32_GTR's car specs:

All this for 326 bhp...........when all that was really required was a bigger engine to give 340bhp & 475 nm with a stock pushrod in my case - with 8.5 kmpl to boot! Want power, push pedal - thats the SIMPLE truth.
thanks for putting my specs up...not that i need the publicity.

however, unlike you...I DO NOT BELIEVE THAT BIG IS BETTER.

I dont mean to brag...but have left many SS Commadores and Falcons behind...and whats even worse is that they have a SS badge on them...apart some a grimm looking face in my rear view mirror...

also...IT NOT IMPORTANT TO HAVE FAST CAR TO GO FAST....JUST NEED A BETTER DRIVER!!

I AM NOT HAVING A GO AT ANYONE EITHER...

I was expressing my likes and dislikes...feel free to do the same...

Its just when you get quoted from time to time...it starts getting personal.
Old 26th June 2006, 05:01   #33
BHPian

The topic seems to drift from the Mclaren Viper...to corvettes..american muscle....and someone even managed to drag my GTR into in..

Can we please stick to the topic..

rather than drifting away..

againLIKE ALWAYS....
Old 26th June 2006, 05:34   #34
BHPian

@ 1DAY

you love your corvette.....i love my GTR.....lets not get into comparing them....EVER!!

you think the Vette is better than the rest...i think my Godzilla is a killer..

this would never end...lets get over it...PEACE..

My GTR is 14 years old now...and still puts many V8's to shame ...There i go again.....SORRY!!!!
Old 26th June 2006, 07:00   #35
Senior - BHPian

In forum people quote so as to address the person they are trying to talk to..

so nothing personal, until someone takes it as personal...

I am only having a conversation with anyone as if we would in a meet or something..no biggi...its like when dorm buddies have a heated discussion on topics such as this or religion or something else..

anyhow I had few Qs, i didnt quite read through your specs, but didnt the R32 come with 280hp to the flywheel, and you quote 326 to the wheels? what all mods you have..

also on your comments that bigger is not always better, is quite wrong, just imagine this..to get the power out of smaller engine you have to really mod the hell out of it, now to compare size, do the exact same mod on a bigger engine, what do you get? a much much more powerful end result...

anyhow bigger smaller, whatever it is..however the output comes, its all about the end result and from where I see it, at the moment Americans seem to be at the top with their latest supercars...Jap have yet to get anywhere near it..

Ans BTW you got me all wrong dude, I love cars period, I have no loyalties, i think yes Z06 is a car that not anyone in todays age can match at the price, performance like a 911 GT2 at the price of a midsized uber sedan...anyhow..you think i love vettes, where infact i love skylines too, no wonder I have the R35(or whatever they are going to code name it) on order, that means i am not biased towards the vette, it will most likely be in the 70+K range but it wouldnt match the performance of a Z06 for the money, but will be somewhere between the base and the Z06..and nothing is wrong with it, after all even the japs consider the Skyline as their corvette
Cheers

Last edited by 1Day : 26th June 2006 at 07:03.
Old 26th June 2006, 07:06   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R32_GTR

My GTR is 14 years old now...and still puts many V8's to shame ...There i go again.....SORRY!!!!
Hey my vette or the Z06 is under 70k and nothing south of 450k comes close..

Opps here i went too
Old 26th June 2006, 12:44   #37
Team-BHP Support

Now that that is taken care of lets have no further mention of any Vettes or Skylines in this thread please......

Views on the Mclaren-Viper thing anyone?
Old 26th June 2006, 13:54   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan
Now that that is taken care of lets have no further mention of any Vettes or Skylines in this thread please......

Views on the Mclaren-Viper thing anyone?
Its going to be one bad @$$ machine, I just hope they make it look like the competition coupe, that would be killer, price it a little less than the Ford GT, add some nicer interiors, make it lighter and you have one kiler combination, but ofcourse we are dreaming, and to save money from this dying project they will throw in a big super charger or a turbo, make an additional 150hp or so, keep the weight right around there, keep the sad interiors, the hard ride, the super boiling interiors and call it a day with less than 500 produced yearly for a mere price of 150k...

but i am still looking forward to it..some competition is always good...

RIGHT Islero??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks