Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2014, 19:41   #16
BHPian

Re: Report: AMG Factory Visit & the 2014 Mercedes C-Class (W205)

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhav14 View Post
Wow, simply mind blowing. I've always been a fan of BMW out of the German Trio, but the new Mercedes design language has been growing on me since the launch of the New S-Class sedan and Concept Coupe.

Surely, they have improved a lot with these new designs and I'm sure they will be on track to the top of the charts soon with the launch of these new models.
I have always been a fan of Premium SUVs because of their macho looks and practicality and have desired one since ages. But the thought of owning a premium car never came as the cost of maintenance will be too high and will be a pain. For the family, i was actually thinking to buy the new X5 that to after a lot of convincing(4 years i can say). And nobody else wanted but me. They said "why not the Inova or Ertiga, these cars are perfect for a family"
My reaction was.... My people were not getting it, I wanted something classy where i see myself driving it too.

Now, I don't know whats got into me, I just no more desire the X5. Instead i would rather buy an inova for the family and get something for myself i truly love which is not as expensive as the X5. At the 2014 Noida Auto Expo i have seen the new X5 but was not very excited to see the dashboard layout and other bits of the interiors as i feel BMW is bringing nothing new to the table.

For me, three things are very important when i intend to buy a car.
a) Looks: Who doesn't like a car that looks good. It can be any segment.

b) Interior design and Quality: The special feeling should come on its own when you sit in a car. Ever since i was introduced to BMW, AUDI, MERCS and so on, i have always liked the Mercs build and interior quality better, be it the sedans or SUVs.

c) The Drive: You want to enjoy every moment of your time you spend behind the wheels in your car. I believe, this should be one of the most important factors when buying a car on which you will be spending your hard earned money and will be often self driven . Some people do overlook this.

Keeping all the above in mind, I think my hunt for that perfect CAR just came to an end after seeing the new C class and reading this wonderful article. My perspective has completely changed. I am in LOVE with this machine. I have never seen such a beautiful interior in any and i mean any car till date. The exterior design also looks simply awesome compared to the outgoing model and the BMW-3 series. The interiors of previous gen Mercs, have always amazed me but oh boy, this is something special.

I am so glad and so happy that i waited all this time for the car of my dreams. I cant wait to see it in the flesh, drive it and OWN it.
Old 11th June 2014, 01:46   #17
Senior - BHPian

Hmm nice thread but just one doubt () , If Mercedes has a stringent quality check in place why is it that their car's have such a poor reliability rating ?

Coming to the new C class , by God it looks stunning
stanjohn123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2014, 03:34   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanjohn123 View Post
Hmm nice thread but just one doubt () , If Mercedes has a stringent quality check in place why is it that their car's have such a poor reliability rating ?

Coming to the new C class , by God it looks stunning
Reading about various experiences from members on Team-bhp, I think the other European car manufacturers are not too reliable either. But is it true that Mercs are easier to maintain??? Cars like C class, E class.
Old 11th June 2014, 10:31   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mod_to_odd View Post
Reading about various experiences from members on Team-bhp, I think the other European car manufacturers are not too reliable either. But is it true that Mercs are easier to maintain??? Cars like C class, E class.
Exactly. German Cars are fun to drive, have superior technology with tonnes of features but they have poor reliability.

Regarding your question about the maintenance, as far as I know the maintenance costs are almost the same for all those German Cars (BMW, Audi, Mercedes etc.)
The respective car owners should be able to explain in detail.
madhav14 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2014, 20:23   #20
BHPian

Awesome thread. Congrats to Team bhp for going places and thanks to them to help us peep into one of the great brands around the globe ! Feeling privileged !
Old 13th June 2014, 17:14   #21
BHPian

great write up.

though I am quiet intrigued about the new C.

the interiors look desirable - but can't be sure about the exteriors as i am not sure whether it would look proportionate (looks way too much like the new S - might make it look "dwarfish"?)
Old 14th June 2014, 01:00   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyakmodi View Post
great write up.

though I am quiet intrigued about the new C.

the interiors look desirable - but can't be sure about the exteriors as i am not sure whether it would look proportionate (looks way too much like the new S - might make it look "dwarfish"?)
The exterior looks great but the rear could have been better. What is most interesting to know after reading this article and somewhat similar writeups in magazines on the new C, is the fact that its a big improvement in terms of driving dynamics compared to the current C. They say, its still not as involving as the BMW-3 series but its pretty close. Its a perfect blend of comfort and performance.

Personally, I would any day prefer the cabin of the new C rather feeling deja vu in the beemers. They all look the same no matter what car you sit in. Its just so typical. Same goes for the Audis. It is my utmost desire to buy the new C when it arrives here, God willingly
Old 14th June 2014, 20:44   #23
Senior - BHPian

The New Baby S Class, the New Mercedes C Class - Peek-A-Boo!!

I saw this car displayed in a Mall when on my recent vacation in Cape Town, South Africa. From far i thought it was an S Class and as i walked closer, i realized something was not right with the dimensions, and was i surprised, pleasantly i might add, to see the first new C Class variant the W205.

It was love a t first sight. At last Mercedes had gotten over its boring Executive only look. It succeeded with the face lifted E class, then the super looking uber expensive new S (whose interiors i am a clear fan of, in recent automobiles) and with the C toh they have cinched it i feel. its a clear magnet and delicious eye candy. With several added features this i sthe car to buy. I only hope the dont upgrade the price many folds.

BMW better start worrying.

Pics:

Report: AMG Factory Visit & the 2014 Mercedes C-Class (W205)-img_20140606_183027-small.jpg
Report: AMG Factory Visit & the 2014 Mercedes C-Class (W205)-img_20140606_184038-small.jpg
Report: AMG Factory Visit & the 2014 Mercedes C-Class (W205)-img_20140606_184710-small.jpg
Report: AMG Factory Visit & the 2014 Mercedes C-Class (W205)-img_20140606_191237-small.jpg
Report: AMG Factory Visit & the 2014 Mercedes C-Class (W205)-img_20140606_191252-small.jpg
Report: AMG Factory Visit & the 2014 Mercedes C-Class (W205)-img_20140606_183101-small.jpg
Report: AMG Factory Visit & the 2014 Mercedes C-Class (W205)-img_20140606_183410-small.jpg
Report: AMG Factory Visit & the 2014 Mercedes C-Class (W205)-img_20140606_183414-small.jpg
Report: AMG Factory Visit & the 2014 Mercedes C-Class (W205)-img_20140606_183427-small.jpg
Report: AMG Factory Visit & the 2014 Mercedes C-Class (W205)-img_20140606_184417-small.jpg
Report: AMG Factory Visit & the 2014 Mercedes C-Class (W205)-img_20140606_184408-small.jpg

This was the Fully loaded to the gills C 220Cdi AMG Spec.

There is a huge market for kitted cars, meaning the AMG spec or the M spec with ordinary engines but all trims of the beastie version. BMW started it this year with the M spec 5 series and now Mercedes has followed suit. The price difference in SA was about 12 Lakhs for the difference in the variants of the C220 cdi. Prices in South Africa i was told, start at an equivalent of Rs 24L and go up high, closer to 64L for this AMG spec version of the 220 Cdi. Was told this spec had every conceivable bit of accessory, Mercedes had to offer on the variant including hand stitched seats etc.

Love the Audi RS style steering turning flat at the lower end of the steering wheel. This car is quieter, cleaner, leaner and thereby more powerful. i cant wait for it to arrive in India.
V-16 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 14th June 2014, 22:33   #24
Senior - BHPian

Re: The New Baby S Class, the New Mercedes C Class - Peek-A-Boo!!

Looks stunning.
I can predict it to be the segment leader for sure once it launches.
I have been hearing that the aprox pricing for it will be around 45L

MBI is placing the CLA in the 35-45L bracket now.
Old 14th June 2014, 23:48   #25
Senior - BHPian

Looks great. Yes this will move up the pricing to create gap for the CLA.

Currently one can get a C-Class new from the showroom for low 30L depending on variant and availability. But personally, I feel replacing this model in that price range with a car like the CLA is not really going to be a good move. CLA, no matter looks good but is really short on interior space, especially at the back. So is the A3 sedan which is coming soon.
Old 15th June 2014, 00:05   #26
Senior - BHPian

I thought I read that a RHD version is yet to be made or so !
Didnt expect this to land here so fast and this car would pull in lots of buyers.

The latest car from Merc Shumi too helped to built?
Old 15th June 2014, 01:16   #27
BHPian

The new c class looks crazy, mind boggling good in every angle. This color takes the sporty appeal further. Can't wait to check it out when it comes to india. Thanks for sharing!

And yes in terms of exterior and interior design, both Audi and BMW. Your nightmares will soon begin.
Old 15th June 2014, 12:25   #28
BHPian

The front end of the new generation looks utterly awful to me

to each his own
Old 15th June 2014, 13:06   #29
Senior - BHPian

I agree with you OP, the new C looks stunning alright. The new design language Mercedes has adopted is stunning to behold, with the CLA it's most breathtaking adaptation if you ask me.

The C looks like a smaller E which looks like a smaller S class. That's both a good and bad thing, but its safe to say Mercedes is well on its way to shunning its fuddy-duddy looks. There's an A-class in my building and my heart skips a beat every time I walk by. The new C is a very tasty dish and will shake things up.
Old 15th June 2014, 14:08   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

The new C Class looks stunning from each and every angle. Not a single photograph i have seen has a bad looking angle. I expect it to positioned higher than the current C Class to make some space for CLA.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks