Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2014, 21:45   #16
BHPian

Re: Caught abroad: Volkswagen Polo with minor facelift

Facelifted 2014 Polo fully revealed:

There are very minor exterior changes but extensive changes in terms of technologies and new engines

Quote:

.....VW says the most important changes are in terms of technology, with the facelifted Polo borrowing some from the VW Golf including the Automatic Post-Collision Braking System, offered as standard. Options include a Driver Alert System and Front Assist with City Emergency Braking and Automatic Cruise Control.

The Polo will be available with a Sport Select suspension that uses electronically controlled dampers to switch between two suspension settings, as well as a new electro-mechanical steering system that promises to improve efficiency and offers more precise control. Another feature sourced from the Golf is the modular infotainment system

...the Polo featuring EU6-compliant engines that are up to 21 percent more economical. VW will introduce two new 3-cylinder 1.4-liter diesel engines with 74hp (75PS) and 89hp (90PS) that will replace the corresponding 1.2-liter and 1.6-liter TDI units from the current model.

Gasoline units include two new 1.0-liter MPI engines with 59hp (60PS) and 74hp (75PS) replacing the current model’s 1.2-liter MPI units. The two 1.2-liter TSI engines with 89hp (90PS) and 104hp (105PS) will be retained, as will the 1.4-liter TSI unit with cylinder deactivations (ACT). The latter will feature a power increase of 10PS to 150PS (148hp). VW says the Polo GTI hot-hatch arriving next year will also feature a power increase.

In addition, in the UK, the diesel-powered Polo BlueMotion is replaced by the new petrol-powered Polo BlueMotion TSI, which returns 68.9 mpg UK on the combined cycle with CO2 emissions of 94 g/km. It makes use of a new 89hp (90PS) 1.0-liter turbocharged three-cylinder engine.
Caught abroad: Volkswagen Polo with minor facelift-vwpolofacelift2.jpg

Source:http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/about-us/news/579 and http://www.carscoops.com/2014/01/bel...4-vw-polo.html
sarthakgupta is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th January 2014, 23:10   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Two videos showcasing the 2014 Polo facelift.

Old 29th January 2014, 00:38   #18
Senior - BHPian

The new interior is amazing. I hope they will bring this into the Indian Vento. Unlikely though ! The tech seems expensive.

Source: www.paultan.org
Attached Thumbnails
Caught abroad: Volkswagen Polo with minor facelift-2014volkswagenpolofacelift0018850x564.jpg  

Old 29th January 2014, 04:49   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik_kapur View Post
The new interior is amazing. I hope they will bring this into the Indian Vento. Unlikely though ! The tech seems expensive.

Source: www.paultan.org
VW interiors are atleast a decade old still when compared with the other global offerings. Lets hope VAG gives better after sales before better interiors

Last edited by RIC.BURNS : 29th January 2014 at 05:05.
RIC.BURNS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2014, 16:18   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIC.BURNS View Post
VW interiors are atleast a decade old still when compared with the other global offerings. Lets hope VAG gives better after sales before better interiors
I don't know about that. I feel they follow a different design philosophy and in many ways, their interiors feel very premium when compared with the Japs and Koreans. The timelessness works IMHO. The old Octavia interior still looks nice when you sit inside the car, one can't say that about the Japs or Koreans.
Old 30th January 2014, 00:49   #21
BHPian

I so wish, that VW does the unthinkable, and brings to us a 3-door Polo GTi! Or atleast offer its engine on the regular Polo.
Old 1st February 2014, 07:03   #22
BHPian

Some live shots of the facelifted Polo.
Attached Thumbnails
Caught abroad: Volkswagen Polo with minor facelift-1391218303822.jpg  

Caught abroad: Volkswagen Polo with minor facelift-1391218316724.jpg  

Caught abroad: Volkswagen Polo with minor facelift-1391218330547.jpg  

Caught abroad: Volkswagen Polo with minor facelift-1391218348367.jpg  

Caught abroad: Volkswagen Polo with minor facelift-1391218361165.jpg  

Caught abroad: Volkswagen Polo with minor facelift-1391218375907.jpg  

himanshu_j is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2014, 17:38   #23
BHPian

Hey All,

I just booked a POLO GT TSI and it happened on Jan 28th just Days before VW announced the 26K price increase across all polo models. I have gone ahead with the booking and my car has come for PDI yet to be Invoiced.

I read on VW site about FEB 5th Debut of some thing new from VW. I suspect it to be the New POLO. So here is where I need your Advice, Do you guys think its worth waiting for the new polo and pay 26K more plus another few thousands more price increase or should I just go ahead and invoice the vehicle I am getting now. Also do you think the new vehicle might come on road before march?
Old 25th February 2014, 10:21   #24
Team-BHP Support

The brochure for the facelifted Polo is up on VW Germany's website. The language is German but regardless, here’s the link for your viewing pleasure: polo_katalog.pdf

Here are some screenshots from the website:

Caught abroad: Volkswagen Polo with minor facelift-1.png

Caught abroad: Volkswagen Polo with minor facelift-2.png

Caught abroad: Volkswagen Polo with minor facelift-3.png

Caught abroad: Volkswagen Polo with minor facelift-4.png

Caught abroad: Volkswagen Polo with minor facelift-5.png

Caught abroad: Volkswagen Polo with minor facelift-6.png

Caught abroad: Volkswagen Polo with minor facelift-7.png

Caught abroad: Volkswagen Polo with minor facelift-8.png

The new features have already been discussed here. The radio system seems to have an optional WiFi hotspot capability. Sadly, none of these features would make it to the Indian variant any sooner. Perhaps the next refresh might see these changes in the Indian spec'd Polo.
Gannu_1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th February 2014, 13:39   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review

Polo 'facelift' seen again on test on Indian roads.

Caught abroad: Volkswagen Polo with minor facelift-volkswagenpolofaceliftspyshot1.jpg

The facelifted version features mild stylistic changes in the form of new front and rear bumpers, a prominent chrome strip on the front bumper and new headlamps.
Caught abroad: Volkswagen Polo with minor facelift-volkswagenpolofaceliftspyshot3.jpg

European version of the Polo gains two new 3 cylinder engines in the form of 1 liter TSI turbo petrol and 1.4 liter TDI turbo diesel motors, The 1.4 liter-3 cylinder TDI motor is available in a range of tunes, fro 75 Bhp-105 Bhp. On the new motor, torque goes up right from the base variant, to 210 Nm.

Reports in India of VW desizing the existing 1.6 to the 1.5 TDI and later to come in Vento doesnt not look to be true considering VW standardizing parts and seeing the use of this engine in the upcoming launches.

So, a mild refresh in terms of looks and a new turbo diesel engine that brings more performance to the table is what the Indian version of the Polo Facelift is likely to feature .

http://www.cartoq.com/volkswagen-pol...test-in-india/

Last edited by volkman10 : 25th February 2014 at 13:49.
Old 25th February 2014, 23:21   #26
Senior - BHPian

I really like what I see. Like they say, if it ain't broke, don't fix it!

I am a big fan of subtle changes on the outside coupled with overall improvement of the product like better materials inside and out, better suspension setup, performance and efficiency gains etc. I prefer good established designs to evolve like the 911 for instance.

And who better than the Germans to do this?
deetjohn is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th June 2014, 17:31   #27
BHPian

Hi Friends
Any idea when is the launch. I am on the verge of buying a new 1.2 Petrol Version . I have already paid a booking amount and i see the news that it has been spotted again in India. Here is the link as of 6th June.
http://www.motorbeam.com/cars/volksw...tted-in-india/
Just not able to decide if i should wait or go ahead and buy the existing one.

Thanks
Old 9th June 2014, 22:18   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaSing View Post
Hi Friends

Any idea when is the launch. I am on the verge of buying a new 1.2 Petrol Version . I have already paid a booking amount and i see the news that it has been spotted again in India. Here is the link as of 6th June.

http://www.motorbeam.com/cars/volksw...tted-in-india/

Just not able to decide if i should wait or go ahead and buy the existing one.

Thanks

I remember reading on the autocar website that it's in July.. I've been waiting too. It was first supposed to be May, then they said June, the latest article I read said July..
Old 15th July 2014, 13:02   #29
BANNED

Got to see this in zigwheels website:

http://www.zigwheels.com/guide/monso...-roads/13272/1

The 2014 Polo now has a 1.5 Diesel engine option and Static cornering light in the offering.
Old 16th July 2014, 10:30   #30
BHPian

Being a Vento Customer, I was invited for the launch of New Polo! I had taken a test drive of 1.50 Litres Polo Diesel Highline. My initial observations are:

1. Surprisingly low noise for a typical diesel engine. I felt like driving a petrol engine car.

2. A very smooth drive for almost 4 km.

3. Steering mounted control for both audio and MID, a big plus. However, this seems to disturb handling of horn initially. In fact, fingers will be playing with MID control instead of horn! May have to lift the driving hand to reach out to horn!

4. Suspension seems to be a bit let down for rear side passengers! On a typical Indian rough surface, passenger at the rear side may feel the pain!

5. Guiding Fog Lights - The fog lights turn according to the steering direction! May be useful while driving on narrow roads.

6. Instead of Honey Bee Comb grille, they have replaced with Vento style grille.

Not much of difference in price compared to Initial 2014 models!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks